~ D23 Expo Aug./2013 ~

The schedule won't come out until closer to the expo. I've been to the previous two and have left Sunday afternoon as the stuff going on on Sunday wasn't appealing to me. I just checked out of the hotel and stored my bags until flight time.

wwwosie said:
The schedule won't come out until closer to the expo. I've been to the previous two and have left Sunday afternoon as the stuff going on on Sunday wasn't appealing to me. I just checked out of the hotel and stored my bags until flight time.

At this point I'll be buying the most expensive tickets anyways. I really want to go, but saving up is hard. XD

I hope this isn't just a pipe dream for me. I'm debating doing Thursday- Sunday. Or Friday-Monday. Do you think I'm better off being there for a full day on Friday and leaving early on Sunday? Or getting there later on Friday and leaving Monday morning?

Murh.

Disney Legends is usually early on the first day, so, if it were me, I would get there Thursday. I missed legends the first year because I didn't know what to expect and didn't get to D23 until 1 pm.

At this point I'll be buying the most expensive tickets anyways. I really want to go, but saving up is hard. XD

I hope this isn't just a pipe dream for me. I'm debating doing Thursday- Sunday. Or Friday-Monday. Do you think I'm better off being there for a full day on Friday and leaving early on Sunday? Or getting there later on Friday and leaving Monday morning?

Murh.

I would say if you have to choose, do Friday, Saturday, and leave as late as possible (without having to spend the night) Sunday. I was late on Friday last time and regretted it.

Can't wait for August to arrive! I attended the first year, but skipped 2011. Decided to go this year, since it sounded like they got many of their crowd/time management issues sorted out for the second Expo. Managed to snag a Sorcerer's Package this time and it sounds like that helps navigating the expo as well.

For hotel, I have the better part of a week reserved at the DL Hotel, but am canceling night there as nights become available at the GCV (I'd rather spend my DVC points there, if possible!). In '09 I stayed on some motel along Harbor, right across from the main gate, and found the walk to the convention center a very enjoyable way to start the day.

I'm looking forward to a schedule - or any details, for that matter - coming out. I seem to recall it was solidified very close to the Expo in '09, but it would be nice to have SOME sort of information coming out. Seems like there hasn't been a mention of the Expo from Disney since tickets went on sale.

Is there a rough schedule out. I could cut costs if I leave on Sunday night instead of Monday morning.

When is the schedule usually released?

I'm leaving Sunday evening also..last time the last thing I had was a closing reception about 6? Wasn't worth doing..everyone was exhausted and ready to go..My friend is leaving about 2.. I think that is too early. My train out isn't until 8ish so plenty of time to see and do all.

Also a Sorcerer..was last time as well and very lucky to get it and worth every penny..Made the Expo more than magical :)

Did you guys read that Alan Menken and Richard Sherman are performing together at D23 on August 10th? That alone just made the convention worthwhile!!! Yay!

It is indeed a huge announcement. We saw Menken at a concert at the Destination D last August, and have seen Sherman at previous events also. The two together will be even more amazing. Shaping up to be a wonderful time!

Did you guys read that Alan Menken and Richard Sherman are performing together at D23 on August 10th? That alone just made the convention worthwhile!!! Yay!

This was very exciting news! Saw the musical presentation that Richard participated in at the first Expo (and then ran into he and his wife outside the convention center afterwards) and Richard and Alan together is going to be a great event! Can't wait!

Here's hoping that the Expo announcements keep coming!

I don't know... I'd hate to take a seat from someone who WANTS to be there for it. Definitely not in my must do column , but I'll see what else is going on at the time

I don't know... I'd hate to take a seat from someone who WANTS to be there for it. Definitely not in my must do column , but I'll see what else is going on at the time

It will probably be one of the most popular presentations. I am wondering if they released the info early because ticket sales are lagging. Just a thought... I haven't heard anything

It will probably be one of the most popular presentations. I am wondering if they released the info early because ticket sales are lagging. Just a thought... I haven't heard anything

So in my mind (and don't quote me) we'll have legends on Friday am, parks Friday afternoon, studios Saturday am, concert Saturday pm, and Sunday I see doing marvel/star wars as one or two presentations... Maybe Disney channel in the afternoon like last time again. I clearly see legends, studios, and parks "selling out." The concert is taking the place of the movie from 2011.... I don't remember that being a huge draw and I see this as a solution to the vandyke problem from last time.

I don't believe they are releasing info to boost ticket sales, it's the nature of the beast that they can't release information until it is finalized. At this point information will begin to come out as they confirm people. It's much easier to confirm 2 people for a single headline event than say 8 legends 2 months in advance.

So in my mind (and don't quote me) we'll have legends on Friday am, parks Friday afternoon, studios Saturday am, concert Saturday pm, and Sunday I see doing marvel/star wars as one or two presentations... Maybe Disney channel in the afternoon like last time again. I clearly see legends, studios, and parks "selling out." The concert is taking the place of the movie from 2011.... I don't remember that being a huge draw and I see this as a solution to the vandyke problem from last time.

I don't believe they are releasing info to boost ticket sales, it's the nature of the beast that they can't release information until it is finalized. At this point information will begin to come out as they confirm people. It's much easier to confirm 2 people for a single headline event than say 8 legends 2 months in advance.

You are probably correct on the reason for the releases, I was just speculating. However, I do think that Menken and Sherman will draw a big crowd. I'll be there for sure....

You might THINK you don't really care to see this, but believe me, if you go you will realize you would have been crazy to miss it.

You might THINK you don't really care to see this, but believe me, if you go you will realize you would have been crazy to miss it.

I agree! Just like the people who left the Studios presentation early in 2009 and totally missed Johnny Depp!

I can't believe that I missed this thread! I'm staying at the Hilton and we got the Sorcerer's package this year. Last time we were premiere which was nice but not as good a Sorcerers.

If you are looking for a pretty in depth TR on the 2011, I think that I did a pretty good job. The link is in my signature. I did most of the big presentations, but for a lot of those they take away your cameras and cell phones. Another good reason to be close by hotelwise, is you can leave them in your room and not have the hassle of waiting in line to get them back. Then you can go retrieve them easily. We had to wait in line for everything that wasn't in the Arena and we spent a fair amount of time in line.

There's no way to do everything and as someone ekse mentioned you have to choose becsuse most likely there will be lines, unless they have developed a FP system for the queues. There wsd even a wsit to get into the stores!

:thumbsup2 We stayed at the Jolly Roger the last two times and it was fine but upgraded to the Hilton. Being close REALLY helped. I plan on having some food in the room I can get quickly if need be..that was the worst thing about the Expos..icky convention food, huge lines for it and they ran out of nearly everything. The food court in the Hilton is much better, but still lines. We are Sorcerers again this year and they had a little lounge for us last time but the food was really not enough to get by. I think they may have items for purchase there this year since that was a big request, but if not I'd just as soon have some bagels, cream cheese, lunchables etc in the room..hmmm..wonder if there is a fridge..

No fridges in the room :sad2:

Ahhh we were so there and saw Johnny Depp. We got interviewed at the end of the presentation and never could find it. Then a year later we were at Destination D and saw ourselves on the big screen... It was so awesome. Oh, and if anyone else was at that first Destination D, yes, that was my family who started screaming when we saw ourselves.

I can't believe that I missed this thread! I'm staying at the Hilton and we got the Sorcerer's package this year. Last time we were premiere which was nice but not as good a Sorcerers.

If you are looking for a pretty in depth TR on the 2011, I think that I did a pretty good job. The link is in my signature. I did most of the big presentations, but for a lot of those they take away your cameras and cell phones. Another good reason to be close by hotelwise, is you can leave them in your room and not have the hassle of waiting in line to get them back. Then you can go retrieve them easily. We had to wait in line for everything that wasn't in the Arena and we spent a fair amount of time in line.

There's no way to do everything and as someone ekse mentioned you have to choose becsuse most likely there will be lines, unless they have developed a FP system for the queues. There wsd even a wsit to get into the stores!

No fridges in the room :sad2:

I called the other day and they said you can pay $30 and get a fridge for the length of your stay. Not sure if there is microwave access in the lobby or anything though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter