DCA rumor.

I did the early morning powerwalk with a DCA CM and he told me they were going to open up another E ticket ride in DCA in 2007. He said he heard it's going to great. Can't wait. :cool1:

Haven't heard anything about an "E" ticket. But I have heard about "midway madness" that is suppose to go in behind/under/near Sceamin' on the pier.

If Midway Mania (working title) is as good as it's rumored to be, ie: Disney's version of IOA's Spiderman, Midway Mania will be an E-ticket. :bounce:

Incorrect...It will be more of a combination of Buzz Lightyear and the Men and Black Ride at Universal Orlando.

funhouse8 said:
I did the early morning powerwalk with a DCA CM and he told me they were going to open up another E ticket ride in DCA in 2007. He said he heard it's going to great. Can't wait. :cool1:

2007, really?
I plan to be there in December!

GreenGirl8 said:
Incorrect...It will be more of a combination of Buzz Lightyear and the Men and Black Ride at Universal Orlando.

The Resort already has a Buzz Lightyear quality shooter... and Men in Black is a 1st gen Buzz-style shooter at USF...

The rumor is that WDI is shooting for the fences and Midway Mania is supposed to be as good as Spiderman at IOA.
:rolleyes1

While the area surrounding the new ride will go back in time, the ride itself will be using very modern technology. Think of a souped-up, larger version of Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin and you have the basic idea of what the ride system itself will be like. But it's the effects that will make this shooting arcade game annihilate the assumption that this is just a little C-Ticket dark ride. With the money they are looking into pouring into the queue and overall facility, this ride might even surpass the D-Ticket status of Roger Rabbit or Buzz Lightyear and become the family friendly E-Ticket that DCA has never had.

The current Midway Mania plan has large vehicles seating eight people back to back spinning through the show building. Riders will be wearing 3-D glasses like the popular Spiderman ride out at Universal's Islands of Adventure park. But while this 3-D technology shares similarities with that attraction, it's the interactivity that will set it apart. Using flashlights themed to X-rays, riders will be able to use their "X-ray powers" to see through the walls of ride structures and behind the scenes of this arcade game as the Pixar Characters steal the show. Riders will be encouraged to aim their X-rays all over the place, as seemingly each shooting gallery show scene will have an endless array of behind-the-scenes antics and witty surprises going on.

Is this going to be themed to "The Incredibles"? The plans sound great, hopefully it will come thru as planned :thumbsup2

Rumor is Midway Mania is supposed to be based on the Toy Story characters, minus Buzz Lightyear and the Little Green Men.

The rumor about The Incredibles concept involves Imagineering attemping to add higher capacity, a faster load/unload, on-a-track rolling and simultaneous moving operations and added show/storyline elements based on the Kuka Robocoaster, robotic arm theme park atraction design.

My guess would be using a Robocoaster in this format, programming it as a family / thrill attraction and adding to it's Disney-show quality elements potential... is going to need a few more years of R&D.

Another^Dimension said:
Rumor is Midway Mania is supposed to be based on the Toy Story characters, minus Buzz Lightyear and the Little Green Men.

The rumor about The Incredibles concept involves Imagineering attemping to add higher capacity, a faster load/unload, on-a-track rolling and simultaneous moving operations and added show/storyline elements based on the Kuka Robocoaster, robotic arm theme park atraction design.

My guess would be using a Robocoaster in this format, programming it as a family / thrill attraction and adding to it's Disney-show quality elements potential... is going to need a few more years of R&D.

Well, if given a choice, I vote for "The Incredibles". :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter