DAS and character greeting

jenniferhornsby

Mouseketeer
Can we use our DAS to schedule reduced wait for characters? I know when they had the original card we could not, but I didn't know if it had changed since they changed to the DAS system.

TIA!

Can we use our DAS to schedule reduced wait for characters? I know when they had the original card we could not, but I didn't know if it had changed since they changed to the DAS system.

TIA!

For meet & greets that have FP+ available, you can use the DAS. It doesn't reduce the wait time, but it reduces the time spent in the line. For example, if the wait time is 60 minutes at 9:00 AM, the DAS return time would 9:50 AM (standby wait time minus 10 minutes). Anytime after 9:50 AM, you could return and enter the FP+ line.

One potential problem with using the DAS for meet & greets is that if the standby wait time is very long, you can't use your DAS for another attraction until you do the meet & greet. You might be better served by trying to get FP+ for the meet and greet, and use the DAS for rides while you are waiting for your FP+ return time.

Another option is to schedule a FP+ for early in the morning, stop on the way to get a DAS return time (which should be somewhat less in the morning), then use your FP+ ride while waiting for your DAS return time for the meet & greet.

Perfect!! We didn't buy our tickets until it was too late to get Elsa and Anna FP's. Our DD keeps requesting to see them, but I know she can't handle waiting in the long line. We will head there first to get set up with DAS for meet and greet and then use our FP+ until we are able to head back to Elsa and Anna. Thanks so much!

You're welcome!

I would also keep checking back for Anna & Elsa FP+; some people schedule more than one and then cancel later.

Have a great trip!

Agree with prior poster - check back for Fastpasses for any of the things you are interested in. People frequently change either their time or day; when they do, their times become available.

I'm glad to read this....I was just going to ask the same thing! A&E is the only thing my son really WANTS to do at MK, so I plan on trying to get a FP+ for them. But I was hoping that if we couldn't, we could at least use the DAS instead :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter