~ D23 Expo Aug./2013 ~

I agree with Fran, you still have plenty of time to plan since the schedule hasn't come out. I don't have a sorcerer ticket in 2011 and still managed to have fun despite the long lines. I already know that I will have to spend time in line for the broadway thing and the Menken/Sherman thing but other than that..... As long as high take the approach of not trying to do everything, because it is impossible, and have something to do while you are standing in line, you will be fine.

Here it is..Inside the magic interview bullet points:
For those who just want the quick hits, here are a few bullet points of new and/or interesting information that came out of the conversation:
"Fanniversary events were launched as a direct response to fan demand for more D23 events around the country. D23 is currently developing more Fanniversary events for 2013.
"Movies likely to be featured in the Walt Disney Studios presentation at the 2013 D23 Expo include The Lone Ranger, Oz the Great and Powerful, Maleficent, and Frozen (among others).
"2013 D23 Arena will still have 4,000 seats. The unused seats are all obstructed views and Disney does not want to offer a poor experience.
"An overflow theater will seat 2,000 offering a live video stream of Arena presentations.
"Some Stage 23 and Stage 28 presentations will be held more than once, allowing more to attend.
"Pending legal clearance issues, some 2013 D23 Expo presentations may have video replays after show hours.
"Wristbands will be available for all Stage 23 (and possibly Stage 28) presentations guaranteeing a seat, but not a specific seat. Attendees may still stand in line to get a better spot. No wristbands will be given out for the Arena.
"Stage 23 will have 2,000 seats, more than double that of past Expos.
"There are no immediate plans for another Great Disney Scavenger Hunt.
"Magic and Merriment, Sip and Stroll, and other similar annual events are repeated as they have become tradition for many fans.
"Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives may evolve into a touring exhibition.

Most people have not made plans. The full schedule has not been released so there is still plenty of time to plan and go. The Expo only happens every two years so there won't be another until 2015. Also I'm not sure if you know that the Sorcerer tickets cost $1500 per person. They also sold out within about 20 minutes of going on sale. You need to be sure to know the date when they go on sale and have a stable internet connection and be ready to click as soon as the link gets posted. Registration can be very stressful, but woth it!

And Sorcerer tickets in 2011 were $1,000 so it went up 50% from the first time and still sold in what felt like seconds. Hate to think what 2015 will cost if they do it again! Also..Sorcerers were told in 2011 that there would only be 50..ended up being close to 100 ( I think there were numerous glitches and such and angy people so they tried to take care of them..and it didn't feel like too many people at all) This time they aren't aren't saying how many..I am guessing over 200. And we don't get seats for Stage 28...just Arena and Stage 23.

Just curious as I have seen this in a couple of places. Why do people think they sold more sorcerer tickets this year? 200 seems like a lot.

Just curious as I have seen this in a couple of places. Why do people think they sold more sorcerer tickets this year? 200 seems like a lot.

They did away with the Premier tickets for this year..and I think they figured out how much they can make on Sorcerer tickets since no matter how they price them they still sell out! I like to think we are helping fund a great Expo with our 'contributions' :lmao:

They did away with the Premier tickets for this year..and I think they figured out how much they can make on Sorcerer tickets since no matter how they price them they still sell out! I like to think we are helping fund a great Expo with our 'contributions' :lmao:

Disney is pushing the financial envelope everywhere. They are testing the waters to see how much people will pay and they keep raising prices everywhere. They did sell these and the Diamond level tickets differently than the 2011 tickets. Rather than receiving a confirmed ticket for the shows, each person was waitlisted until they faxed a confirmation back. I suppose thus was to avoid glitches and oversell the spots.

Disney is pushing the financial envelope everywhere. They are testing the waters to see how much people will pay and they keep raising prices everywhere. They did sell these and the Diamond level tickets differently than the 2011 tickets. Rather than receiving a confirmed ticket for the shows, each person was waitlisted until they faxed a confirmation back. I suppose thus was to avoid glitches and oversell the spots.

Diamond level for what?

I just wanted to point out to those of you who haven't attended the expo before to be prepared to wait HOURS in line to get into most of the presentations. Bring something to do, to read, etc. Most of the people on this thread seem to have had the premier passes, but for those of us who didn't, it was important to get to the venue you want at least an hour and a half or more before time. For the headliners in the evening we got in line at least 3 hours ahead of time. Although there is more seating this year, I expect there will be more people too. And we all know how willing Disney fanatics are to wait in line to get what they want, ha ha!!

I second these comments. If you don't have a Sorcerer or other special package - set your expectations low regarding getting into the seminars - and I mean really low.

I attended the first Expo in 2009 and had a great time - got into see most everything I wanted to. In 2011 it was the exact opposite - crowds were huge; they did away with the Thursday (D23 members only day that they had in 2009); lines were unbelievable; and the number of press credentials was rampant. Oh and the press didn't have to wait in lines with us ordinary folks - they got to go straight in. Needless to say from my tone, you can tell that I had a miserable (and expensive since I flew out, hotel, etc.) time.

I was hoping for some changes for this years event, but all I've seen is that they expect higher attendance rates from last time around. I do usually go to the other D23 events in both CA and FL, but am not planning on Expo this time around - yes, I had that rotten of a time.

I hope for those of you going, that they have improved things - I really want y'all to have a great time. I just want folks to plan accordingly.

Cristi

This will be my first Expo and I am looking forward to the experience! Made a reservation at the Hilton for ease of access to the Convention Center. Based on comments from these boards it sounds like the Hilton is directly across from the Convention Center. Have just been offered the opportunity to stay with a friend at the Sheraton Park. I am not familiar with the Convention Center area. How much further away is the Sheraton Park? Would it be better to keep the Hilton?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Really? For Sorcerer this year and Diamond for Dest D? I didn't have to do that..just got my confirmation instantly:confused3

This will be my first Expo and I am looking forward to the experience! Made a reservation at the Hilton for ease of access to the Convention Center. Based on comments from these boards it sounds like the Hilton is directly across from the Convention Center. Have just been offered the opportunity to stay with a friend at the Sheraton Park. I am not familiar with the Convention Center area. How much further away is the Sheraton Park? Would it be better to keep the Hilton?

I don't know where Sheraton Park is, but Hilton can't be beat for the Expo. I stayed at Jolly Roger the last two and upgraded to Hilton this year. They are RIGHT THERE with a great food court that has much better food than the CC crap.If I were you, I'd stick with the Hilton.

The Sheraton Park is on Harbor Blvd directly behind the Hilton. We stayed there for the last 2 Expos and will again this year. Worst case, it will add 10 minutes to your walk.

I will acknowledge that the food court at the Hilton was pretty good. I think we ate most lunches and a coupe of dinners there in 2011. -- Suzanne

The Sheraton Park is on Harbor Blvd directly behind the Hilton. We stayed there for the last 2 Expos and will again this year. Worst case, it will add 10 minutes to your walk.

I will acknowledge that the food court at the Hilton was pretty good. I think we ate most lunches and a coupe of dinners there in 2011. -- Suzanne

Good to know..I cannot place this hotel in my head

SCHEDULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited you guys! I can barely stand it! We are staying at the Hilton too. Very first Expo for me and the Hubby, we are leaving the kids and the dogs at home with my Sister and her family. So this is going to be fantastic!!!!!!
Thought you would all enjoy seeing the completed schedule. I talked to an EXPO person today and they said they wont be making any more changes at this time. and if they do they will be minor! So excited you guys!!!!!!

FRIDAY
TIME
EVENT/PRESENTATION
VENUE
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Disney Store Opening Ceremony, featuring special guests Snow White and Prince Charming Disney Store
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Silent Auction Disney Dream Store
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Special guest artists from Stuller Fine Jewelry and Alex & Ani Jewelry, and Precious Moments doll artist Linda Rick Disney Dream Store
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Puppet Activities, Makeovers and Manicures by Sephora, “Find Your Voice” Karaoke, and Disney Junior Photo Opportunities Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Radio Disney Road Crew Disney Channel Pavilion
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Character artists Rich Tuzon, Jeff Shelly, Robert Farrell, and Eric Hutchison, and product designer Jose Zamora Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. runDisney with Ali Vincent Disney Center Stage
10:00 a.m. – 11:20 p.m. Cast of Phineas and Ferb
See Phineas and Ferb creators/executive producers and stars Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh, plus stars Vincent Martella and Alyson Stoner, with character appearances by Agent P, Phineas, and Ferb.

Disney Channel Pavilion
10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Art and Imagination: Animation at The Walt Disney Studios
Disney and Pixar Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter, filmmakers and star talent will take guests on a journey through The Walt Disney Studios’ slate of upcoming animated features, including Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen and Pixar Animation Studios’ The Good Dinosaur. Plus, catch the U.S. debut of the new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse!, major movie announcements, and a not-to-be-missed live musical performance.Cell phones, cameras, and all recording devices will be checked for this presentation. D23 Arena
10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Disney Fairytale Designer Collection special guest artist signing with Jess Fuchs & Gerald Mendez Disney Consumer Products Pavilion/td>
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Yo-Yo Performances, presented by Duncan Toys Disney Center Stage
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Behind the Scenes of Walt Disney’s Mary Poppins
Come take a historical look behind the scenes at the origins of the 1964 film as we near its 50th anniversary with chief archivist emeritus Dave Smith. As you prepare to see Saving Mr. Banks later this year, learn the complete story of how Walt Disney first discovered the book, worked on the script with author P.L. Travers, brought in the Sherman Brothers to write a memorable score, selected the unforgettable cast, oversaw the actual filming, and celebrated at a gala Hollywood premiere. Stage 23
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Mayhem, Mischief, and Monkeys: The Magic of Mystic Manor
Join Imagineers Joe Lanzisero and others for the strange stories behind Hong Kong Disneyland’s Mystic Manor, the newest and one of the most sophisticated attractions ever built. Stage 28
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Hear a story narrated by the Fairy Godmother Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Disney Publishing artist signs Peter Pan lithographs Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Harveys Seatbeltbag Collection founders and designers Dana and Melanie Harvey and artist Noah Talent Round-Up
11:30 a.m. – 12:50 p.m. Cast of Marvel Universe
See Marvel Universe stars, plus character appearances by Spider-Man and Iron Man. Disney Channel Pavilion
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Learn how to draw Planes characters with Stephane Kardos Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Ridley Pearson and the Kingdom Keepers Quest
Disney Publishing Worldwide reintroduces New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson as he embarks on a journey to write the seventh and final book in the Kingdom Keepers series—only this time, his readers are helping him write it through a brand new app—Kingdom Keepers Insider! Join the author as he reveals how deception and betrayal rock the Kingdom Keepers’ world as the merciless group of Disney villains stage an unexpected comeback. Stage 28
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Disney Legend and voice of Beauty and the Beast’s Belle Paige O’Hara and artist Jim Shore Disney Dream Store
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Undiscovered Disneyland
Legendary Imagineer Tony Baxter shares rare and never-before-seen footage of the early days of Disneyland, from design and construction through opening day. Stage 23
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Digital artists Anthony Mai and Brad Andrews, and character artists John T. Quinn III, George McClements, Dorota Kotarba-Mendez Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Introducing Mickey and Minnie Collection special guest artist signing with Oskar Mendez Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
1:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Crash & Bernstein
See Crash & Bernstein, stars Cole Jensen, Tim Lagasse, Landry Bender, Aaron R. Landon, plus a Crash appearance. Disney Channel Pavilion
1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Kingdom Keepers series author signing with Ridley Pearson Talent Round-Up
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Dave Bossert Remembers Roy E. Disney, with special guest Roy P. Disney
During his almost 30 year career at Disney, Dave Bossert had a very unique role between 1994 and 2009. During those years, Dave worked primarily on projects that were spearheaded and executive produced by Roy E. Disney. In Disney Publishing’s 45-minute session at D23 Expo, Dave Bossert along with guest Roy P. Disney, oldest son of Roy E. Disney, will share stories, drawings, and candid photos found in his new book, Remembering Roy E. Disney: Memories and Photos of a Storied Life. Drawing a poignant and funny picture of a man revered and idolized by legions of Disney fans, it is filled with personal memories, stories, and artifacts collected over the course of 15 years. Stage 28
1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Artist Larry Dotson, designer Art Lewis, and graphic designer and paper sculptor Dave Avanzino Disney Dream Store
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Dooney & Bourke Ian Ray and Precious Moments sculptor Hiko Maeda Disney Dream Store
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Hear a story narrated by the Fairy Godmother Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Disney Publishing artist signs Peter Pan lithographs Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Learn how to draw Mickey and other characters with John T. Quinn III and Jeff Shelly Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Join in some Disney Dream Party fun, hosted by Cakes.com, Hallmark, and Walmart Disney Center Stage
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Cast of Gravity Falls
See Gravity Falls stars.

Disney Channel Pavilion
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Walt Disney Imagineers Tony Baxter and Josh Shipley Talent Round-Up
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. à la Mode Costume Contest
The à la Mode Costume Contest invites fans to dress their best for fun and the chance to win a very collectible—only five were made!—Edna Mode (The Incredibles) bronze trophy. Stage 23
2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Author Dave Bossert and Roy P. Disney Talent Round-Up
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Live Big with Ali Vincent Disney Center Stage
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Start Telling Your Story: Disney’s Story App Demo and Meet-Up Disney Interactive Pavilion
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Artists Rodel Gonzalez and Rob Kaz Disney Dream Store
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Disney Imagineering Legend Marty Sklar Presents… Dream It! Do It!
Disney Legend and Imagineering Ambassador, Marty Sklar, presents a fascinating half-century journey creating Disney’s Magic Kingdoms in his new book, Dream It! Do It!. Launching exclusively at D23 Expo by Disney Publishing Worldwide, Marty will take guests through a presentation that recounts his epic Disney adventure, including working as Walt’s literary right-hand man for the Disney parks, writing a film expressing Walt’s philosophy for the Walt Disney World project and Epcot, and opening nine of the eleven Disney parks around the world. A signing will follow this event. Stage 28
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Exclusive Screening of Disney’s Planes
Be among the first to see Disney’s Planes on its opening day! An action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure from Disneytoon Studios, Disney’s Planes will take flight in theaters nationwide August 9, but D23 Expo guests are invited aboard for this special 3D presentation featuring an introduction by some very special guests. Dusty Crophopper dreams of competing as a high-flying racer, but he’s not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps him train to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty’s courage is put to the test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar. D23 Arena
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. The 3 Magical Elements of a Disney Dream Party, sponsored by Cakes.com, Walmart, and Hallmark Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Chief Archivist Emeritus Dave Smith Talent Round-Up
3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Product designer Gabe Maldonado, digital artist Steve Andrews, and character artists Stephane Kardos, Jeff Shelly, and Anthony Whitfield Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
3:40 p.m. – 4:40 p.m. Cast of Lab Rats
See Lab Rats stars Tyrel Jackson Williams, Billy Unger, and Spencer Boldman. Disney Channel Pavilion
3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. <em winner Ali Vincent Talent Round-Up
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Yo-Yo Performances, presented by Duncan Toys Disney Center Stage
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Artists Michelle St. Laurent and former Walt Disney Imagineer Valerie Edwards Disney Dream Store
4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Dream It! Do It! author signing with Disney Legend and former Imagineering creative executive Marty Sklar Talent Round-Up
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pixar’s Small Fry director Angus MacLane signs Buzz Lightyear Small Fry action figures Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. The Art and Artistry of Aulani
Imagineers Joe Rohde and Jeanette Lomboy will share the authentic tapestry of art and stories found at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa.

Stage 28
5:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. à la Mode Costume Contest Winners Disney Center Stage
5:00 p.m. – 5:05 p.m. The Disney Junior opportunity sweepstakes winner is announced Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Learn how to draw your favorite Muppets character with George McClements Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Miniatures sculptor artist Robert Olszewski and artists Manny Hernandez, Tim Rogerson, and John Coulter Disney Dream Store
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Cast of Shake It Up
See Shake It Up stars Roshon Fegan, and Adam Irigoyen.

Disney Channel Pavilion
6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Voice of Disneyland Bill Rogers will record your mobile phone’s voicemail greeting Disney Center Stage
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Broadway & Beyond… Celebrating the Stars of Disney on Broadway
Thomas Schumacher, president and producer, Disney Theatrical Productions, will host this musical journey into Disney’s history on Broadway and beyond. The star-studded event will feature an all-star lineup, including Heidi Blickenstaff (The Little Mermaid), Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins and Beauty and the Beast), Merle Dandridge (Tarzan and Aida), Josh Strickland (Tarzan), and Alton Fitzgerald White (The Lion King). They will sing beloved songs from the award-winning musicals they starred in as well as classic tunes from the Disney on Broadway catalogue.

Saturday, August 10

New events and presentations will be added throughout the summer.
Check back for the latest updates!
TIME
EVENT/PRESENTATION
VENUE
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Disney Store Opening Ceremony, featuring special guests Ariel and Prince Eric Disney Store
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Silent Auction Disney Dream Store
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Disney Publishing artist sketches live Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Special guest artists from Stuller Fine Jewelry and Alex & Ani Jewelry, and Precious Moments doll artist Linda Rick Disney Dream Store
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Puppet Activities, Makeovers and Manicures by Sephora, “Find Your Voice” Karaoke, and Disney Junior Photo Opportunities Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Radio Disney Road Crew Disney Channel Pavilion
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Product designer Ken Mataya, and character artists Stephane Kardos, John T. Quinn III, George McClements, and Dorota Kotarba-Mendez Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. The Biggest Loser winner Ali Vincent Talent Round-Up
10:00 a.m. – 10:55 a.m. Cast of Dog With A Blog
See Dog With A Blog stars G Hannelius, Blake Michael, Francesca Capaldi, and Beth Littleford. Disney Channel Pavilion
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Dream It! Do It! author signing with Disney Legend Marty Sklar and artists Dave Pacheco and Jim Shore Disney Dream Store
10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Disneyland miniatures sculptor Robert Olszewski Talent Round-Up
10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Art of Ariel Collection special guest artist signing with Gerald Mendez, Enrique Pita, Quincy Sutton, and Steve Thompson Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Yo-Yo Performances, presented by Duncan Toys Disney Center Stage
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Broadcasts from Buena Vista Street
Enjoy the latest ‘soundtrack’ from Disney California Adventure’s Buena Vista Street, featuring a live performance of Scary Symphony from radio station KBVS and a panel discussion led by Imagineers. Stage 28
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Let the Adventures Begin: Live Action at The Walt Disney Studios
The Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn will showcase the Studios’ exciting live-action release slate, including Disney’s Saving Mr. Banks and Tomorrowland, Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, and much more.Cell phones, cameras, and all recording devices will be checked for this presentation. D23 Arena
10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Chief Archivist Emeritus Dave Smith Talent Round-Up
11:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. The Evolution of Tinker Bell with author Mindy Johnson Disney Center Stage
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Disney Publishing artist signs Mickey Mouse lithographs Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Meet Jake from Jake and the Never Land Pirates Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
11:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Disney Design Group artists Alex Maher and Darren Wilson Disney Dream Store
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Remembering Roy E. Disney: Memories and Photos of a Storied Life signing with author Dave Bossert and Roy P. Disney Talent Round-Up
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Disney Legend and voice of Beauty and the Beast’s Belle Paige O’Hara and Tinkerbell: An Evolution author signing with Mindy Johnson Disney Dream Store
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Broadcasts from Buena Vista Street panel Talent Round-Up
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Charles Phoenix Presents
Noted humorist and self-proclaimed “retro daddy” Charles Phoenix shares some of his favorite images from around Disney, featuring classic kitsch, clashing colors schemes, and hairdos that truly defy gravity. Stage 28
12:15 p.m.- 1:15 p.m. Cast of Kickin’ It
See Kickin’ It stars Jason Earles, Leo Howard, Olivia Holt, and Dylan Riley Snyder. Disney Channel Pavilion
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. A panel from Walt Disney Animation’s Frozen, featuring the film’s art director Michael Giaimo and Disney Consumer Products creative designer Amie Lim Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Harveys Seatbeltbag Collection founders and designers Dana and Melanie Harvey and artist Noah Disney Dream Store
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Product designers Gabe Maldonado and Sohyun Park, and character artists Rich Tuzon, Dave Pacheco, and Anthony Whitfield Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. My Family Recipe Rocks with Joey Fatone Disney Center Stage
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ABC’s Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale
Catch a special sneak peek of the upcoming season of ABC’s Once Upon a Time and all-new series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, followed by a Q&A with show creators and executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.
Stage 23
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Disney Publishing artist sketches live Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Brad Bird, the director of Pixar’s The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Disney’s upcoming film Tomorrowland Disney Dream Store
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Cast of Jessie
See Jessie stars Skai Jackson and Cameron Boyce. Disney Channel Pavilion
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Disney Design Group artist Costa Alavezos, and Precious Moments sculptor Hiko Maeda Disney Dream Store
1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Graphic designer and paper sculptor Dave Avanzino, artist Larry Dotson, and designer Art Lewis Disney Dream Store
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. ‘NSYNC and Dancing With the Stars singer/actor/dancer Joey Fatone Talent Round-Up
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Dooney & Bourke Ian Ray and artist Manny Hernandez Talent Round-Up
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Voices of the Disney Parks
The men and women who provide voices for the Disney parks are back with more stories, more humorous asides, and new faces you probably won’t recognize this time either. So remain seated, keeping your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the theater as you meet more Voices of the Disney Parks. Moderated once again by Imagineer Brian Nefsky, this year’s cast is scheduled to include Yeni Alvarez, Corey Burton, Camille Dixon, Peter Renaday, Fabio Rodriguez, Bill Rogers, Mark Silverman, Stephen Stanton, and BJ Ward.
Stage 28
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Steamboat Wille Redux special guest artist signing with Robert Farrell, John T. Quinn III, Jeff Shelly, and Becky Wong Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Violinist Drew Tretick Talent Round-Up
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Disney Legends Awards Ceremony
The 2013 Disney Legends Awards, hosted by noted television personality Tom Bergeron (host of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and America’s Funniest Home Videos), is a tradition that pays tribute to the talented men and women who have made indelible contributions to the Disney legacy. Since 1987, 237 men and women have been named Disney Legends in honor of their contributions to The Walt Disney Company. This year, Monsters Inc. and Monsters University stars Billy Crystal and John Goodman, technology visionary Steve Jobs, television icon Dick Clark and other beloved contributors to the Disney legacy will be named and honored as official Disney Legends. Each recipient receives a two-foot-tall bronze Disney Legends sculpture that signifies the imagination, creativity, and magic that they have brought to the Company. Their bronzed handprints will be forever displayed in the Disney Legends Plaza at the Company’s Burbank headquarters. D23 Arena
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Join in some Disney Dream Party fun, hosted by Cakes.com, Hallmark, and Walmart Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Pop-culture humorist Charles Phoenix Talent Round-Up
2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Performance by actress and Hollywood Records recording artist Bridgit Mendler Disney Channel Pavilion
2:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Cast of Good Luck Charlie
See Good Luck Charlie stars Bridgit Mendler, Jason Dolley, Bradley Steven Perry, and Leigh-Allyn Baker Disney Channel Pavilion
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Start Telling Your Story: Disney’s Story App Demo and Meet-Up Disney Interactive Pavilion
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Disney Publishing artist signs Mickey Mouse lithographs Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Artist Tim Rogerson and designer and former Walt Disney Imagineer Valerie Edwards Disney Dream Store
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Walt Disney Imagineering Vinylmation Artists Talent Round-Up
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Learn how to draw Muppets characters with George McClements Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Voices of the Disney Parks panel Talent Round-Up
3:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. Disney Design Group artists Caley Hicks, Thomas Scott, and Ron Cohee Disney Dream Store
3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Digital artist Anthony Mai and character artist Jeff Shelly, Mi Ran Kim, and Kim Kha Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Yo-Yo Performances, presented by Duncan Toys Disney Center Stage
4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Artists John Coulter and Michelle St. Laurent Disney Dream Store
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Disney Classic Songs: A Magical Performance by Bill Cantos Disney Center Stage
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
4:30 p.m. – 4:50 p.m. R5 Performance
See a performance by Hollywood Records’ R5 band. Disney Channel Pavilion
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. The 3 Magical Elements of a Disney Dream Party, sponsored by Cakes.com, Walmart, and Hallmark Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:00 p.m. – 5:05 p.m. The Disney Junior opportunity sweepstakes winner is announced Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Crash Course in the Force: Star Wars Saga 101
Discover the rich history of the Star Wars saga and how cinematic storytelling, deep mythology and enthusiastic fans have transformed it from hit movies to a worldwide phenomenon. With new adventures coming to the big and small screen, immerse yourself in where Star Wars has been and how it changed the world with Lucasfilm’s resident authority, Pablo Hidalgo. Whether you’re taking your first step into this larger world or are a seasoned Jedi Master, there are many secrets of the Force to discover. Stage 23
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Cast of Teen Beach Movie
See Teen Beach Movie stars Ross Lynch, Grace Phipps, Garrett Clayton, John Deluca, Chrissie Fit, Jordan Fisher, and Mollee Gray. Disney Channel Pavilion
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Disney Publishing artist sketches live Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Steamboat Willie Redux Panel Discussion Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Artists Rodel Gonzalez and Rob Kaz Disney Dream Store
6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Violinist Drew Tretick Talent Round-Up
6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Voice of Disneyland Bill Rogers will record your mobile phone’s voicemail greeting Disney Center Stage
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Richard M. Sherman and Alan Menken: The Disney Songbook
For one night only, two of the world’s most celebrated songwriters and composers will take to the stage. Together Sherman and Menken have won a combined 10 Academy Awards for their work with Disney, and have composed music and songs for more than three dozen Disney feature films, over two dozen Disney Park attractions, and half a dozen Disney musicals on Broadway.

SUNDAY
TIME
EVENT/PRESENTATION
VENUE
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Disney Store Opening Ceremony, featuring special guests Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Disney Store
9:30 a.m. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th Anniversary
More details to come on this presentation. Stage 23
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Product designers Gabe Maldonado and Erick Solorzano, and character artists Jeff Shelly, Mi Ran Kim, and Steve Thompson Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Secrets of The Lost Chords
Grammy Award-winning producer and resident Disney Music historian, Randy Thornton reveals some of the secrets behind Disney’s Lost Chords. Go on a musical journey as Randy tells the inside stories of songs written for classic Disney films by legendary Disney composers (such as the Sherman Brothers) that were essentially lost for decades—until now. Stage 28
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Disney Publishing artist signs Sleeping Beauty lithographs Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
10:00 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. Character Meet and Greet
See Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates character appearances Disney Channel Pavilion
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Yo-Yo Performances, presented by Duncan Toys Disney Center Stage
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Precious Moments sculptor Hiko Maeda and designer and former Walt Disney Imagineer Valerie Edwards Disney Dream Store
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Disney Design Group artists Costa Alavezos, Alex Maher, and Darren Wilson Disney Dream Store
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Learn how to draw Mickey and other characters with John T. Quinn III and Jeff Shelly Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Dream It! Do It! author signing with Disney Legend and Imagineering Ambassador Marty Sklar Talent Round-Up
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Disney Princess Hair Salon Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
11:15 a.m. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th Anniversary
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Sounds Delightful! An Illustrated Audio Adventure
Join Disney Artist and Historian Stacia Martin for an entertaining trip across the decades via vintage Disney Vinyl Recordings from her extensive personal collection. Forgotten favorites from the family turntable of yesteryear will be heard along with rare promotional and production tracks… including never-before-heard musical moments from Walt Disney’s own “journey down the Yellow Brick Road.” Stage 28
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Disney Legend and voice of Beauty and the Beast’s Belle Paige O’Hara and artist John Coulter Disney Dream Store
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Cast of Sofia the First
See Sofia the First star Wayne Brady, plus Sofia. Disney Channel Pavilion
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. To Infinity and Beyond: Disney Interactive Takes the Stage
Disney Interactive invites you into its workshop for a first look at its upcoming slate of digital products, including reveals of never-before-seen Disney games, mobile apps, and online shows. Presented by Disney Interactive Co-Presidents Jimmy Pitaro and John Pleasants, this session will include the world premiere of Blank: A Vinylmation Love Story, the highly anticipated upcoming web series based on the Vinylmation franchise and a first-of-its-kind demo of the just-announced video game Fantasia: Music Evolved, complete with a live performance from the Disney Chamber Ensemble. Disney Infinity will also take center stage with several new surprises you won’t want to miss, including un-announced character reveals and game features. All arena attendees will leave the presentation with an exclusive giveaway of a never-before-seen Disney Infinity figure! D23 Arena
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Walt Disney Imagineering Vinylmation artists
More details to come on this presentation. Talent Round-Up
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Character artists Rich Tuzon, John T. Quinn III, George McClements, and Robert Farrell
More details to come on this presentation. Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
1:00 p.m. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th Anniversary
1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Host of Food Rush Ryan Scott Disney Center Stage
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Artists Manny Hernandez and Michelle St. Laurent Disney Dream Store
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Mickey Mouse Cartoon Short Disney Channel Pavilion
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Disney Design Group artists Thomas Scott, Ron Cohee, and Caley Hicks Disney Dream Store
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Learn how to draw Muppets characters with George McClements Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Artist Larry Dotson, designer Art Lewis, and graphic designer and paper sculptor Dave Avanzino Disney Dream Store
1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Host of Food Rush Ryan Scott and Author and Disneyland Hotel historian Don Ballard Talent Round-Up
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Disney Publishing artist signs Sleeping Beauty lithographs Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Sculptor artist Robert Olszewski Disney Dream Store
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Learn how to draw Mickey and other characters with John T. Quinn III and Jeff Shelly Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ESPN Films Screening of The ’99ers
The film about the 1999 Women’s World Cup Team will be followed by a Q&A with the film’s director Erin Leyden and producer Julie Foudy. Stage 28
2:40 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Cast of Wander Over Yonder
See Wander Over Yonder stars Jack McBrayer and April Winchell, plus creator/executive producer Craig McCracken. Disney Channel Pavilion
2:45 p.m. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th Anniversary
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Toy Story: Story Theater contest winner is announced Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Artists Tim Rogerson, Rodel Gonzalez, and Rob Kaz Disney Dream Store
3:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Radio Disney Prizes, Entertainment and Music Disney Channel Pavilion
3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Fantasia: Music Evolved On-Stage Demonstration Disney Interactive Pavilion
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Disney Ambassadors
Join current Disney Parks Ambassadors from around the world as they discuss this renowned program and share insights about its rich heritage, current outreach efforts, and the importance of sharing Disney goodwill. Stage 28
4:30 p.m. Walt Disney Imagineering’s 60th Anniversary
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Artist Noah and Harveys Seatbeltbag Collection founders and designers Dana and Melanie Harvey Disney Dream Store
5:00 p.m. – 5:05 p.m. Disney Junior opportunity sweepstakes winner is announced Disney Consumer Products Pavilion
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. The Jack Wrather Organization Featuring The Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel historian and author Don Ballard opens up the resort’s past with opening day color footage, featuring Walt Disney’s Disneyland dedication speech. This blast to the past also includes rare footage and photographs. Stage 28

Okay I am so excited!!!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!
:smickey::smickey::smickey::smickey::smickey::smickey::smickey::mickeyjum

I second these comments. If you don't have a Sorcerer or other special package - set your expectations low regarding getting into the seminars - and I mean really low.

I went 2 years ago, and saw LOTS of seminars and presentations. YES, I had to wait in long lines for most of them, but they were worth it.

This time, they do not have as many as last time that REALLY interest me, but that makes it a little easier to choose which to go see, in a way.

And it gives me more time to walk around, last time it felt like I spent most of my time in the seminars or waiting in line for them. :laughing::laughing:

I went 2 years ago, and saw LOTS of seminars and presentations. YES, I had to wait in long lines for most of them, but they were worth it.

This time, they do not have as many as last time that REALLY interest me, but that makes it a little easier to choose which to go see, in a way.

And it gives me more time to walk around, last time it felt like I spent most of my time in the seminars or waiting in line for them. :laughing::laughing:

I was thinking the same thing this year and thought the same thing last time. I guess that will give us more time to browse the Market place and other exhibits.

Are there any pin trading events at d23?

Haven't seen anything announced yet. They did have trading during the first expo, can't remember if they had it in 2011. They would normally have a area designated for it though and would most likely announce it beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter