DCL 2014 Do you go or just say NO!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tiggspring, Dec 6, 2012.

?

Did you book DCL 2014 with the big in price?

1. YES!

2. No Way!

3. weighing my options/waiting for a miracle

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chee Chick

Chee Chick DIS Veteran

Booked May 31 Eastern on the Fantasy. The price was close to what I was expecting.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

Wasn't planning on booking for 2014 until the last half of the year's information was released but we moved a previous OBB to a date that we're more likely to sail.

Pretty happy with the rate, considering the others I've seen. :thumbsup2

4. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

We got a quote for a June Fantasy cruise, but it was kinda ridiculous. So we are going to wait and move our reservation to Oct 2014 when it's available.

5. BBogers

BBogers Earning My Ears

I booked for January. The price is ok, but then factor in our flights from Canada and it will be pricey. But we only cruise every two years, so it's our very special holiday!

6. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Booked early Jan. The price was good and my kid will still be out of school so I'm happy.

7. tiggspring

tiggspring DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm d

It really is looking like the summer months on DREAM/FANTASY are the problem. By going to may 31 our cruise price drops $2000. Our problem now is getting down payment up when we returned from Dance the Magic at WDW this week and Christmas is in 3. Really wished they had come out in Sept or Jan :( We do not want to be cash strapped for the down payment of a cruise .

8. DisMom1981

DisMom1981 DIS Veteran

We've been waiting so long and LOVED the Fantasy this past summer. Our dummy is for July 5, 2014 cat 09b 'deluxe' ocean view..... 2 adults 2 kids for $6133.00....... The whole extended family is supposed to go..... Hoping the Magic will be more reasonable and out of NYC and that we can all agree to switch over. We are a family of teachers and have to go over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. SaphyBelle

SaphyBelle Mouseketeer

We're booked for April 12 Western Caribbean (my kids spring break).. Only because we were originally scheduled for March 2013 Easter Fantasy cruise but had to rescheduled to October 12, 2013 cruise due to dh job situation this past Sept. and weren't sure. Well then every turned out fine and I regret rescheduling that and we don't want to sail in Oct. hurricane time..

10. 3dog2kidmom

3dog2kidmom DIS Veteran

I booked the Magic for May of 2014 for only about $100 more (DH & I) than we paid in May of 2012. I didn't think that was too bad.

11. NY Disney fan

NY Disney fan DIS Veteran

I wasn't scared off by the prices because they were in line with what I expected so I'm very excited to be going.

12. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Yes. But I caught a steal on a cat R the last sailing in Galveston

13. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

I have a dummy cruise floating and was hoping for an itinerary with San Juan. But the prices are not anywhere near what I am willing to pay anymore -- especially considering what better deals we've gotten and seen on other cruise lines. I'm no longer willing to spend $4000 to $7000 on a verandah room for three just for the ability to be on Disney with the same old tired itineraries! :sad2:

I might spend the lower end of that on a 10-day cruise with a completely new itinerary, but I don't see that happening any time in the next few years!

14. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

We moved a dummy booking to a 7 night cruise 1/25 for my DDs 18th birthday. DD wants to bring her best friend with her and there are no suites on the Fantasy that hold 6. I'll probably move the booking to a date farther out and book a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Epic. She doesn't care what cruise line we choose as long as it's a cruise.

15. Summerl30

Summerl30 Mouseketeer

Mine is 100$ cheaper than the lowest I was expecting.:banana:

Now, if I am going on a cruise in January coming, can I apply 10% off the price I pay now, or would I get 10% off the price that it is at that time?

16. Cdnmom2001

Cdnmom2001 Mouseketeer

We booked, my room cat 5E is the same price I paid for an 8B in 2012. So we are happy, it's only a 4 day as I couldn't afford the fantasy. Hoping to see some new york cruises!

17. Summerl30

Summerl30 Mouseketeer

Me too!

18. poohssmum

poohssmum DIS Veteran

I looked at possibly booking a 7-day Eastern on the Fantasy as a graduation gift for my DS. :eek: That price was $2,000 MORE than what I am paying for our 7-night Western Thanksgiving Week of 2013!!

It looks like my family will probably start trying to take advantage of some GT rates .... or we'll be saying bye-bye to DCL forever :sad1:

19. NY Disney fan

NY Disney fan DIS Veteran

Me too but wouldn't they have announced them already?

20. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I did move our two dummy bookings to 2014 dates, however, we need to cruise at either spring break or during the summer so it is highly unlikely that we will actually go on those cruises at the current prices. I didn't have to pay anymore to move them so can sit for a while and see what happens.

21. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Cruises out of NYC and Seattle/Vancouver would occur during the summer months. We won't know that until they release those dates for the Magic/Wonder.