Cypress Pointe

ahill004

DIS Veteran
Anyone stayed at Cypress pointe recently that would care to share their thoughts? My in-laws offered us a 3 bedroom (their timeshare) for our stay in Disney this December. We have two small girls and I was wondering how nice the actual rooms and the pools are at this resport.
Also how long a drive is it to the Disney parks? I believe the furthest is AK?

it still gets some great reviews.

it is very nice. - the 3-bedroom is too. the only problem the master suite is as far as possible from the 2 beds where i think your girls would sleep - so bring a monitor

or don't sleep in the master - and just sleep next door in the other bedroom.

had a very enjoyable stay here.

forgot no elevators in Cypress Pointe - so be prepared to walk steps

this is a link with reviews
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=cypress+pointe,+Orlando,+fl&sub-search=Go

It is not far from WDW property at all.

here is a map
http://map.mapnetwork.com/destination/orlando/consumer/disney/
for some reason cypress pointe is not on it - but blue tree resort at LBV is (Westgate strikes again) - it is across the street

Are you staying in Phase I or II? We are staying in Phase II (2 BR) starting on Saturday, and I'll be writing a full review.

We stayed at Cypress Point Grand Villas (Phase 2, across the street from Phase 1, which is just called Cypress Point).

We loved it! Our kids were 7 & 9 when we stayed there. Beautiful rooms and beautiful resort. 5 mins to DTD via Apopka-Vineland and Hotel Blvd. Very, very easy to get to and from the parks.

If their timeshare unit is in the Grand Villas section, there are elevators.

Anyone stayed at Cypress pointe recently that would care to share their thoughts? My in-laws offered us a 3 bedroom (their timeshare) for our stay in Disney this December. We have two small girls and I was wondering how nice the actual rooms and the pools are at this resport.
Also how long a drive is it to the Disney parks? I believe the furthest is AK?

The units were totally renovated in 2004-5. With the 3 bedroom (Phase 1) you get all new appliances, entertainment equipment, soft goods, etc. If your girls are young you may want to use the third bedroom (lock off) which is directly across from the 2nd bedroom and, like the master bedroom, features a king sized bed and adds other features such as a private balcony.

There are three pools with the signature Volcano pool being the most popular. That one features a working "Volcano" and has slides. Two more are located in Phase two - Grande Villas - and all the features of both resorts are available to all guests. Downtown Disney is 1 mile away - it's about 5 minutes to Magic Kingdom. It is one of the great locations in Orlando as the area offers the ability to walk to almost any service and is very pedestrian friendly - most areas away from International Drive are not.

Thank you for the quick responses. It is saving us a TON to stay there but since I cannot find a lot of updated pictures (and I am typically skeptical of timeshares for some reason) it had me nervous.
I don't know what phase we are staying in but I would love to see your review QT Pooh!! I will definitely be waiting for that.
Also, can someone tell me who big the rooms are b/c I did hear that one of the rooms is REALLY small. And yes, my girls are young (2 and 4 at travel time) so we don't want to be too far from them! I don't have any idea how the condo is set up - another thing that makes me nervous. But everyone here is making me feel much better. THank you!!

The setups for the 2 phases are different.

We stayed in the grande villas phase ii section. The 3 bedroom was gigantic. Really, if you are there, you'd only need 2 BR unless your kids can't share a room. The master has a king bed, large tub and patio. The LR also has a screened patio. The second bedroom has 2 twins. It's small compared to a hotel room with 2 double/queen beds, but perfectly fine for 2 children. My niece & nephew share this room. My SIL & MIL shared the king room. DH & I shared the 3rd bedroom/lockoff, which is separated from the living area by a door. It had its own kitchenette, full bath, soaking tub, TV, etc. Really I don't know what I would do with this area if we were just a family of 4.

It sounds like phase i has a different layout.

Here are more details
http://www.cypresspointe.net/phase.html

Floorplans for all units:
http://cypresspointe2.com/floorplans.html

We just returned from 1 week at Cypress Pointe - 6 nights in Phase II (CPGV) and 1 night in CPR (Phase I). We have always stayed in Phase II and LOVE it - DFIL owns there. I was anxious to see CPR for ourselves and finally had the chance due to a booking mistake on DFIL's part. I'm glad we had only 1 night there - we didn't like it at all!

The 2nd bedroom was extremely small - our boys are 12 and 14 and couldn't even move in there. The kitchen and living room areas were also smaller. The worst part for us was the open bathroom in the master bedroom and lock-off 3rd bedroom. I love DH dearly but I also want my privacy at certain times! The shower (glass doors) and tub are "in" the bedroom and the toilet only has a small dividing wall - no door!! We will never stay there again!

We also enjoyed the pools at night much better in Phase II. Not as many people and the hot tub in one section is so much bigger. The mini golf course and activity center are also in Phase II. As a PP mentioned Phase II also has elevators.

In Phase II the master bedroom is closer to the 2nd bedroom - just walk through the living room. I also agree that the 2 bedroom is perfect for a family of 4-5 people. Maybe have your parents use the 3rd bedroom (lock-off) while you're there. My in-laws did this when our kids were young - they loved going to the parks with their grandchildren and it's much easier with extra adults. They would also babysit for us 1 or 2 nights so DH and I could go out to dinner. We all have wonderful memories of those trips together, especially now that DMIL has passed away.

Sorry this got so long - I love CPGV and have stayed there at least 10 times. After 1 night at CPR I will never go back (just because of the layout).

We just returned from 1 week at Cypress Pointe - 6 nights in Phase II (CPGV) and 1 night in CPR (Phase I). We have always stayed in Phase II and LOVE it - DFIL owns there. I was anxious to see CPR for ourselves and finally had the chance due to a booking mistake on DFIL's part. I'm glad we had only 1 night there - we didn't like it at all!

The 2nd bedroom was extremely small - our boys are 12 and 14 and couldn't even move in there. The kitchen and living room areas were also smaller. The worst part for us was the open bathroom in the master bedroom and lock-off 3rd bedroom. I love DH dearly but I also want my privacy at certain times! The shower (glass doors) and tub are "in" the bedroom and the toilet only has a small dividing wall - no door!! We will never stay there again!

We also enjoyed the pools at night much better in Phase II. Not as many people and the hot tub in one section is so much bigger. The mini golf course and activity center are also in Phase II. As a PP mentioned Phase II also has elevators.

In Phase II the master bedroom is closer to the 2nd bedroom - just walk through the living room. I also agree that the 2 bedroom is perfect for a family of 4-5 people. Maybe have your parents use the 3rd bedroom (lock-off) while you're there. My in-laws did this when our kids were young - they loved going to the parks with their grandchildren and it's much easier with extra adults. They would also babysit for us 1 or 2 nights so DH and I could go out to dinner. We all have wonderful memories of those trips together, especially now that DMIL has passed away.

Sorry this got so long - I love CPGV and have stayed there at least 10 times. After 1 night at CPR I will never go back (just because of the layout).

Okay - once again I feel I am reading conflicting stories about this resort.....I have 4 kids - 2 14 year old girls and 2 teen boys ages 16 and 17......

Is the set-up THAT bad? Could I maybe string a shower curtain over something to create shower/toilet privacy in either master bedroom.....will my girls have a canary?

I have a 3 bedroom reserved for less than $100 per night at phase 1.....I know it is a great price but dont want to trade money for a peaceful vacation. We stayed at a condo in Kissimmee last time for "free" from a friend (just paid him enough for the cleaners to come in after we left). Although having 4 bedrooms was great....the pool closed at 5 o'clock. Only 2 televisions of which only one received cable. No shop/pizza place....nothing. I tried not to look a gift horse in the mouth but it was SOOO not vacationey that I regretted cancelling Cypress Pointe at $129 a night for a 3 bedroom.

I would love any and all advice....the time is coming near that Disney will release whatever discounts/packages they have intended for this summer....I am trying to form an intelligent decision before then.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Okay - once again I feel I am reading conflicting stories about this resort.....I have 4 kids - 2 14 year old girls and 2 teen boys ages 16 and 17......

Is the set-up THAT bad? Could I maybe string a shower curtain over something to create shower/toilet privacy in either master bedroom.....will my girls have a canary?

I have a 3 bedroom reserved for less than $100 per night at phase 1.....I know it is a great price but dont want to trade money for a peaceful vacation. We stayed at a condo in Kissimmee last time for "free" from a friend (just paid him enough for the cleaners to come in after we left). Although having 4 bedrooms was great....the pool closed at 5 o'clock. Only 2 televisions of which only one received cable. No shop/pizza place....nothing. I tried not to look a gift horse in the mouth but it was SOOO not vacationey that I regretted cancelling Cypress Pointe at $129 a night for a 3 bedroom.

I would love any and all advice....the time is coming near that Disney will release whatever discounts/packages they have intended for this summer....I am trying to form an intelligent decision before then.

Some people realy seem to get upset over the design of two of the three bathrooms at CPR. Is it the norm? No. It was sold as a "european" design - yet many of the complaints are from European guests. Who knows where it came from.

It is NOT such a bad set up. If it truly upsets you use the third - traditional bathroom. Instead of a wall and door on the toilet/bath area the setup uses an angled wall. It does tend to allow more sound to escape than a traditional bathroom but it is hardly a reason to give up the more highly rated and better equipped resort for a more dated and older resort (in unit age) next door.

We have owned at CPR since 1993. The bath layouts seemed strange when we first saw it but, after a day or two and in literally 30+ weeks of stays we don't even think about it anymore. We have also stayed at CPGV and found the lack of activity around that resort and the lack of many newer features at that resort to be far more troubling than the bathroom layout differences. We prefer the resort with the Clubhouse and most of the other signature features and find we end up spending more time at CPR than CPGV when not in the unit. If you prefer a less active area (and of course the elevators vs stairs and the bath differences) then CPGV may be a good fit. But to us the "real" Cypress Pointe is the original, three story buildings surrounded by the ponds, the Volcano pool, the Clubhouse and more. The fact that the CPR units are much newer and better equipped is just the icing on the cake.

I haven't stayed in phase I, but it seems like if it's girls sharing one room and boys sharing another, it should be fine. It looks like you can't see the toilet area from outside the bedroom. The floorplans show the partial wall.

Also, as mentioned, there is the hall bath with a door that isn't connected to a bedroom.

If it's a good deal, give it a shot. The girls should be fine.

In a 3 bedroom unit in Phase I there is one "regular" bathroom with a locking door. The other two bathrooms are off to the side in the bedrooms, but don't have doors (other than locking the actual bedroom door). We're a family of 6 and it wasn't a problem for us as far as privacy went. We just used the "regular" bathroom when we wanted privacy.

My girls LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Cypress Pointe! We had a room on the second floor facing the pool and we were in heaven. It was especially nice to have the balconies facing the pool. I would not hesitate to stay there again. BTW, in a 3 bedroom there are a total of 4 TVs. 3 get cable and one has a built in DVD player and is for watching movies only. The pools close at 11pm and the volcano pool is AWESOME. I really don't think you'll be disappointed. Have a great trip!

I've stayed in both CPV and CPGV. Even with the bathroom setup I prefer CPV for the large TV and surround sound. There is a lock on the bedroom door or you could use the other bathroom. The biggest advantage for CPGV for me are the elevators.

I think it's great that you've received feedback from people who like CPR and people who don't care for it. I think the best answer is to give it a try and form your own opinion. Cypress Pointe (IMHO) is a great location, has nice pools and activities and you can use pools at both CPR and CPGV. It is a 5 min drive to DTD and there are back roads to take if you plan to go to Sea World or Universal. Tons of restaurants nearby and a Winn-Dixie grocery store (which is usually pretty quiet) right next door.

Have a great trip!

most timeshares are set up this way. Marriott and HGVC definitely are.

an open bath, and a clean shower. that is another reason to love Disney - they have a small wall and definitely doors to their bathrooms.

now the lockoff bedroom does care it to the extreme - it is basically a bed with a bathroom. Not what I would call another 1-bedroom or even a studio.
heck even the bath tub here is tiny. and I like to take baths - not possible in this room.

but it is definitely closer (across the hall) from the second bedroom. It is small. but since your kids are small - I really think they will love it.

to be able to enjoy the real master bedroom - you really need to take a baby monitor with you.

hope you get what you want!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter