• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCA at Spring Break--no Frozen

cindyland

Mouseketeer
We have one day for both parks. It's early entry for DL, so we're starting at DCA (staying off property).

Thinking about heading straight to Toy Story, then single rider for Rad Springs. Grab a FP for TOT while family does California Screamin'. Somewhere in there grab breakfast at Paradise Pier. Would make the most sense after Toy Story.

Then grab a FP for RS (hope they're now for after 7:00 so we can ride it at night), and head over to DL. Maybe also a pass for WOC.

Any thoughts? Nobody in my family is into the Frozen craze, so we're hoping that's in our favor. We figure first thing in the morning is the only time we'll get onto Toy Story without a super long wait. So excited about our quickie visit!

The only thing that jumps out at me is getting the FP for ToT and then the FP for RSR. RSR is linked to the rest of the DCA FP system (as is ToT), so you cannot get your RSR FP until your ToT FP Return Window opens or two hours later, whichever comes first. So when you go to get your ToT FP, be sure to check the return time and make sure it works into your plan before getting it.

I like how you think! If it were me, I'd probably do RSR first and then TSMM to avoid backtracking (well, for everyone but the FP runner :) ) but your order sounds fine too. The line for RSR single rider could be a bit longer once you double back, but the crowds to get to the ride should be less. If you are thinking you MIGHT wish to ride TSMM twice in a row if it works out, then I think your plan is much better.

I walked by ToT a little after 9 AM this Tuesday and it was a spooky "13 minutes" (which might mean 5 minutes or walk-on, or I suppose 13 minutes). So I'm not certain if you'll need a FP for ToT. Like Figment said, I'd keep an eye on that FP's return time.

As to RSR return times, in theory this week was less busy than next week or the week after, but at 10:38 AM this Sunday I got an RSR return time of 6:30 - 7:30 PM. At about 10:30 AM Monday I got an RSR return time of 6:35 - 7:35 PM. So you might (or might not) need to wait until maybe 10 or 10:30 AM during your trip to get a RSR FP for nighttime.

If you were very ambitious, instead of getting a ToT FP, you could cross back to Disneyland and pull a FP for Space Mountain while your family rides Screamin' a couple times.

You can use Ask Otto at 714-520-7090 to keep up with wait times and FP return times, though he seemed to be a few minutes behind the times whenever I called him. If nothing else, that number can help you figure out when to pull the RSR FPs for later at night.

I'm not thinking of any place to get breakfast at Paradise Pier but maybe I'm misremembering? You can certainly get it at Pacific Wharf (bakery) or Cars Land. I'd personally get breakfast as late as possible in DCA because lines only build as the day wears on...if you can hold out until even 9:15 or 9:30, that will save you some time waiting in queues for rides.

With your limited time, I don't think I'd personally wait the time it takes to see WoC properly. I like to view it from the back side because my favorite part is the fountains and not the projections. But it never hurts to have a FP in case your family wants some time to rest/wait.

If you love TSMM and want to repeat it, you might be able to have an OK wait nearer to the end of the day, like close to park close. If you skip WoC, the line will probably be pretty short during World of Color, if the show starts during hours of park operation.

Cars Land is especially beautiful near DCA's park close when the neon is lit up and crowds are lower. In my limited experience, the last hour of park operation seems like a good time to do Mater's Junkyard Jamboree as a walk-on as well, if you had any interest in it. (That one is my favorite!)

Have a great trip!

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, we'll try TOT without FPs. I'm just not a fan of Screamin' so I thougt it might be a good thing to do during that time, I didn't think about not being able to get another pass during that period.

Just found out Splash will be opening the day we're there. Racing through DCA to get to our happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter