DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

Okay, so, if you live in New Jersey you are FULLY aware of this wretched snow storm that is haunting us all day. I was originally supposed to go try on some dresses at 7pm in this one shop but I was worried they'd be closed. I had called around noon and he said he wasn't sure when or if they'd actually be 'open'. Luckily, a few minutes later he calls me back to let me know they're opening just for me! :banana: I told him no worries! I'll be there by 3:30!

We get to the store, mother & maid of honor in tow, I am immediately overwhelmed with all of the pretty dresses! hah. They had their dresses actually hung up on body hangers so you can somewhat see what they'd look like on. I picked out about 6 or 7 dresses to try on & then headed into the fitting room. The first one I tried on was nice (don't remember what it even looked like?). Then I tried on a Maggie Sottero dress that I had been eyeing up online..
For all you brides who are worried you won't find the one.. I promise you when they say you'll know.. they're 120% right! I walked out of the room & looked at myself in the full length mirror with my mom & MOH behind me & couldn't stop smiling! The dress was stunning! I LOVED it! I couldn't take my eyes off of myself! (Conceited much?) It was seriously a combination of all of my dresses I 'liked' in one! I said I loved it & my mom almost fell off of her seat! She was like woah, you've never said that yeah! The woman then put a veil that matched PERFECTLY & a pretty sparkley tiara. I was in LOVE. =] I didn't wanna take it off! Standing in the mirror I began to do my finger thinking (don't ask.. it's a thing I do when my brains a thinking away & I do this finger movement maneuver ha).. My mom can automatically see it in my face. She's like uh oh, the fingers are a going. This is the one! I couldn't help but laugh, she knows her daughter waaaaay too well! After a few more minutes admiring myself in the mirror, I decided to try on more dresses. I ended up only trying on 2 more.. a Maggie ballgown & an Alfred Angelo lace fit n flare, both beautiful gowns. But not mine.. Okay, back to my babe! ha. I got back into the dress & again, couldn't help but stare at myself! The woman told me she'd give me a snow sale, $600 off of the gown & $250 off of the veil (making it $400! Plus I had to take THAT one, they couldn't get anymore =[). How could I say no?! Well, I said no to the veil! Sorry but $400 for a veil is a little much, I loved how it matched but I'll search the internet or make my own somehow! ha.

My MOH tried on a few bridesmaids dresses, we have about 3 contenders so far! =] Pretty, pretty, but we're gunna try on more next week at Alfred Angelo! We have an appointment there for me to try on, but I'm probably going to try on rehearsal dressses instead! ;D

After she was done, I HAD to put my dress back on. Then it was crystal clear. Screaming my name in blinging crystals, HELLO THIS IS YOUR DRESS JENIFER! :love::love::cloud9::cloud9::love::love:
I took it off and we then began the ordering process! I didn't wanna include pics of me in it just yet, not until I get MINE! ha. ;D But here are pics from the website.. I'm officially a Maggie bride!!!!!

-PICS of the dress have been DELETED. My DF discovered the boards and I'm not taking ANY chances-

Yahoo! Everytime I look at her I fall more in love... hah. Any bride twins out there? Do you know about the veil I'm talking about? And if so, feel freee to let me know who makes it?? The one I tried on, didn't have a tag! :sad2:

Still in shock I ordered my dress. My MOH was my good luck charm! :woohoo:

oh my gosh I LOVE the dress!! It's amazing!!!! And what a good deal!!!!
Congrats on finding it! I told you, when you know you will know :)

That dress is beautiful! Yay for MOHs being good luck charms!

I have to agree on the veil . . . $400 is waaaaay too much for some fancy netting . . . and, I though I was scared of $250 . . . at $400, I'd have passed out . . . :rotfl2:

Thanks girls! Yeah veils are crazy prices for lil pieces of fabrics! lol. I wouldn't mind $200! ;D So we'll see. BTW I'm also adding a slip underneath to poof out the bottom just a little bit more! Wooo!

Congratulations on finding the dress, it's gorgeous! Glad you could get there despite the snow - I'm right next door in eastern PA so I know how annoying it's been lately. And $400 for a veil is wayyy too much - that's more than I paid for my dress! It might sound lame but I got my veil at AC Moore for about $20. I didn't really care that much and it's just for the ceremony, I definitely plan to take it off for the reception, so it wasn't really a big deal for me!

Congratulations on finding the dress, it's gorgeous! Glad you could get there despite the snow - I'm right next door in eastern PA so I know how annoying it's been lately. And $400 for a veil is wayyy too much - that's more than I paid for my dress! It might sound lame but I got my veil at AC Moore for about $20. I didn't really care that much and it's just for the ceremony, I definitely plan to take it off for the reception, so it wasn't really a big deal for me!

Where in PA? I went to school in West Chester. ;D Not lame at all.. I'm probably going to make my own? So we'll see! Unless I super stalk these websites and try to find it! :thumbsup2:

:goodvibes:cool1::thumbsup2:);):lovestruc:banana:
:cutie::hippie::wizard::cloud9::hug::woohoo::yay:
:dance3::cheer2::flower3::grouphug:

LOL... that is pretty much all the happy emotes I could find!! :)

SO HAPPY for you!!

You're too cute! =] I swear you made me sooo happy last night when I was telling you about my dress, like you were right here with me! ;D Haha, I wish I could come out dress shopping with you this weekend! But like I said, try those dresses I showed you on. I'm tell you, one of them is YOURS!

You're too cute! =] I swear you made me sooo happy last night when I was telling you about my dress, like you were right here with me! ;D Haha, I wish I could come out dress shopping with you this weekend! But like I said, try those dresses I showed you on. I'm tell you, one of them is YOURS!

Awwww!!!! :hug:

Well I will def keep you posted! I have one appointment, working on a 2nd that has some Maggie's and working on one for next week in Charleston! :) I am going to find my dress darn it!! :)

You will serve as my lucky charm! :goodvibes

Where in PA? I went to school in West Chester. ;D Not lame at all.. I'm probably going to make my own? So we'll see! Unless I super stalk these websites and try to find it! :thumbsup2:

Right now I am in Montgomery County, about a half hour north of Philly. But I went to school up in Bethlehem. West Chester is not that far!

Awwww!!!! :hug:

Well I will def keep you posted! I have one appointment, working on a 2nd that has some Maggie's and working on one for next week in Charleston! :) I am going to find my dress darn it!! :)

You will serve as my lucky charm! :goodvibes

Woohoo! I expect updates girlie! ;D Could always send me some pictures thru texts if needed! =] :goodvibes

Right now I am in Montgomery County, about a half hour north of Philly. But I went to school up in Bethlehem. West Chester is not that far!

Oh wow, not too far at all. =] Yeah I went to WC for 2 1/2 years, graduated a little over a year ago! Woo! haha.

haha!! thats cute! I'm totally stealing that disclaimer. Even though it's a little late...haha!

I love your disclaimer on your first page, lol. Gotta love nosy DF's :rotfl:

haha!! thats cute! I'm totally stealing that disclaimer. Even though it's a little late...haha!

Haha, thanks girls! Feel free to steal it! ;D I know he's a sneaky lil devil so I need to be sure he doesn't ruin it! It's killing him already even knowing I bought the dress. haha. =]

However, I do have a bit of a dilemma, he told his mother I bought the dress. She told him she was upset because I didn't invite her to go with us. Now originally when I started looking for dresses she kinda invited herself along if we went anywhere by where they live & I was just like sure I'll let you know. BUT I didn't really want anyone to see me in the dress because I want it to be a total surprise. I mean I did end up buying it right by where they live & all that, but it was snowing & we were originally supposed to go at 7pm! We ended up going at 3pm when I called the store to find out they were only open for a little bit. SO now I get to go to her house tonight & see what she says. Idk, my mom was kinda perturbed about the whole thing when I told her. She's like she's not your mom, lol. My mom didn't even want my MOH to come with me (I know my mom's a nut ha). But I literally only plan on letting my MOH & my mother actually see me IN the wedding dress, until the day of the wedding.
Should be interesting when I get to their house tonight....

However, I do have a bit of a dilemma, he told his mother I bought the dress. She told him she was upset because I didn't invite her to go with us. Now originally when I started looking for dresses she kinda invited herself along if we went anywhere by where they live & I was just like sure I'll let you know. BUT I didn't really want anyone to see me in the dress because I want it to be a total surprise. I mean I did end up buying it right by where they live & all that, but it was snowing & we were originally supposed to go at 7pm! We ended up going at 3pm when I called the store to find out they were only open for a little bit. SO now I get to go to her house tonight & see what she says. Idk, my mom was kinda perturbed about the whole thing when I told her. She's like she's not your mom, lol. My mom didn't even want my MOH to come with me (I know my mom's a nut ha). But I literally only plan on letting my MOH & my mother actually see me IN the wedding dress, until the day of the wedding.

I'm kind of worried about facing the same situation. We haven't even told DFs mom where we're getting married, let a lone that I already picked out my dress. She has two sons and a step-son, so she likes to act like I'm her daughter (drama and all sometimes).

I do agree with you mom, though. You're not *her* daughter. She might be upset for a little bit (maybe even years), but it's her obstacle to deal with. You had to go when the store was open, and finding a dress is too exciting to remember all the little things--like calling random people who aren't on the top of your mind.

I like your idea of keeping the dress a secret. I 'attempted' to do that, but the excitement was just too much. :goodvibes Although, several of my friends have seen pictures of me in the dress, only my MOH, parents, and grandma have seen it on me in person. The rest will get to see when we do pictures.

Haha, thanks girls! Feel free to steal it! ;D I know he's a sneaky lil devil so I need to be sure he doesn't ruin it! It's killing him already even knowing I bought the dress. haha. =]

I wouldn't worry about it too much! At least your FMIL wants to see the dress and participate! I am having the opposite reaction! :confused3

BUT, she has to remember, you weren't even planning on buying a dress, let alone trying on dresses! And you just happened to find the right one, so you followed your heart and got it! She should be happy about it!!

I like the idea of only letting a select few see the dress as well- I think it adds more to the wow-factor of the dress. I couldn't see the harm in maybe showing her a picture of the dress from like the website? But not on you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter