Cutting it close????

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Bo'sMom, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Bo'sMom

Bo'sMom DIS Veteran

If I book an 11:35 a.m. flight back home would I be cutting it close?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. barkley

barkley DIS Veteran<br><font color=orange>If I ever have a

i think the literature says not to book for anything prior to 1p.m.-you usualy get to the airport earlier but you could get delayed as we did on our last trip (chosen for random luggage search-they emptied every suitcase and went through each item peice by peice, we then had to repack everything).

4. thomprod

thomprod DIS Veteran

Yes. It is possible for you to make it, given an ideal arrival, customs clearance, luggage transfer and transportation to MCO, but I would book a later flight and avoid the stress.

5. djs113

djs113 Luvs to Cruise on the Magic !

I have taken an 11:30 flight home on my last 2 cruises without a problem

but you can not predict problems as the above posters have mentioned

- David

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

DCL just booked me on an 11:45 flight. I even questioned them--they called to ask if it was ok and I pointed out what the literature says. They have assurred me there will be no problem.

I once made a 9:30 flight (was scheduled on 12:30, but was there and they put me on the earlier one). On another cruise, the big doors weren't open at 9:30!

So...the answer is yes, probably. But you can't totally count on it.

7. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

We barely made a 12:35 flight.

We had 2 problems

1) While disembarkation started promptly at 8, there was a 45 minute line to get off the ship. Got to the airport at 10:15.

2) There was a 90 minute line to clear security at Orlando airport. We literally walked right onto our plane.

8. twinglez

twinglez Mouseketeer

It might depend on the airport.

We have an 11:15 flight out of Long Beach which is about 30 mins from port. From expeirience with this airport I can arrive 45 mins ahead of time and check in. 30 mins with carry ons. Small airport.

I plan to speak with the steward before hand re: needing to leave with the first group due to the flight time. I am not expecting a problem.