• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DC Dolphin swim. Are they really strict about the 6 and up restriction?

nhpm

Earning My Ears
We're going to Discovery Cove in May with our 2 boys :teeth: . One of them won't be 6 until August. Would they still let him do the swim?

I don't know...I would imagine they'd be pretty strict about it. DD was 9 at the time, a strong swimmer with snorkel and minimal scuba experience and even she was a little overwhelmed by the power of the dolphin during her swim.

Not 100% sure, but I think it is more of an insurance requirement. And if so, then yes, they'd be pretty strict about it. Good Luck!

Cheers!

You have no idea how powerful these dolphins are...I remember when our trainer said to me "now, hang on" and that dolphin took off like a bat out of he double hockey sticks!!!

You also spend a good amount of time treading water while the trainer is explaining things to you. I kept drifting away, and it turned out to be a big joke between my husband and the trainer, but it just made me more nervous!

This is a great experience, but I wouldn't expose my child unless they definitely met the requirements. Those dolphins may be adorable, but they are STRONG. My kids were 8 and 12.

The insurance issue makes sense. Also, he's not very strong so it might be a good thing if they're strict about it.

Thank you all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter