Daytona Beach to WDW

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by unregistered1, Apr 27, 2004.

1. unregistered1

unregistered1 Earning My Ears

We will be driving from Daytona Beach to WDW, is it faster or less stressful to take the Central Florida Greeneway (toll road) or is I-4 from North of Orlando to WDW ok. We will be driving in the middle of the day, mid week. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

The Greeneway is the better way to go. Not as much traffic.

4. laurabelle

laurabelle DIS Veteran

We just started driving down to WDW and I didn't know about the greeneway. I'll be driving from Daytona Beach to Disney in 11 days, how do I get to the greeneway?

5. MickeyMonstersMom

MickeyMonstersMom DIS Veteran

6. MickeyMonstersMom

I just drove from WDW to Ormond Beach (north of Daytona) and back a few weeks ago, trying both routes. I MUCH prefer 417 (the Greeneway). It may have added time to the drive - and yes, there are tolls - but my stress level was SO much lower on 417. The traffic was exponentially heavier and the drivers were nuts on I-4. I saw fewer than 30 other cars on 417, which also gives the crazy ones more space so I didn't have to deal with them. :)

If I recall correctly, you'll need to take I-4 for a while after getting off I-95. Just watch for the signs for 417 - the exit is marked well enough that I did not stress over it, so it must have been pretty easy!

7. laurabelle

laurabelle DIS Veteran

I do remember seeing signs for 417. So where does it put you coming into WDW? I'm going to the Dolphin.

8. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

There is an exit that takes you near DTD, the next one further up takes you towards Magic Kingdom. Either one is easy to get to the Dolphin.

9. MickeyMonstersMom

Exits 6 and 3 go to WDW. I don't know about Exit 6, but Exit 3 put me close to the Animal Kingdom area.

10. laurabelle

laurabelle DIS Veteran

How long does the greeneway normally take? It took us 1 1/2 hrs to go that distance on I-4 Easter week.

11. JC Butterfly

JC Butterfly DIS Veteran

are these the only two options for getting from Daytona to WDW?