• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Wait Times for POC Ride

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Anyone visit in the last week or so who can report on the length of line @ POC?

I luv the ride, one of DHs fav. and he wants to ride it @ least twice each time we're there; i just dread the thought of standing in line.

Last June we waited nearly an hour to ride POC, assumed it was because of movie release.

Last October around Columbus Day it was even worse.:scared1:

It gets soooooo hot in that winding line, why don't they set up FP for this attraction?????????

We were there Memorial Day weekend and the week that follows. We rode POC several times with minimal wait. I think the longest was 20 minutes at the most.

When we were at MK the day before Memorial Day, this was the very first ride we hit. The afternoon parade was going on when we arrived, and the wait may have been 10 minutes.

Yikes! I can't believe those long wait times! I haven't been since the addition of Johnny Depp, so I really don't know, but in the past, we have always just pretty much walked right on at any time. Tops 5 min wait. Hope someone out there has good news?

We were there during Spring Break. DH and I went just before Wishes. There was no line at all at that time and there had been a line out the door all day.

during christmas week the wait was over 2 hours. some said 3, but i found that too hard to believe. i rode it with my son at night and we waited about 25 min.

but earlier in the day the line went forever outside the attaction. it was LLLLOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

We were there this past Thursday. The posted wait time was 20 minutes, and we only waited about 10. All last week we found the posted times to be longer than the actual wait. Many things posted a 30-40 minute wait and we only waited about 10-20 minutes

On Memorial Day (May 28th), we stopped walking in the queue at the point where you can peer over the top of the wall and see the boats being launched. I couldn't see my watch but it was definitely less than ten minutes but probably longer than five minutes. That was around lunchtime and it was our first attraction at the park after stopping at Casey's for a hot dog and fries.

Posted times this weekend were in the 20-30 min range with the actual wait itself being in the 15 min range.

We were there the Wednesday after Memorial Day. PoC was our second ride of the day after Haunted Mansion. I think we waited less than 10 minutes. But the line kept moving so it seemed as if we just walked right on.

We went on the ride at around 10:30 on 5/26/07 and basically walked right on. The line was continuously moving. It was less than 5 mins. from the time we walked in until we go in a boat.

We went during Pres week and it was about a 10-15 min wait.

A tip I learned here on the DIS for lessening wait time on POTC...use the line on the right!

The way the entrance is set up, when you walk *straight* through the entrance building and follow the crowd, you end up in the left line. When you are in the entrance building, just before entering the doors (provided that the line doesn't extend past the doors-if it does, ride something else, it's too long anyway) move over to the right and use the doors on the right side. Knowing this in advance, I watched the crowd ahead of us- probably only 1 in 5 people used the right side, most just kept moving forward in a straight path, so the line must have been much shorter on the right. Of course, once you are inside the doors, and in your respective line, you have no idea how long the *other* line actually is and by the time they both get to the boats, they both look the same.

HTH, Have fun!

I went on it on Sunday (June 3rd) and it was about a 10-15 minute wait. The line moved pretty fast, so I wouldn't be worried!!!

We rode several times during Easter week and never waited more than 10 minutes and most times walked on.

TJ

When we were there in March, I guarantee some people waited a long time because the just followed the crowd in line and thought that the second line was closed (it wasn't roped off and there was no castmember there to tell them otherwise) We let some people know and no one followed us. Don't know why and my husband and I went to the no line one and got on the next boat. Keep that in mind when you are waiting in line.

I was there on Memorial Day and we pretty much more or less walked on. However the next day the wait time stated 50mins but we really only waited about 15-20 and the line was moving continuously. Hope this helped!

I noticed last week that the posted wait times were almost alway longer than the actual wait times for all rides.

I've been to WDW lots and lots of times and I've never waited longer than the posted wait time, unless of course the ride was broken, and I'd say at least 50% of the time the wait is considerably (5-10 minuts or more) shorter than the posted wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter