DCL 2014 Do you go or just say NO!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tiggspring, Dec 6, 2012.

?

Did you book DCL 2014 with the big in price?

1. YES!

2. No Way!

3. weighing my options/waiting for a miracle

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KSDisneyDad

KSDisneyDad DIS Veteran

Been too busy to read the boards this past month. I really wanted to after the 2014 prices came out and nearly gave me a heart attack.

We booked the day before booking open to the public as Gold CC members and the June 2014 cost is over double for the exact same cruise (Eastern), same ship, and even the exact same staterooms than it was for our June 2012 cruise. As deposits were only 10%, we went ahead and placed the deposit, but we are seriously considering abandoning Disney and trying out the Oasis of the Seas.

I really can't believe Day 1 prices for summer 2014 were so high. We booked our summer 2013 cruise within one year of cruising (i.e. long after day one prices) and sucked it up and paid the fare even though we thought it was high. Yet, it is still significantly less than 2014. Is demand really that high??? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Caught the Walt suite on the Magic on the last Galveston sailing for really reasonable rates assuming they don't mess with the bookings and itineraries.
    We'll see

4. 4HppyCamprs

4HppyCamprs DIS Veteran

We are booked for a January 6, 2014 cruise out of PC. We shifted from Fantasy 7 night to Magic 4 night. It is our first cruise and it is considerably cheaper than the Dec 14th, 2013 cruise we were booked on. We had to shift though due to my having finals and graduation that week in December.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We booked what we considered to be a bargain cruise for 2014.

5 nights out of Miami on the Wonder

Day 1 Miami
    Day 2 Sea
    Day 3 Cozumel
    Day 4 Sea
    Day 5 Castaway Cay
    Day 6 Miami

27th April
    2 adults in Cat 11c

$938 total

We haven't been on the Wonder for years, never been to Miami, are not ruled by school holidays and can add a week in WDW to make it our main holiday (we get great holiday allowance in the UK).

The only thing that may stop us is the airfare as we now struggle to fly to the US for less than £600 (about $900).:confused3

6. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Right. Off season 2014 prices are fine. The exorbitant rates are summer, followed by some in Mar-Apr (Spring Break).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I was hoping to book a May or June cruise on either the Magic or the Wonder so I am still waiting.

Corinna

8. StephenKay

StephenKay DVC Member VWL 2001

Please can someone tell me why is the poll closed? Does the fact that the question is not showing DCL in a good light?

9. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

I'd love to see a chart of total bookings (as a percentage of total capacity) in the first week they are available for the last 5 years and see what the decline would look like this year.