dark transfer paper

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by BlakeNJ, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BlakeNJ

BlakeNJ DIS Veteran

I am making a t-shirt for the first time. I have been reading the boards and see that the dark transfer paper is the best. I just printed my design and I thought the paper would be clear once ironed on the t-shirt. Did I buy the wrong thing? Thanks--newbie t-shirt designer!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sunny_

sunny_ DIS Veteran

I thought the paper would be clear with the dark transfers last year as well, but I too was mistaken. I have yet to buy the transfers for light colors but I want to try them this year. I read that they are not as clear (as in pictures aren't as detailed) but I hope the surrounding material is clear (as in you can see through it)...

4. jeminni

jeminni It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I would love to try and make a shirt this way. Is there a link anywhere with step by step instructions for a complete newbue like me? :) Can you get dark transfer paper at a store like a Walmart or do you have to go to a crafts store or what???

5. PigletFairy

PigletFairy Mouseketeer

The way i do it so you wont see the unprinted paper is just to cut it out. I have made several using the light paper but have never tried the dark one.
    Jeminni- You can get the transfer paper at any craft store. I think wal-mart carries it but i dont remember. The instructions are on the pack but if you get confuzed just pm me.

6. wdwjoeman

wdwjoeman Earning My Ears

Are there any links online about how to do it correctly?

7. yesthisismyday

yesthisismyday Earning My Ears

i love all the kids, i lvoe kids i love kids :cool1: