Customized maps

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by cbmamainnf, Mar 30, 2013.

1. cbmamainnf

cbmamainnf Earning My Ears

It sucks that they will not send the customized maps to Canada.....the ones I printed just are not as good.....sigh

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vacation_junkie

vacation_junkie Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

We have had them shipped to our Disney Resort before. They are a great keepsake.

4. KNovacovschi

KNovacovschi DIS Veteran

How far in advance did you order them to have them shipped to your resort?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. cbmamainnf

Good idea!! I think I will do that!

6. vacation_junkie

Every year we also order from places that normally do not ship to Canada.
    We usually order our Disney Souvenirs from the Disney store / Outlet online and have them shipped to the resort as well. Thats takes care of the bulk of the Souvenirs that we usually buy for everyone back at home. Last trip we bought Aluminum water bottles for $2.99 each ..nice hoodies for the kids for $7.99 on clearance..we found lots of cute stuff for super cheap.

I also do that with Disney trading pins.. We buy them off Ebay for a fraction of the price in Disney...and have them shipped right to the resort.

Its fun having packages waiting for you when you arrive.

I usually order my Disney stuff 2 weeks before our date of arrival. Its always been waiting for us when we arrive!

7. kimmer

kimmer always planning our next trip...

The maps in the passporter are the best. I bought a copy and then realized that I really just want the maps from the book. So I colour photocopied the park maps, then returned the book to the store :laughing:

I shrank down the copy to about 8"x6" and pasted our touring plan on the backside, then laminated it. Awesome park cards. They don't get wrinkled, wet or damaged, and they fit perfectly in our backpack.

They are the best map by far! They have the attraction/store/restaurant names right on the icons on the map, so you don't have to be constantly cross checking with a legend.

Also, gives you the approximate travel time between attractions, stores and restaurants.

But, yes, it is a real bummer that we can't order the customizable maps!! :furious:

8. monkeyman200

monkeyman200 Earning My Ears

Pardon my ignorance, but where do I find these maps? What website?

9. kimmer

kimmer always planning our next trip...

10. cbmamainnf

Love he idea of he sending it to be resort early...esp keepsakes....Will def have to do it. DO you just have it delivered to the resort c/o you?

11. vacation_junkie

yes...see below. This is what my last one read in the shipping portion on all my orders...

Disn. Caribbean Beach Resort
    Arvl 01/21/13 #6LM15208
    Attn: Guest (Mrs..xxxx)
    900 Cayman Way
    Orlando, FL 32830-8411
    United States

12. Malakaiii

Malakaiii Mouseketeer

That's really helpful to ship to the hotel!

Did the resort charge you any fees for receiving your parcels?

13. vacation_junkie

No, most will accept and hold your packages for free. We have shipped to all the values and mod's and have never had a problem. Except Coronado springs..since its technically a convention centre they charge to hold packages.
    I usually do my online ordering 2 weeks before we go...packages usually take a week or so to get there. I print off the delivery confirmations and bring them with me..they hold the packages for up to 2 weeks for you.
    We do this every year. Love it!

14. cbmamainnf

Thanks for the advice!! I will definately do this!