Day Two of the Honeymoon: We don't need no stinkin' Fastpass!

MScott1851

<font color=font color=royalblue>Got a link for th
Up bright and early, since all the guidebooks and the Disboards and other assorted sites say to arrive at least an hour to a half hour early at the parks. However, DH (hereafter referred to as Clint) is not quite the early bird I am. We went downstairs to Mara and bought bagels and doughnuts (a yankee woman about took Clint's head off for accidentally cutting in front of her in the Krispy Kreme line)and the refillable mugs. These things were great! They paid for themselves the first day! Finally, at about 10:15, we were on the bus to AK. I was whining the whole time about how we were going to be in lines a mile long, and how the fastpasses were going to be gone, and we didn't have any PS for dinner that night, and generally bemoaning the fact that I had married someone who didn't appreciate the commando touring plan I had laid out.

We get to AK, immediately head for Kilimanjaro Safaris, and to my surprise, walk right on. We saw tons of animals, and used almost a whole roll of film on this ride alone. Clutching my Unoffical Guide to Disney World in one hand, and dragging Clint with the other, we dash over to Dinosaur, just knowing that now the line was outrageous. I kid you not, we and another couple were the only ones there. By this time, Clint is laughing at me, I'm seeing all my plans go down the drain, because, darn it, there isn't anyone here! We trudge over to Asia for the Kali River Raft Ride, and let me preface this by saying that Clint HATES water rides. He will not ride them when we go to Six Flags, or anywhere with logs, rafts. etc. But wait! His thoughtful little wife has bought him a poncho! However, he refuses to wear one, and gets in the raft and immediately starts whining about how his rear is already wet, and blah blah blah. Of course, we end up riding with a bunch of kids, and guess which side of the raft gets soaked? That is right, the heavy side! He pouts the rest of the ride (and day) about getting wet until I want to stuff a poncho down his throat. FYI...do not wear light colored khaki shorts with dark underwear if you plan on getting wet. The whole world got to see my Hanes Her Way cotton panties, or at least until my shorts dried. It could have been worse. One of the girls in the raft with us had on a thong, and let me tell you, it was NOT PRETTY. In fact, I have never in my life seen more inappropriately dressed people than I did at Disney and Universal this week. 40 year old women running around in bikini tops and short shorts, teenage girls with their hoochie mama clothes and shoes on (so practical for walking five miles per day) and generally, people who had NO business showing their very ample bodies off dressed in minimal clothing, bellies hanging down to their knees, and they were strutting around like peacocks. It was BAD.

Anyway, I digress. To make a long story short, there were so few people at the park, we were completely done at 2:30pm. So we headed over to MGM, again, no lines at all! We rode TOT and Aerosmith's Rock N Roller Coaster three times in a row! We saw everything there, rode everything, and were done at 7:45pm. We would have stayed for Fantasmic, but there was a terrible storm rolling in. Sheets of rain, thunder, lightning, hellfire and brimstone. We just made it back to the AK before it hit. After waiting for an hour on the storm to pass so we could go get our car out of self-parking and go eat offsite, we decided that valet parking was the way to go from then on. So after hitting WalMart for snacks, we headed back to AKL and fell into bed, praying for sunny weather tomorrow!

Congratulations! I loved the Kali River Rapids but my son whined for awhile about getting wet! (Of course he did talk my husband into taking him back on, so he must not have melted!)

Kim

Wet undies is the only reason I don't like Kali. Did it once and had a wet bottom all day. Maybe they need a blow drying session at the end! ;)

To keep from having wet undies all day from the Kali river rapids, just don't wear any! Or take them off in the bathroom before you get in line. Of course you must be wearing thin light colored (preferably white) shorts and in great physical shape.
Oooops, did I just type this outloud?
From the mind of a married man,
Bill

:teeth: What a day! I hate getting wet on rides, but I grin and bear it - and I wear the appropriate underpants! ;)

We stayed at AKL labor day weekend and we too were upgraded- to DELUXE pool view - we were on the fifth floor next to the bridge- right above the lobby. I loved this location. Right by the elevators.

I love Kali!!! It's so great to get wet and then walk around and not be too hot! I know waht you mean about the bellies. My goodness, I had a c-section and even though my tummy is almost flat again, I would not consider walking around like that. I see girls worse than me (I'm 36) and think- wait till they have a baby! I did wear my bikini at the AKL pool, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter