DB-Bazzill/Patteren Paper Epcot Swap participants please post -----

Are you ok with a origami kimono in place of paper piecing item?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
I'm posting this on behalf of my Mom, who is AlreadyexcitedGrammy and has Japan for the swap. We worked (hard i might add :teeth: ) yesterday and got most of our pieces done. anyhow, she had been tossing around ideas for her paper piecing and in an internet search came across oragimi instructions for folding a kimono. we thought it was pretty neat -- but in all fairness it's not a paper piecing item. so, the question is -- how would you feel about this in place of a piecing for Japan??

she said to be sure that everyone knows if there is one participant who does NOT like this idea, she will respect that and the original rules of the swap and do a paper piecing of some variety instead.

thanks for your reply :wave:

ohMom said:
anyhow, she had been tossing around ideas for her paper piecing and in an internet search came across oragimi instructions for folding a kimono. so, the question is -- how would you feel about this in place of a piecing for Japan??
:

so loving this idea

ohMom said:
oragimi instructions for folding a kimono. we thought it was pretty neat -- but in all fairness it's not a paper piecing item. so, the question is -- how would you feel about this in place of a piecing for Japan??

Really cool idea!! I love it, too! :thumbsup2

I got my idea for my paper piecing this week, too, and am feeling really good about it. That was the one element I was concerned about. Now, I'm most excited about that one! It's all ready to cut and assemble....WHEN, I narrow my choices of Bazzill colors! I have all the paper but need to narrow the selctions. I'm not doing Germany flag colors..........more earth tone colors that are in the buildings at Epcot.

YodasMom said:
Really cool idea!! I love it, too! :thumbsup2

I got my idea for my paper piecing this week, too, and am feeling really good about it. That was the one element I was concerned about. Now, I'm most excited about that one! It's all ready to cut and assemble....WHEN, I narrow my choices of Bazzill colors! I have all the paper but need to narrow the selctions. I'm not doing Germany flag colors..........more earth tone colors that are in the buildings at Epcot.

Sounds great
I can't wait to see all these kits. Sounds like everyone is putting ALOT of thought and pride into them.
I know when i was doing my kit the ideas just hit me. i did 1 full kit, saw if I liked it all together (this way I didn't waste time and money on 11 kits I didn't like LOL). it turned out the kit came out just as I expected and look great (IMO) lol

Hows your poll going. looks like 6 voted yes, I'm gonna assume you and mom didn't vote lol it's probably 8 for yes. I think you should just do all 11.

ohMom said:
i voted but Mom has not, so we have 4 no-votes

can you tell who has voted and who has not. I know I don't usually get to the boards to read but I do open disboards to see if I have a message then close it up again LOL maybe you can email those who haven't voted in case they are not me not time to read LOL

If not I would just do the 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter