Cute shoes for Disney parks?

Elliotsmommy

Earning My Ears
Hi, Dis'ers! My husband, 19-month-old and I (not to mention extended family) will be in Disney the week before Halloween and at this point, I am focusing on PRIORITIES, which means of course, that I need shoe suggestions ;).

So...any recommendations for cute, comfy shoes that are park appropriate but also appropriate for running after a toddler? (I will be honest: I have tons of sandals for play, heels for work and running shoes for exercise, and that's about it.)

ANY suggestions (Crocs? cute Pumas?) would be appreciated.

While I haven't personally tried them...I know a number of people who like the glitter Toms for the parks. I'm also trying to break in a cute pair of pink plaid Sperry's for our upcoming trip.

Who cares about cute! All you should care about for Disney days is comfort.

I would wear your running shoes if they are comfortable or some other pair of tennis shoes.

Who cares about cute! All you should care about for Disney days is comfort.

I would wear your running shoes if they are comfortable or some other pair of tennis shoes.

This. Hands down! No one will be looking at your shoes.

I chased after my toddler at WDW last year in a pair of Bare Traps. They offered comfort and good support but were nice enough that I wore them with a simple cotton dress for dinner one evening.

I wore my Naot sandals every day except for one where I tried my Danskos and ended up with blisters. Back to my Naots and my feet felt great. Cool, light, and extremely comfortable. My running shoes are for running and I don't find them comfortable if I walk in them for a long time.

I have been wondering the same thing. I live in flip flops, but am not used to walking miles a day in them. I may take my running shoes, but would like something else also. I did order TOMS and they felt really cheap to me, so they are going back.

We like Crocs and wear them all day through the parks. They are ugly but super comfy. Plus they can get wet and I hate soggy sneakers and socks. My son has the Mickey ones.

croc.jpg

Just returned from 10 days of hot, humid, wet weather. Hubby wore Tevas, my twins & I wore Keens. I still can't believe how comfortable the Keens were and hubby said the same for his Tevas. The one night they got wet they were still damp the next day but no problems wearing them again.
Crocs are great for short, hot days but I wouldn't recommend them for longer than 4-5 hours and they slip more on wet pavements. My girls have regular Crocs and the above pictured Mickey ones and find the Mickey ones to be "sweatier". The regular Crocs have more holes for breath-ability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter