Dan and Jackie at Flying Fish Boardwalk

danandjackie

Mouseketeer
Once again this was a 90day PS.. We arrived on a really cold evening, I think because the sun had come out for the first time today and the clouds had cleared it actually made this evening the coldest ever.

Arrived at 8.35 and was given a pager so we went and huddled in one of the Boardwalk Shops for warmth, There isnt much room in the actual flying fish lobby to wait seated.

We waited probably about 10-15mins and were then seated. The Flying Fish is quite a strange building, Its quite a long corridor style with an open kitchen on the left as you go in where you can pay to sit at the chefs table, the ceiling is very high and this coupled with the fact it is one open area makes it rather noisy and echoey.

5620056_561-med.jpg

The menu is nice and tight with some fresh market specials.

Jackie ordered the Oak flamed fillet of Salmon and I ordered a Beautiful piece of very rare Blue Tuna served on a bed of fine Vermicelli Noodles, nicely spiced. Both dishes were beautifully presented and were washed down with a bottle of nicely chilled Kenwood Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc 2003. Though on reflection this did little to raise our body temperatures.LOL

One Criticism though. The place was freezing. It couldn't have been much above 4c outside but rather than have any heat in the Restaurant the place still had the AC on as if it was a hot summers day outside. It was probably not helped by the size of the space as I have mentioned.

The food however was all V.Good and I followed the main course by ordering a selection of Artisan Cheeses which included nice soft Brie, Camembert, Stilton, English V.Mature Cheddar, and a glass of deep Cabernet Sauvignon, for warmth you understand.

Unfortunately despite fixing the battery problem I forgot to take all the pictures, must have been the cold numbing my senses.

8.0 out of ten though I deducted .5 simply because of the cold. The bill came to $130.00 inc tip.

You'll probably think I missed the point of eating at a restaurant called Flying Fish when I tell you that I've only eaten beef there. But on my first trip to FF I discovered the BEST filet at Disney--and I come from a beef producing state where we're particular about what people call "good" beef. Having said that, your meal sounded scrumtious, so I must remember to order fish next time.

Nice to read your additional comments susan, cant wait to be back for the halloween season to scare jackie.. I agree with your comment about California Grill by the way..Superb food but book a late ps for a quiet time...

scrumptious
scrumptious
scrumptious . . .

Teachers even grade their own spelling errors--and this misspelled word was glaring when I came back to the thread to read your note, Dan. With an Oklahoma accent the "p" is practically silent, but I do know better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!