DCL Confessions

Okay....the only other person who knows this story is DD who was on the ship with me and was sworn to secrecy....3 years ago I learned the hard way not to forget to leave pants out when you set your luggage out.....I realized it about 2 hours after they picked ours up...I was so lovely the next morning in my pajama capri bottoms (bright yellow and orange polka dots) and a blue shirt.....going through immigration, checking into the Polynesian, standing in line to shake the crews hands....they never batted an eye but it was the most embarrassing day of my life!!!! I laugh about that day at least once a week!

We have a secret regarding the waive phones. Both kids had their own waive phone with strict instructions to look after them - we paid an extra daily rate for an extra phone so we could contact both kids.

Hubby and I were relaxing at the adult pool and I happened to drop our waive phone in the pool!!! (After a couple of marguaritas) Shock horror, it all seemed to happen in slow motion. We tried to dry it out for a day or so and it did come back on but was not working properly. We were very sneaky and took it to customer services saying it was on but not working correctly for some unknown reason!! They gave us a temporary phone in the meantime. A couple of days later they gave us back the original phone with no charge. No one knows to this day it was my fault, but at least we got away with not paying the $250 replacement!!
:cool1:

This thread is great!!!

I confess that DH and I both fell asleep during our couples massage! We scheduled them on the first night of the cruise and we must have been exhausted from traveling!:sad2:

I confess to bringing a few bottles of red wine on board and taking glasses of juice from breakfast back to my stateroom to make sangria. I also confess to putting said sangria into a DCL insulated mug and consuming it in places other than my stateroom. :rolleyes1

I confess to skipping dinner in the dining room so that we could order room service or go to Topsiders/Cabanas instead.:eek:

I confess to missing pirate night because I fell asleep.pirate:

I confess to wearing nothing under my robe in the Rainforest room.

I confess to not wearing panties under my long formal gown to avoid visible panty line.

Ok...my flame-resistant suit is on and no one knows this except for DH... It's taken many pages of this thread for me to work up the courage to admit this, but here goes.

When the meet-and-greet lines are long (and being cut off) to get pictures with characters, I get so annoyed by the time taken up dealing with autograph books.

Ok...my flame-resistant suit is on and no one knows this except for DH... It's taken many pages of this thread for me to work up the courage to admit this, but here goes.

When the meet-and-greet lines are long (and being cut off) to get pictures with characters, I get so annoyed by the time taken up dealing with autograph books.

Okay, I won't let you take the heat alone.

I confess I don't 'get' the whole autograph thing at all.

I confess I am a goody two shoes.
I've never taken food off of the ship (even packaged foods.)
I follow the written dress codes.
I put my bags out when we're supposed to.
I tip at or above expected levels.
I keep my kids out of the quiet cove even if it means backtracking and going downstairs to avoid it.
I don't save seats in the theatre.
And yes, I still have a wonderful cruise!

It is so good to know i am not the only one :worship:

This confession still gives DH and I nightmares.:scared1: We cruised on the fourth sailing of The Magic in 1998. We had adjoining cabins for our teen aged children and DH and I in the other, both verandahs.

DS, was 15 years old at the time and decided to join us in our cabin by climbing the railing from one verandah to the other. We both froze and held our breath. It never occured to us that anyone would think that was OK. There are special angels who look after teenagers. :worship: We were so glad when DCL made a door between verandahs for connecting staterooms As frightning as that is, I wonder if this has happened to others.

This confession still gives DH and I nightmares.:scared1: We cruised on the fourth sailing of The Magic in 1998. We had adjoining cabins for our teen aged children and DH and I in the other, both verandahs.

DS, was 15 years old at the time and decided to join us in our cabin by climbing the railing from one verandah to the other. We both froze and held our breath. It never occured to us that anyone would think that was OK. There are special angels who look after teenagers. :worship: We were so glad when DCL made a door between verandahs for connecting staterooms As frightning as that is, I wonder if this has happened to others.

Wow!!!! I never even thought of that!!!! We had a verandah last time, when our daredevil son was 7. DH worried the whole time... Haven't told him yet that I upgraded us to one for November....

Once, we didn't tip the head server. He was horrendous. He was rude to our servers, whom we thought were awesome, and only came by our table once...ONCE...on a 7 day cruise. While I understand that servers (cruise ships, restaurants) work for low wages, that is their choice to employ themselves in that environment, in which tips make up the majority of their wages. Therefore, in order to earn that tip from me, I expect a certain level of service. You are not going to get tipped for bad service, plain and simple. Serve me well, and you will be rewarded above the mandatory/minimum tip level.

Our Head Server was the WORST! I never saw him except for the day I finally sought him out because I had a problem and the waiter said the head server was the one who could fix it.
He did fix it and found me on the last morning to ask me if what he did was satisfactory. It was but if it hadn't been what was he going to do as I was about to walk off the ship?

I have been trying to think of my own DCL confessions....

As far as on the ship all I could think of was I really do not enjoy the service or food in the MDR. I go on vacation to relax and have fine dining so I still go to the MDR but I am never impressed and very underwhelmed ( please dont hate me ) lol....but thanks to these boards , now I know I can do Palo more then once if they have availability so I will def try to take advantage of that :cool1:

My main confession is once I am off the ship..I want to throw a tantrum like my young ones because I dont want to leave! I dont want to go back to dishes, cooking, cleaning, and counting calories:sad: I get the cruise blues BAD!

That sounds like something my DS would do. I say boys don't get any brain cells until they are 25;)

Glad he made it.

Just came across this great thread! I have no real confessions except how I dislike the people that save seats (sometimes 1/2 a row - really??) in the theatre and how happy I am to have a boy when passing the crazy long lines for the princesses! :)

Ok I have held this in long enough and I know I am going to get it but here it goes. I was once asked why I never did a FE. My answer: Cause I think it is stupid. There you go. Go ahead let me have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Ok I have held this in long enough and I know I am going to get it but here it goes. I was once asked why I never did a FE. My answer: Cause I think it is stupid. There you go. Go ahead let me have it.

I did it on my first Disney cruise and never since.

I agree with you. A lot of money is spent on these things and it seems that everyone is trying to outdo the other. Besides, I would never want to spend all that time and effort delivering everything.......when I'm on vacation, I don't want to think about anything!!!! I guess for some, it gives the kids something to do but I don't understand the adults wanting to participate, I'll buy my own gifts on the ship.

So there I was just looking over the balcony into the ocean when I got pelted with some grapes! I turned to look up and "wham"! Right in the kisser with, of all things, an iron!
I was steamed.
I took off for the elevators and rode up one floor when I realized I didn't have a murder weapon. Spying an open door, I went into the cabin and took the red pillow off the bed.
Still dazed from taking an iron off the old coconut, I'm not sure I got the right room but I did what I came to do.
On the walk back, I was still carrying the pillow. Not wanting to get caught with the murder weapon, I threw it under a bed of an open cabin...

pirate:

I amstill laughing.:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter