current & past DCP cm's if you didn't live in the dorms please read & reply

Kajunswty

Always waiting on the next magical vacation!
for those who have lived in non disney housing....where did you live? and how much did you pay for rent? i'm looking for a 1 bedroom apartment that allows small dogs. this would be for the fall program dates, july /aug - jan

my daughter will be in the dorms but we are considering renting an apartment since we'll be visiting often :D

For a 1 bedroom apartment, you'll probably be looking at something in the range of $800-1000/month. Maybe as low as $700, but that'd probably be quite a bit further away from WDW.

We were planning this option with my DD for the last year. We are there 5-6 weeks a year and she had previously lived alone in an apartment. We spent a week down there looking around. You will be talking closer to the $1000 plus utilities range. We were surprised that they said prices change daily with demand and when we looked a 4 bedroom was cheaper than a 3 bedroom. She had finally resolved that she would have to have roommates or live in DCP housing. Her boss told her to do the DCP housing so she would meet lots of people and be included in everything. It was an adjustment but it really worked out the best. No utilities or deposits to worry about. She lived in two complexes over the year.

We did spend a full week looking at apartments and driving around and first and foremost be very very careful, lots of areas wouldn't be safe for her to live especially alone. Some places we looked and were okay with were:
- Mission Village Club on International. Condos that some rent. Might have gone up now that luxury apts built all around it.
- Camden World Gateway on S International, her favorite. CM rent discount.
- Advenir at Broadwater. Older not gated but a good location on International.
- Alexandria Parc Vue at Lake Buena Vista behind MK area, some have firework view, good location, LOTS of CMs here, great amenities.
- Looked at several others that ended up being much more.
- There seemed to be nice reasonable ones on 27 in Clermont but we opted to stop looking at that point. She didn't want to be that far.

thanks for the replies...we ended up buying a travel trailer. cost wise i figured it'd be better to put the $ towards something we'd own. our DD checks in on Monday, we are leaving for a prestay @ Fort Wilderness on Thursday. TOO EXCITED :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter