Dad's 65th Birthday at Grannies Heilan Hame

Hayley222

Earning My Ears
Dad's 65th Birthday at Grannies Heilan Hame
I was on nightshift on the Thursday night so had a nice sleep in the morning and then got up and ready to leave mum and dad went to collect the boys from school and then we left. We had a good journey to Inverness but we had to have a toilet stop at Tesco, whilst there we also had a nice burger.
We then set off to grannies Heilan Hame and we arrived about 6 o'clock.
We had a good journey the boys were very good in the car. When we arrived we met up with Julie and Irene and then went into our caravan which was lovely.
When we got into the caravan we did a little bit of unpacking and then we went over to the Boston bar restaurant for our meal.
Ross and owen had fish and chips in a bucket
Dad and Irene had sausages and mashed potatoes and Mum and I had had spit roast chicken and Julie had lasagna. It was very nice.
We then went to the bar and it was the kids game time and owen won a game and he got a certificate for it it. Next it was the kids disco and they enjoyed that.
Then a group came on, a married couple and they were called the time of your lives and they were really good.
The sang lots of different music from the 60s onwards and had lots of different costumes.
We had some nice drinks and then we went back to the caravan we were really late going to bed it was after 2am as we did more unpacking, it was a very good first day

Photos here

ourlovelyboysrossandowen.blogspot.com/2015/03/dads-65th-birthday-at-grannies-heilan.html

Last edited:
Woke up at 8:45 nice long lie and dad made bacon and eggs which was lovely
Mum had given dad a DVD player with 2 DVDs and Joanne and I had given Dad a handmade wooden bench and table set for the garden.
I also gave him a nice bottle of malt whiskey on the day of his birthday.
John couldn't come this weekend as he was working.

I then got the boys ready washed and dressed and then I had my shower. Later on Joanne and the kids came round.
We then went over to the bar and to the kids activity which was the aviation morning we did this in may when I had my birthday there ,this time Ross won it and he got 2000 points and won an activity pack which was very pleased about.
Next up was making paper planes which the boys enjoyed and even I managed to do it!
Afterwords we went into Dornoch and had a look round it was lovely and sunny.
We went to the Dornoch cafe and patisserie for lunch. I had a home-made macaroni pie with side salad, dad had a sausage roll and baked beans, The boys some of ours and a gingerbread man and mum had a prawn baguette.
We then went to a gift shop and mum bought the boys large water guns which they love playing with.
We then went back to the caravan had a coffee, Joanne came round to visit and then we all had a nice rest.
Joanne sent a funny text later on in the afternoon saying their caravan was b***** boiling and was like an oven! so Chris had to turn off the heating. They went out for a drive to look for a chemist and were given the wrong directions and they were sent on a wild goose chase! To top it off Katie had a temper tantrum in the car and eventually ended up with a nosebleed as was crying so much! Poor Chris had a headache with all the screaming.
At night we went to the Trentham hotel just outside Dornoch for Dad's birthday meal.
I had garlic mushrooms which are lovely to start with and Joanne had a big stack of onion rings which were yummy.

rene and dad had Pea and ham soup, Julie had a breaded brie, Chris had garlic bread and mum had soup. Next Joanne myself and Julie all had sizzling steak with scallops which were lovely.

Mum had a sirloin steak and dad had a steak pie as did Chris and Irene. Ross, Owen and Cameron all had macaroni cheese and Katie had a pizza.
This is dads great birthday Cake look at all the animals

Later on went back to the caravan site and went to be bar for the entertainment, the kids enjoyed all the kids games and then later on a man came on and did some singing and did some magic tricks too and he was very good.
After a while the boys went back to Joanne and Chris's caravan with Chris to watch Frozen then we had a few more drinks at the bar and then we went back again and picked up the boys it was a great night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts