Cypress Point Or Liki Tiki....

leanne11

<font color=green>Always remember to use the net t
MAY, we have 2 kids 5 and 10 so we need 2 bdrms. both look the same but liki tiki has the water area, looks nice ..any suggestions?

With our experience this past July I would never recommend LIki Tiki. I just had friends go down to Cypress Pointe Grand Villas and loved it. The activities for the kids was great and the rooms were clean and did not smell musty like LIKI TIKI. We were not in the new high rise at LIKI TIKI but it was not a townhouse either, which is worse.
As my husband told the salesman manager "that his skin crawled when he walked into the lobby". It was very dark, cluttered and did not look clean. Yes, we are used to Disney's vacation club and home away from homes, so we are spoiled but as I said I would never recommend Liki Tiki. By the way the "water Park" did not look like much more that one large pool with sections for different fountains or slides or activities. My kids are older so we only walked by it.
good luck with your choice.

Your 5 & 10 year olds will love the waterpark at Liki Tiki. It is made for kids under 10 or 12. I agree with the previous poster, the rooms are not the best. The townhouses are aweful, the highrises are OK, but will be deteriorated in 20 years, like the townhouses are now. If you decide on Liki Tiki, make sure you are in a highrise, or go elsewhere. Liki Tiki does not have a restaurant on campus, just a snack bar at the pool. They serve sandwiches, fries, beer, and other snacks. You will have to drive to eat, unless you cook in the room. Good luck.

Just back from cypress pt grand villas. My kids are 2 and 7. I loved it!!! clean, modern lots of room for everyobne. The pool in our complex was never really crowded. The main pool has 3 great slides and a volcano. Although we didn't do activities they did have them. miniature golf etc.... I would highly recommend it

Hi JCanary! Gotta agree with you on Liki again (as we have done so many times before). All I can say is go back into the history and look at our previous problems. I wrote to the management with all the problems as well as the poor condition of our building and I got what amounted to a "kiss off" letter. If you stay there good luck!

Is Cypress Pointe Grand Villas the same location as Cypress Pointe? I found a good rate there, but I did not see any water slides, just the Volcano. If they have slides, then this may be the place to be for us. Liki Tiki looks great for my kids, but I am worried about the rooms, from what I hear. What are the slides like?

trying to bump this thread because i'm interested in the pool slides at the Cypress pointe as well. We are going the first week of may and I'm hoping the pools are nice.
Stayed at the Caribe two years ago and loved the pool there and think we'll be disappointed if the pools at Cypress aren't as nice.

thanks,

Yes they have 3 slides in the main pool area. As well as a volcano. it tends to get crowded during day so watch if you have little ones since ther eis no life guard. We went at night and it was much better. You can access this pool at Cp or CPGV

harrynme, I hate to be a bother, but, can you tell me more about the slides. I saw a picture of two that were tunnels. Can you tell me what the third is like. Is it open-air, or is it a tunnel? Is it big? Thank you so much. If my kids would like the slides this will probably be the way to go. Liki Tiki looks great for the water park, my kids are small. But I am nervous about staying there now.

Zaxmom,

Here is my take on Liki Tiki. If you are in one of the townhouses, run away or ask to be changed which is what we did. Try to get there early so that you can see what unit you are getting and if it is bad, you have time to bump someone else from their unit.

If you are in a high rise, especially one of the newer ones, they are fine.

Our kids (2 and 5) loved the pools there.

It is a basic resort that is a little out of the way but...

I agree that the lobby is a bit old and rundown but how often are you in the lobby?

Your unit and the pools are what should concern you and the pools are good for young kids while the units can be good if you get into the high rise.

Thanks so much for asking about the slides it's funny how important that is to me too, about the pool, did you bring towels from your room at c.p. and did you see anywhere to rent the life jackets? I hate to bring the bulky thing if they had them there...any one take notice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter