Czech Republic, Austria trip questions

Skatetigger

Mouseketeer
Hi folks-

For anyone who's been on the trip to the Czech Republic and Austria, I have a few questions.

1-What was the dinner dress, did you need any "nice" clothes or could you just use what you wore during the day
2-Did any of the hotels have a laundry that you could use or was it just a laundry service in all of them
3-In the trip report I read sounds like you were on the road most mornings by 8 am, is that the case.
4-Did anyone have to arrange transportation from the Ritz to the airport= for any post nights? Since I am using points ABD won't arrange.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

1. I would do at least business casual. You don't need a tie and there's no "formal" night like for a cruise. Some of the places you dine; you may have to walk to, so you'll want to be comfortable....like the zoo and your first night's dinner. Although you can, you don't have to wear the same clothes...you'll have down time before meals. Some place will be more casual dinning then others.
2. Yes....not free but same day service...part of the disney magic! They'll do just about anything they can for you..if you ask. The hotels are all 4/5 stars...nice and for the business traveler.
3. I think there was only one or two early monrings (8 am.) The rest were mid morning...but I can't recall the exact times/days.
4. Really? We used points for one trip and they never told us that, but we spent a few extra days driving Austria. Anyway, the Ritz is an incredible hotel...I watched the concierge arrange an entire trip..train/air fare/hotel for guests before they arrange a car delivery for me. You can take the train, taxi, or rental car to the airport. You can arrange it in advance or let the Ritz staff do it for you. A+ hotel staff.

Hi folks-

For anyone who's been on the trip to the Czech Republic and Austria, I have a few questions.

1-What was the dinner dress, did you need any "nice" clothes or could you just use what you wore during the day
2-Did any of the hotels have a laundry that you could use or was it just a laundry service in all of them
3-In the trip report I read sounds like you were on the road most mornings by 8 am, is that the case.
4-Did anyone have to arrange transportation from the Ritz to the airport= for any post nights? Since I am using points ABD won't arrange.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Hi there I thought I would give you another reply to add-on with my experiences (these are from one of the first trips to go on this tour in early July 2014)
1. Definitely not fancy, business casual is a good way to describe it. It was cold and rainy for most of our trip, so we usually wanted to change for dinner to feel dry and cleaned up. There was one day where we did not go back to the hotel before dinner.
2. Not sure if there was self service laundry, but all the hotels are very nice hotels and had a laundry service - we used them a couple of times.
3. My memory is serving me differently than the poster above, I do remember most of our mornings being early. I think we were always out the door by 8:30 or 9 (maybe one day where we had 9:30). This trip was go, go, go we definitely were dragging the kids out of bed to get breakfast and head out.
4. We did not arrange our own transportation, but the Ritz will be very happy to help with that. Wonderful hotel with excellent service.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Hilary

I'd double check on ABD arranging transport on post days. If it's the same hotel, they should.

I had thought so as well but the ABD lady checked and said no, only the pre-nights. However I may try again :). I can stay there for free as opposed to their slightly over inflated rates, so very frustrated that they will not arrange the transportation given it's the same hotel.

Hi there I thought I would give you another reply to add-on with my experiences (these are from one of the first trips to go on this tour in early July 2014)
1. Definitely not fancy, business casual is a good way to describe it. It was cold and rainy for most of our trip, so we usually wanted to change for dinner to feel dry and cleaned up. There was one day where we did not go back to the hotel before dinner.
2. Not sure if there was self service laundry, but all the hotels are very nice hotels and had a laundry service - we used them a couple of times.
3. My memory is serving me differently than the poster above, I do remember most of our mornings being early. I think we were always out the door by 8:30 or 9 (maybe one day where we had 9:30). This trip was go, go, go we definitely were dragging the kids out of bed to get breakfast and head out.
4. We did not arrange our own transportation, but the Ritz will be very happy to help with that. Wonderful hotel with excellent service.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Hilary
Thanks for the added perspective. I am hoping a couple have self serve laundry. A bit weird sending undergarments and gym clothes out via a laundry service :)

I had thought so as well but the ABD lady checked and said no, only the pre-nights. However I may try again :). I can stay there for free as opposed to their slightly over inflated rates, so very frustrated that they will not arrange the transportation given it's the same hotel.

Well, if you're getting free nights, you're coming out ahead even if you pay for transport to the airport. So I guess that's good. Go through the hotel or viator.com to book. They have lots or airport transport available to book in every major city, really.

Well, if you're getting free nights, you're coming out ahead even if you pay for transport to the airport. So I guess that's good. Go through the hotel or viator.com to book. They have lots or airport transport available to book in every major city, really.
Oh totally agree paying for the transport with the free nights is definitely better, but it's the principal of it that really bugs me. We pay a good amount to go on these trips and then just because you don't want to pay as much as they want to charge, somehow you can't get what "technically" is included. I am just changing the day I am leaving.

According to DisneyKevin, the new policy that includes transfers when you book your own hotel *is* only for pre-days. If you book your own post-days, then you're on your own. That's always been how ABD's handled it (whether I agree with that or not is a different matter).

Check this post in his thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/ab...rs-beginning-6-15-2015.3397916/#post-53405623

Sayhello

If they can do it for pre days, why not post? Ridiculous. I agree, they can do it for the amount we pay them.

According to DisneyKevin, the new policy that includes transfers when you book your own hotel *is* only for pre-days. If you book your own post-days, then you're on your own. That's always been how ABD's handled it (whether I agree with that or not is a different matter).

Check this post in his thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/ab...rs-beginning-6-15-2015.3397916/#post-53405623

Sayhello
Thanks Sayhello-you had helped me before on this question and i had read the initial response incorrectly when I spoke to them. I was just hoping i might be able to call back and work some please please please magic :).

A taxi from the Prague airport to the Marriott is about $20.00 for three in a mini van. Tons of taxis and friendly drivers. Prague is one city where we found many speak English and easy to get around. Plus if you book the hotel in Prague on your own it is much cheaper. Loved, loved, loved Prague.

Thanks Sayhello-you had helped me before on this question and i had read the initial response incorrectly when I spoke to them. I was just hoping i might be able to call back and work some please please please magic :).
I *totally* understand! It never hurts to ask please please please please. :teeth:

Sayhello

ABD does not provide transfers when post nights are booked on your own.

As these things are openly discussed here, doing this for one guest would open a flood gate.

ABD does not provide transfers when post nights are booked on your own.

As these things are openly discussed here, doing this for one guest would open a flood gate.

Oh yeah I don't really expect them to :), but nice to dream. :) Do they give any logic for why they don't do post nights. It's the same hotel.

Oh yeah I don't really expect them to :), but nice to dream. :) Do they give any logic for why they don't do post nights. It's the same hotel.

I would venture that ABD doesn't arrange for airport transfers on post days because the Adventure Guides are on to their next tour. They are still on duty to make sure each party is sent on their way the last morning of the trip, whether it be after breakfast, or like us last year, giving us a "boxed breakfast" because our flight was so early.
:tinker:

We weren't on an ABD tour, but recently flew out of Prague. Our hotel arranged for a private transfer for us at a cost of $48.

We are going to visit Austria in March. Maybe someone can share some good ways how to do it on a budget. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter