DAS question

Ariel8676

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any luck getting their DAS at the Guest services outside MK? We are staying at BLT and it would be great if i could walk over there with my daughter the night before we head to MK :)

I think it is hit or miss I have heard if they are not busy then they will give you one but if they do not do it out side then it dose not take that long in side

Yes.
It is hit or miss. The only places officially listed by Disney as places to obtain DAS are the Guest Relations inside the parks. This is how they list it:
Guest Relations Main Entrance locations:
• City Hall at Magic Kingdom® park

• The Guest Relations lobby (near the Main Entrance) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® theme park

• The Guest Relations lobby (near the turnstiles) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®

• The Guest Relations lobby (near Spaceship Earth) at Epcot

Some people have been able to obtain DAS at the outside of the park location, but others not. Sometimes it's because they are too busy with people who need to resolve something before they get into the park.
Sometimes they don't have the iPad, printer or other materials.

Thank you.. normally we always got our GAC when we got into MK our first day. Since we are arriving late in the day our first day, maybe i'll give it a shot :)

Do most people go straight to GR to get the card? I was thinking of not wasting precious Rope Drop time, as my son can do shorter waits (20-30 minutes) and then going back to GR to get the card when lines start to get longer but before our FP+ return times start. Thoughts?

I go as soon as I go in i find that at lest at the MK they let you in then hold you up at the hub and I can be in and out before ( or very close to) when they let everyone in the rest of the park yes the 7DMT and other really big rides will have long wait but for the most they do not. I think it really is up to you as when you get it you do have to walk to the front of the park to get the DAS card and that can take some time

I have another question about the DAS. I M french canadian. I can speak english, but I think I will have difficulty to explain well in english the need that my two children have . DO they have people that talk french at guests services?

yes I think every one in guess service speck at lest two language and I would think french and spanish would be the two most likely

yes I think every one in guess service speck at lest two language and I would think french and spanish would be the two most likely
that 's a lot of pressure down I was already picturing my 2 kids getting a big meltdown just because mommy dosen't know how to say it in english

I would be a little prepared to at lest say a few things in english even if you have to write it down in your own words that way if someone dose not speak french you have at lest your basic down just say your english is not good your 2 kids needs a das card this is what one childs needs are this is what the other childs needs are

The Cast Members' names tags say what languages they speak. So you can tell without even talking to them, which speak French.

that is right sue and when you first go in some times there is someone who greets people you can ask that person if someone sleeks french you may have to wait litter longer

We arrived late Thursday and did our first park day yesterday, we went to the Magic Kingdom and decided to wait on getting the DAS. We did rope drop and wanted DS to be able to ride Pooh without a big wait, and knew we would be able to do a few more rides without big lines that way. We had FPs for Peter Pan at 10, then both princess meet and greets, and decided to just do what we could do (things with little wait) and then stop at GR for the DAS on our way out of the park; we had already planned on getting out of the park for a break by 1 or 2. We managed to ride Pooh, Speedway, PeopleMover, Buzz Lightyear, the carousel, IASW, and do both princess M&Gs, with no more than 10 minute wait for anything. That was just our experience, but worked well for us. It is a long walk all the way back to GR from the back of the park if you do decide to wait, but if you plan on a mid day break, it may be a good idea, IF you do rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter