d

PolynesianAlex

Alooooooooooohaaaaa
Just wondering if Polynesian and Floridian are so close in price why arent Polynesian guest getting the same amenities and treatment

Just wondering if Polynesian and Floridian are so close in price why arent Polynesian guest getting the same amenities and treatment

Service wise, the resorts are similar. Cast Members aren't trained differently in service between the two resorts and there is no substansial differentiator in level of service (set aside turndown, which is available upon request for Polynesian rooms).

The soft product is also very similar. The main difference is that print collateral and toiletry items are more closely branded to the Grand Floridian than the Walt Disney World Resort as a whole, as would be the case at the Polynesian.

While you may think that a 11% difference in price (where it comes to the lowest rack rate) isn't significant, I would argue that it pays for the small extras that may be noticed between the two resorts. Really though, the differences are quite small - and with the Grand Floridian being considered the flagship, some slight differentiation is to be expected.

What treatment and amenities are you talking about? What are we at the Poly not getting?

Well the only thing the Polynesian doesn't have is a health club place to work out at, so they are allowed to use the one at the Grand Floridian at no extra charge.

Polynesian doesn't have a hot tub at their pool either. If I wanted to pay inflated prices and had my choice of the 3 monorail resorts, I'd stay at the CR.

Well the only thing the Polynesian doesn't have is a health club place to work out at, so they are allowed to use the one at the Grand Floridian at no extra charge.

There is no health club, no hot tub and they also do not automatically do turn down service, it must be requested.

And no robes for regular guests either. You have to stay in CL for that. ;)

There is no health club, no hot tub and they also do not automatically do turn down service, it must be requested.
Well with the exception of the Grand Floridian none of the other Deluxe Resorts do automatic turn down service, so if your not staying Club Level then it needs to be requested.

Personally, I feel I get more at Polynesian. Not one of the things mentioned is important to me. If I had the money to pick either GF or Poly, I'd pick Poly in a heartbeat because GF lacks the things that are important to me - nostalgia, smell, tropical/relaxed feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter