DCL Insurance Claim Experiences

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Has anyone ever had to make a claim through the DCL-purchased insurance, and if so, what was your experience? We just filed a claim for cancelling the Panama Canal cruise, and this is all new to me. I cancelled to go on the Dream christening; technically it's for work, since I'll be covering it for two media outlets, but I suspect the insurer will still turn down the claim. DCL told me they let us use the money for a different cruise if it gets denied. I'm wondering how smoothly that all goes and how long it takes to get a reply on whether your claim is accepted or turned down. Also, I'm guessing the reimbursement does not include what you paid for the insurance, correct?

I had to file a claim in September to cancel our October cruise (about 3 weeks ahead of time). I had to cancel due to my daughter's health and had no problems being reimbursed. DCL reimbursed everything except the cancellation fees (deposit and then 50 percent of the cruise), then the insurance reimbursed the rest of the amount DCL did not. My insurance was purchased through DCL. It was a lot of paperwork, proving my daughter's inability to cruise, but I got all my money back. (except the insurance premium). Good luck. It only took a couple of weeks to get it all back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter