DCL check in? How about Vibe?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I was looking at my travel things I have saved so far for our end of March Dream cruise (copies of emails, etc.) and I don't see any note on my reservation that we are DVC members. No biggie; is there a place in the terminal to make sure we are on the DVC list so we can go to the reception on embarkation day?
Also, do DH and I have to go to Vibe with my son on that first day or can he go alone? I don't know how much he will like it; it will depend on the ages of the other kids. I hope there aren't too many 13 year olds "bumped up" because he'll be an older 17.

I was looking at my travel things I have saved so far for our end of March Dream cruise (copies of emails, etc.) and I don't see any note on my reservation that we are DVC members. No biggie; is there a place in the terminal to make sure we are on the DVC list so we can go to the reception on embarkation day?
Being DVC will not be noted on your reservation. The DVC staff working the cruise will check the ship manifest against the DVC membership, so they should already know you will be on board. For most of our cruises, we received a call from DVC a week or two prior to sailing letting us know when/where the member celebration will take place. If you don't get a call from DVC prior and arrive at the port early enough, one of the DVC staff will be in the terminal passing out DVC lanyards and they can tell you when/where the member celebration will be.

You don't need to go, and probably can't get in, to vibe with your son. They might have an open house for parents, otherwise when they go the first time they'll get a new key card that works for their stateroom and for the vibe door. Yours won't work for vibe. That's how he'll enter the club the rest of the time. My dd-16 has gone to vibe twice & loved it. There were plenty of people her age and older. She's very much looking forward to returning to it this summer. Just be sure he attends the first night icebreaker and he'll find his age group. Last year when we were on the dream, my youngest was a couple of weeks away from her 13th bday & there was no "bumping up" to vibe; she stayed in edge. I think they really stick to the age groups nowadays.

I have heard the opposite about bumping up. At the Edge in November there a several 10 year old bump ups, so my 13 year old did not care for it. She is two weeks shy of turning 14 on our next cruise, I am hoping to bump her up to the Vibe, we will see next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter