D23 Expo DIS Meet - All DISers welcome - 08/08 5pm - Outside Hearthstone Lounge

When should we hold a DIS meet during the D23 Expo?

• Thursday evening somewhere at the DLR

• Thursday evening at one of the Convention Center hotels

• Friday morning AT the Expo

• Friday noon AT the Expo

• Other-please comment

• I don't want to meet DISers...they scare me

• Anywhere, anytime, and I will be there

• Meet on Thursday, then again on Sat or Sun

Results are only viewable after voting.
It was great meeting you (after posting back and forth so many years). Enjoyed meeting all those that I had the chance.

And, wow, what a day today -- made possible by tag teaming with fellow DISers. Thanks! Cheers to a great Saturday tomorrow (yikes, today!?!)

- Dreams

So you did not need to rent Any teenagers in the end?

What happened to your sessions yesterday? I did not hear of a Julie Andrews appearance so I hope in hindsight you did not choose that. What were you able to attend?

We attended the awesome Animation Studios presentation, the somewhat boring Marty Sklar Dream it Do it session, and then the very interesting Pixar research session at 6pm.

LOL DS17 was excited to see the new Elysium movie in DTD and dragged me over there after the last session yesterday!

What happened to your sessions yesterday? I did not hear of a Julie Andrews appearance so I hope in hindsight you did not choose that. What were you able to attend?

We attended the awesome Animation Studios presentation, the somewhat boring Marty Sklar Dream it Do it session, and then the very interesting Pixar research session at 6pm.

LOL DS17 was excited to see the new Elysium movie in DTD and dragged me over there after the last session yesterday!

Glad to hear you and your DS17 had a great time at the Expo. My DA and I attended the Pixar Doing our Homework session yesterday. I didn't see you last night.

It was fun on Friday to meet the DISers and hope to do it again in the near future.

It was great to meet the DISers last Thursday. I had a great time this weekend and can't wait for the next one in two years. Loved playing a small part of Disney Dreams tag teaming crew!

It was great to meet everyone Thursday! Hope everybody had an awesome time, we sure did. Leaps and bounds better than the last one, although they could still use more than 2 people to scan every single person in at the door. :)

It was great to meet everyone Thursday! Hope everybody had an awesome time, we sure did. Leaps and bounds better than the last one, although they could still use more than 2 people to scan every single person in at the door. :)

I agree. This was much better organized than 2011. I wish there was one more day! There was so much I wanted to see and did not have enough time!

It sounds like D23 was a success. I've been enjoying the concerts on Youtube.

I hope to go next time, but in the meantime we need to do more meets. :)

Here's a link to the youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP2iYBTT4Ls

Hear hear! More meets. I had fun and would try real hard to attend.

Thank you for posting the link to the videos, Mary Jo. The Sherman and Menken concert was one of a life time. Had tears running down my cheeks more often than not. Wish you could have been there Mary Jo.

What a weekend! After a very tired Monday work day, I am catching up and recovering. :rotfl: Seriously, I will sleep well tonight, no doubt.

Nope, no rented teenagers. Although, I have not ruled it out for future years! ;) I have concluded that you cannot attend D23 Expo solo and do even 1/3 as much as you can if you have someone else to tag team with you.

Luckily for me, I met two people at the DIS meet that tag teamed with me on Friday and Saturday, as well as some on Sunday, in addition to a DH who earned angel wings Saturday in a way I could never have even dreamt of to make my Expo fantastic! I would never have seen or done any where close to what I did if I were solo.

Hehe, nope, no Julie Andrews. Although, her photo was certainly seen many times over the three days in various sessions! I had a great Friday. I DID end up choosing to attend the Mary Poppins session on Friday -- just in case. And I actually enjoyed it, even though there was no Julie. :upsidedow After hearing how incredibly long the animation session went, I was more than happy with my choice. I had a pass for the Undiscovered Disneyland, but skipped it after learning that the line for the 12:30pm StagePasses was already building. I too was in the Marty Sklar session and enjoyed it. I then attended the highlight of my day, the Broadway and Beyond concert in the evening. WOW! is all I have to say about that. Just, WOW!

I can't believe you left the Expo to see at movie that is showing everywhere! Was the movie good at least?

It was great to meet the DISers last Thursday. I had a great time this weekend and can't wait for the next one in two years. Loved playing a small part of Disney Dreams tag teaming crew!
Loved tag teaming with you as well -- and thanks again for Sunday. You rock! Cheers to 2015! By the way, I believe you, me, and a DISer to remain nameless (unless she chooses to name herself) have a 2:30pm date still! Maybe in 2015. :rotfl:

- Dreams

P.S. Here's my shameless plea for anyone who may be able to help. Of all the giveaways at the entire expo, the ONE thing I wanted to get was a pin that Walt Disney Investor Relations was giving out. It was a pin that looks like a stock certificate. By the time I got to their booth... gone. :( Of course today, people on pin trading sites are trading anywhere from 2-6 that they acquired over the weekend. Grrrr.... If anyone out there has one that they decided they don't want or an extra that they don't need and are willing to part with to make a fellow DISers expo perfect, I would GREATLY appreciate it and would be very thankful for your kindness. Thanks!

I can't believe you left the Expo to see at movie that is showing everywhere! Was the movie good at least?
The movie was after the final session of the day ended. So I did not leave the Expo. My first choice would have been to relax over a nice dinner somewhere in DTD or one of the hotels.

Instead DS17 and I hightailed it to DTD, quickly grabbed our first ever Earl of Sandwich sandwich, snuck them into the DTD movie theater, and managed to get to the theater right as the movie started and previews ended. I probably would have enjoyed the whole process when I was 17 but now it just seemed to rushed. Especially for a movie that was decent but not that great. DS17 was glad we did it so that was cool.

:wizard:

I hope you all had a good time at the D23 Expo. One of the highlights for me was the DIS Meet-Up and then meeting DISers throughout the Expo. Thank you for making my Expo experience extra-special. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next DIS event or in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter