DCL Fantasy Navigator s Finally Goes Hi-Tech

You'd have to assume so. I think they would like to get rid of the wave phones (and any costs associated with them) as soon as possible.

Not everyone has a smartphone though, so unless they plan on putting smartphones in all the cabins I don't think they could ever fully eliminate the wave phone.

I'm glad that they added a Texting feature on the App.

I assume that you can connect to the Ships Wi-Fi for free just to use the App itself while texting or checking the activities and such from the Navigator itself? I know that there won't be any internet that's free.....but I'm assuming that it simply works for the App itself.

Also....I'm assuming that the Application is both Android and Apple compatible?

I'm glad that they added a Texting feature on the App.

I assume that you can connect to the Ships Wi-Fi for free just to use the App itself while texting or checking the activities and such from the Navigator itself? I know that there won't be any internet that's free.....but I'm assuming that it simply works for the App itself.

Yes, you connect to the ships intranet to use the app.

Do I need the Disney Cruise navigator app to text? Or...anyphone will be good?

The DCL Navigator app is for sending messages to other passengers (for free) that also have the Navigator app running.

If you want to text someone that's not on the ship (or not running the navigator app), you can do so BUT will pay a per text rate.

Yes and yes.

We had the app on my iphone, DH's android phone (can't remember the brand) and DS's "decommissioned" (no SIM) Samsung that gets wifi. Terrific way for DS to let us know that he was ready to leave the Oceaneer's club/lab without having to bother a CM and have them send a text to the Wave phone.

Is there any way to texts other passengers on the ship for free without the app? I'm using a Samsung galaxy S 4g. But couldn't download the navigator app because I guess the phone is too old to support the app. And no matter how I upgrade to the latest version, the DCL app just couldn't be download.

Maybe it's time to purchase a newer phone.

Is there any way to texts other passengers on the ship for free without the app? I'm using a Samsung galaxy S 4g. But couldn't download the navigator app because I guess the phone is too old to support the app. And no matter how I upgrade to the latest version, the DCL app just couldn't be download.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the app works on my phone. I have had the app for a while, but there were 2 recent updates to it. The app was not opening for me, but it seems to be fine right now.

DH has an S2 and DH has an S4 and they can both get the navigator app. And have used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter