Daddy, Mommy, 2 Princesses, and a Miracle Baby: PTR Jan 2011

Thanks everyone for reading!!! We can't wait. My birthday girl is very much a tomboy and has already said she wants to have lunch with the princesses but is NOT wearing a dress!! Her older sister can't decide which princess dress to wear! I was so glad that I was able to get ADR's for those 2 days and add my friend to our Akershus lunch!! Now, as long as everyone follows the plan...no one will get hurt!! LOL!

Hello Disers!!! :thumbsup2

Since we are doing QSDP. I wanted to get a plan together to avoid too many burgers...last trip I was not so DIS-Savvy!!

Here are my ideas:

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Rays
(do you believe that in 2009, I didn't even know that CR had so many options!!) I also want to try Main St. Bakery for snacks..popcorn alone will not cut it this time!!

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ (the BBQ Chicken salad looks good to me!)

Epcot: Lunch is at Akershus...if we are still there at dinner time, I would love to try Tangerine- My DH would LOVE the Lamb and I would love the Chicken!! I just don't know if we can fill time between lunch and dinner at Epcot...the kids don't LOVE it there.

Hollywood Studios: Studio Catering Company looks good.

Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Pucks...I am going to go there this trip. The food looks awesome!! And SNACKS at Goofy's candy shop! :cheer2:

Sounds great. I have never tried any of those places but will be trying some this time around. We have always done Pecos Bills but are trying Cosmic Rays this time, and we are also giving Wolf Gang Puck Express a shot. The great thing about counter service is you eat when you feel like it no plannign months in advance when you are going to want to eat when you are there.

Sounds great. I have never tried any of those places but will be trying some this time around. We have always done Pecos Bills but are trying Cosmic Rays this time, and we are also giving Wolf Gang Puck Express a shot. The great thing about counter service is you eat when you feel like it no plannign months in advance when you are going to want to eat when you are there.

Thanks!! I agree. We love the QSDP for those reasons. The 2 TS meals is enough for us, and the kids.....we are getting closer, less than 3 months!!! whoohoo!!:banana:

I'm so excited that we just made our final payment :banana:
To be fair, we put is on our Disney Visa, with the 6 months interest free!! However, my Frugal DH, will probably just pay it off as soon as the bill arrives, he's just crazy that way!

Thanks to the Dis :woohoo: I have found a solution to the little problem of my lovely miracle baby who is not walking at nearly 17 months :confused3
It's called the Ergo baby carrier. I believe one of our friends has one that we can borrow because I was not sure how I was going to hold a 25lb baby in line. I'm trying not to freak out about the not walking thing.....even though I have PTSD from her birth of phrases like "brain damage", "critical condition", " doing everything we can", etc... I keep reminding myself, she has come so far and so far, and has had only some minor health issues.........(yes, we will be bringing a nebulizer to WDS :headache:)

Other than that, I'm getting ready to pre-order my photopass CD, preparing for the Holidays :dance3: and counting down to my Disney Fix :love:

Just stopping in from the Pop thread...great report.. it is helping me finalize my plans..I think we are doing AK on the same Sun so maybe we will see you there as well as Pop...by the way your girls are adorable!

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1: Yay for paying off the vacation. Our final payment is due next week, and we have a little to finish paying. We might be a day late paying it off, but I will be soooo happy when it is.

Yes, I have started to pack, but just the kids. I'm gathering both summer and winter clothes for layering. I bought them a bunch of new stuff for Disney so I wanted to sort it all and get it into the suitcase.

Since today it's 77 degrees in WDW :banana: I thew in a tinkerbell bathingsuit for each of them...matching of course..really, the pics will be so cute!! Last time we did no swimming but hoping for at least 1 day :worship:

Since we are flying SW, I'm taking 4 bags and not sqeezing anyone together like last time. I might go crazy and bring 5, don't tell DH... I keep saying but with DME...you don't have to worry about it....He just doesn't get it!!

Anyway, Happy Travels to all the January Disers and hoping I can catch up with some of the fellow Philly Girls at POP!!!!! :hippie:

Have fun on your trip. We love the QSDP also. We did it last year and again this year. We did 2 charcter meals last time and it was plenty. We did CP and Garden Grill. This year we are doing Norway for breakfest and t-rex. MY almost 3 year old loves dinosaurs and toy story. Have a great trip.

Have fun on your trip. We love the QSDP also. We did it last year and again this year. We did 2 charcter meals last time and it was plenty. We did CP and Garden Grill. This year we are doing Norway for breakfest and t-rex. MY almost 3 year old loves dinosaurs and toy story. Have a great trip.

Thanks Kelly! We are so excited!! I think 2 TS is plenty for us with the little ones. last time we did 1 and even that night they were so tired. Hopefully, all 3 will have a little nap the day of our O'Hana ADR so they will be refreshed and pleasant little angels!! We are looking forward to having reinforcements that day (i.e. Mommom and Poppop) so we can finally ride EE!!!!!

So, I pre-ordered the Photpass CD (What a great deal!!) :woohoo:

The weather has been pretty warm in WDW this past week so hoping for some pool time :banana: but I am packing the gloves and warm sweats, just in case....we needed them last time.

Also, the girls' rain jackets are a must. DH and I bought ponchos last time we were there so they are going in as well.

Silly DH says to me, "Are you really packing 2 princess dresses for Maria?" Me: "Yes, Magic Express, Southwest Fee Bags" ....enough said :rotfl:

What is wrong with him? :scared1:

Doesn't he know that he should just go along with me.....at all times...

PS: I'm beginning to DREAD the fact that I did not purchase a seat for DD age 18 months.......she may be a maniac...apologizing in advance to all the other passengers.

Happy planning everyone!!!!

You get to stay longer than we are so I'm jealous of that open day- you get to do whatever!!! I saw you subbing on my PTR so I thought I'd check yours out- girls are adorable!

I FEEL like our little one is a miracle baby- six years age difference wasn't planned- we've had our losses and finally got our last blessing. So happy that you have yourself a little fighter!

I'm leaving soon- but you have a better shot at swimming weather. I'm sending pixie dust that at least you will get to swim.

Of course I did online check in, on the 16th, exactly 10 days!!! :cool1:

I have 2 kids on antibiotics right now...hoping this keeps them healthy. The baby is on a 20 day dose, so we'll need to give it to her on our trip, but it's OK.

One of our friends let us borrow their ERGO baby carrier. Since Isabella isn't walking, I thought this would help. She LOVES it!!

This solves all of my problems about what to do with a 17 mo. old, who weighs 25 lbs and isn't walking :confused3 I'll just wear her on my back. It was so comfortable and she was in heaven!!! She is going for her physical therapy evaluation tomorrow, so maybe I'll get some pointers on how to help her build up some strength in her legs, but for now...thanks for ERGO!!

Weather is looking promising...I might unpack the winter coats and just leave the heave sweatshirts and rain gear.

We have decided that our first purchase at Everything Pop is 2 autograph books for the girls!!! Hopefully this will help them not to be so shy...sure it will :rotfl:

Anyway, the girls are excited to go to sleep in their clothes the night before we leave since I'm waking them at 3AM to go to the airport!!! Praying for good weather in Philly to avoid any delays.....By the way, if we get stuck on the runway for hours...watch me on the news as the feds take me away in handcuffs for causing a disturbance on the plane!!!!! I'm a little claustrophobic..so being stuck anywhere freaks me out!!!

I have requested a ground floor room at POP to avoid the elevator as well.

Happy Planning to my fellow obsessive DISers!!:hippie:

:eek:
So, the weather does not look promising for an on-time flight on Wednesday morning. I booked the 640AM flight so we could have time to go to the parks. The weather reports are now conflicting about whether we will have snow, rain, or a "wintry mix" Tuesday night into Wednesday.

I have a plan....of course I do Disers!!!

The plan is to change our flight home to Thursday, instead of Wed. and book a room only res. at Pop for Wednesday night. This way, even if we lose the first day, we can make it up at the end of the trip.

My question is this: 1. Should I just do that now, or wait and see what the weather brings.

2. If I do that now, and we get out on-time, can I add a day to our base tix once we arrive?

3. Should I just wait until we get there and have the concierge help me.

I'm leaning towards doing it now so I know we have the extra day, there's nothing bad about an extra day at Disney, right??? We would just have to pay OOP for meals for one day if we got in on time on Wed.

What do you think? :confused3 I'm so confused, this weather is killing me!

Are you leaving tommorow now? We are in Maine and we are suppose to get with some crazy storm again.

We made it out on tuesday night, now I'm going to argue with SW to try and get a credit for the fare difference since there was a major storm on Wed. We loved Pop!!! We stayed in 60's bldg. 4 ground floor. It was a great location, quiet, close to Classic Hall. Easy with 2 strollers!! The parks were empty!! We went on every ride, multiple times. It was fantastic! And, the weather....was amazing!!! 70's to 83!! We went swimming and enjoyed the sun immensely!! Some highlights of the trip and tips: The QS meal at Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD was AMAZING! Our bill would have been $60 and the food was out of this world! I have no food pics...with 3 little ones, it was impossible. But, what everyone says about WPE is true!! It's worth the trip to DTD!!! Lunch at Akershus was also very good and the princesses were sweet and my girls loved it! The bus service at Pop was near perfect, in my opinion. Even after Wishes, when the line was huge, we were back at the resort by 9pm. They just kept sending busses, 2 at a time, until the line was gone. It worked really well!!

Looking forward to staying at the new Art of Animation resort in 2013! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter