Dates for OKW Pool Closure

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Flower13, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Flower13

Flower13 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the exact dates for the OKW pool closure ( for the slide construction)? MS just said sometime in the fall. I was hoping for more exact dates.

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. PamOKW

PamOKW <font color=green>The two most important items for

Closing in September with plans to open in late December/early January are as specific as I've seen.

4. Flower13

Flower13 Mouseketeer

Thanks - We were planning on being at OKW from 9/6-9/10. We will have a 9 month old baby in our party and plan to spend a lot of lounging time ( not much park time). Do you think the main pool will be available early in the month or should we try to move to another resort? We love OKW but really want to spend time at the pool. Thanks for your help!

5. PamOKW

Have you used the Turtle Pond pool? I've found that to be as nice (or nicer) than the main pool.

My guess is they will start construction as soon after Labor Day as possible.

6. Pa@okw95

Pa@okw95 Guest

There are 3 other pools at OKW.

7. chaoskids

chaoskids Mouseketeer

I called MS today. While I was on the line I asked about the pool closing. The CM said that she thought it was going to be in the middle of October. She offered to check for sure. She came back on the line about five minutes later. She said the renovation is scheduled to begin September 6 (right in the middle of our trip) and last approximately six to eight weeks.

8. PamOKW

Chaos, thanks for checking and for sharing the update!

9. chaoskids

chaoskids Mouseketeer

You're welcome!!

The information given on the DIS is great. Happy to be able to offer some!

10. LisaSt

LisaSt DIS Veteran

I will let my in laws know they are there in Nov so they may want to relocate to another area of the resort.