D-Zone...what do you think?

Looks a little... Thrown together. Ops at their finest. Out of place, awkward, and unsightly. It's not designed to be there and it shows too. With that said, I have no problem with the concept. I think it should be a great place to cool down. (I've done just that myself in the past in that room) So 8 for concept, 2 for execution.

Looks a little... Thrown together. ..... So 8 for concept, 2 for execution.

You think that looks bad? Have you seen the one in MK? It looks like they scoured a warehouse full of old, discarded props to furnish it with. Some call it whimsical. I think it's tacky.

I like it a lot! It's a good place to chill out if you're waiting on something and don't have anything left to do before, say, your FP+ slot opens up or you have to get to an ADR.

You think that looks bad? Have you seen the one in MK? It looks like they scoured a warehouse full of old, discarded props to furnish it with. Some call it whimsical. I think it's tacky.
Yeah they may have taken the Circus theme too far... With that said, they tried to really make it feel like it belonged even if it missed the mark. This one is more out of place, and you can tell no effort whatsoever went into it. Just lame.

There is something wrong with this space. It is well intentioned:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...y/05mar2015-storybook-circus-d-zone/23564.htm

I don't get the need for charging stations. My $10 Samsung flip phone can go days before needing a recharge, so why not just charge up in the room?

;)

The one at Hollywood Studios (Soundstage Lounge) is even more poorly executed. It is uUsing the front lobby of the old Jack Sparrow attraction that closed a year ago (with a few curtains, a few black and white Walt Disney photo reprints and a few old props visible)

The one at Hollywood Studios (Soundstage Lounge) is even more poorly executed. It is uUsing the front lobby of the old Jack Sparrow attraction that closed a year ago (with a few curtains, a few black and white Walt Disney photo reprints and a few old props visible)

I saw the photos of the DHS spot. That is the saddest, poorest excuse for a rest/ recharge site that I have seen yet. Absolutely no excuse for the lack of attention paid to this. Looks like a neglected, run down waiting room .

Didn't they say Innoventions West was closing, to be replaced by "new experiences" ???

:duck:

Didn't they say Innoventions West was closing, to be replaced by "new experiences" ???

:duck:
Lol, if this is all it ends up being I'll be disappointed. I would pay attention to the fact that Disney seems committed to bring new experiences to Innoventions with Colortopia, and there's a chunk of the 3 Billion that could go to Innoventions. One can hope at least. If not, I guess we should get excited about future lounges!

Wellll - both EPCOT and HS.... I fear that "Park your Butt" spots are the new answer to empty buildings. Which remain empty buildings.
Several chairs and a trash can or two do not equate to valid attractions.

Since they are apparently not capable, anymore, of introducing anything innovative at Innoventions, its a good use of empty space. A place to get out of the heat or rain, recharge, and do nothing.

With all the vacant real estate at DHS, they should have no problem putting one of these places over there, either. I wonder where they could put one in AK. Somewhere in the Oasis would make sense. Which of course means they'd probably put it out in Conservation Station. ;)
AT DHS they put the D-Zone where the old Jack Sparrow pre-show waiting area was.

And...it looks about as well themed as a third world airport waiting lounge.

The D-Zone at Epcot looks just as bad.

I don't like it, it looks so cheap. It has no theming at all, D Zone looks like something you'd see at a flea market.

Last edited:
Posted this on another forum:

Fair/Unfair comparison:

Tokyo Disney's idea of a Lounge:
BO2jfkjCUAAhlMp.jpg

vs WDW's idea of a Lounge (at DHS)
CI6uT8lWUAAzPlw.jpg

Ok, yes, one is temporary, but we all know how long some "temporary" things last at WDW. Anyone with a $500 budget and a trip to Ikea could do LOADS better than this.

Posted this on another forum:

Fair/Unfair comparison:

Tokyo Disney's idea of a Lounge:
BO2jfkjCUAAhlMp.jpg

vs WDW's idea of a Lounge (at DHS)
CI6uT8lWUAAzPlw.jpg

Ok, yes, one is temporary, but we all know how long some "temporary" things last at WDW. Anyone with a $500 budget and a trip to Ikea could do LOADS better than this.

I walked in there yesterday just to see what it was. As I left I told the attendant they should have had that available for Star Wars Weekends. I hope they plan to have more locations like this once they start expanding the park. A Star Wars themed one would be Epic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter