• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody know if 2 adults and 3 kids are allowed on a vgt rate if I call? i can get the rate if i put in 2 kids but lose it when i have 3 listed? thanks
The *GT rooms are very hard for a family of 5 or more as if you book two rooms, you are not guaranteed to be together.

*edited to omit incorrect information

Last edited:
Anybody know if 2 adults and 3 kids are allowed on a vgt rate if I call? i can get the rate if i put in 2 kids but lose it when i have 3 listed? thanks
No, the max for a *GT booking is 4, and you will typically find more availability with 3 guests.

FLR (9)

1/30/2017 Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral FLR/I FLR/O FLR/V $1,458 (changed)
2/6/2017 Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral FLR/I $1,299 FLR/O $1,379 FLR/V $1,459

6/17/2017 Fantasy, 11-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral FLR/I $5,756 FLR/O $5,888 FLR/V $6,526
6/28/2017 Fantasy, 10-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral FLR/I $5,556 FLR/O $5,656 FLR/V $6,236

3/31/2017 Magic, 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami FLR/I $1,800 FLR/O $2,010 FLR/V $2,590 (new)
4/5/2017 Magic, 4-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Miami to San Juan FLR/I FLR/O $1,588 FLR/V $2,028 (changed)
4/9/2017 Magic, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan FLR/I $2,900 FLR/O $3,390 FLR/V $4,258
4/16/2017 Magic, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan FLR/I $2,480 FLR/O $2,774 FLR/V $3,558

2/19/2017 Wonder, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral FLR/I FLR/O $1,460 FLR/V $1,740

MTO (7)

1/30/2017 Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral MTO/I MTO/O MTO/V $1,418 (changed)
2/6/2017 Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral MTO/I $1,259 MTO/O $1,339 MTO/V $1,419

2/8/2017 Magic, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami MTO/I MTO/O MTO/V $1,381 (new)
3/31/2017 Magic, 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami MTO/I $1,800 MTO/O $2,010 MTO/V $2,590 (new)

4/5/2017 Magic, 4-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Miami to San Juan MTO/I MTO/O $1,588 MTO/V $2,028 (changed)
4/9/2017 Magic, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan MTO/I $2,900 MTO/O $3,390 MTO/V $4,258
4/16/2017 Magic, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan MTO/I $2,480 MTO/O $2,774 MTO/V $3,558

*GT (3)

2/13/017 Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral IGT $1,459 OGT VGT (changed)

4/5/2017 Magic, 4-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Miami to San Juan IGT $1,548 OGT $1,788 VGT $2,292
4/16/2017 Magic 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan IGT $2,816 OGT $3,152 VGT $4,048

I am hoping for that 11 day as well in June as well. I would do Europe too, but the problem is getting the flights.

For the Florida resident rate, does everyone in the room have to be a Florida resident? Or, only 1 person?

We just booked the 11-nighter in June at the FL resident rate!

Nice!!! That's what I'd like but I haven't been able to convince my DH. We cruised on a 7-night on the Fantasy this past summer and he thinks it's too soon. Still trying....

Nice!!! That's what I'd like but I haven't been able to convince my DH. We cruised on a 7-night on the Fantasy this past summer and he thinks it's too soon. Still trying....
We booked the lowest window cabin (insides were not that much cheaper) available. Even with the FLR rate, balconies were still out of our range.

Another question, what are the chances of the price dropping after we are paid in full (due on 2/17 for 6/17 cruise)? I guess we are out of luck for any type of adjustment, right? Just thought I would ask....

Last edited:
Another question, what are the chances of the price dropping after we are paid in full (due on 2/17 for 6/11 cruise)? I guess we are out of luck for any type of adjustment, right? Just thought I would ask....

They're pretty low; it's extremely rare for Disney to drop the standard rates at all, much less after PIF date. If they do and you notice it, they have given people onboard credit or a room upgrade on request. No guarantee. It's such a rare occurrence that it's anyone's guess.

The usual thing Disney does is offer *GT, Florida resident and military rates after PIF. If you are a Florida resident or military and one of those rates comes out, I think they will actually let you switch to those rates. *GT rates require a new booking, though. Every once in a while the *GT is such a good rate that some people save money by cancelling their current booking (thus losing the cancel fee) and rebooking with a *GT rate. Obviously that means you won't necessarily get your original cabin class (unless you were booked in the lowest type for that class), but if the *GT rate is really low, it might be worth.

They're pretty low; it's extremely rare for Disney to drop the standard rates at all, much less after PIF date. If they do and you notice it, they have given people onboard credit or a room upgrade on request. No guarantee. It's such a rare occurrence that it's anyone's guess.

The usual thing Disney does is offer *GT, Florida resident and military rates after PIF. If you are a Florida resident or military and one of those rates comes out, I think they will actually let you switch to those rates. *GT rates require a new booking, though. Every once in a while the *GT is such a good rate that some people save money by cancelling their current booking (thus losing the cancel fee) and rebooking with a *GT rate. Obviously that means you won't necessarily get your original cabin class (unless you were booked in the lowest type for that class), but if the *GT rate is really low, it might be worth.

Great info! I will have to keep watching to see what happens. Thanks.

Just did a price comparison with DCL/Fantasy and RCCL's new/huge Harmony of the Seas (window views). We are paying (Florida resident rate) $5888 for 11 nights/DCL and for 7 nights/RCCL is $2692. RCCL is only for 7 nights but we could do 2 for the price of 1 with them and still save money. Plus, we live in the Fort Lauderdale area, so there would be no driving or staying 1 night prior like there is with DCL. Just don't know if we have made a mistake?

The DCL 11-nighter goes Southern Caribbean to a lot of ports we haven't visited, if that counts for anything. Plus, this is comparing an 11-nighter to a 7-nighter.

If it wasn't for the FLR rate, we couldn't possibly even consider the 11 nights with DCL.

Comments welcome!

Last edited:
Just did a price comparison with DCL/Fantasy and RCCL's new/huge Harmony of the Seas (window views). We are paying (Florida resident rate) $5888 for 11 nights/DCL and for 7 nights/RCCL is $2692. RCCL is only for 7 nights but we could do 2 for the price of 1 with them and still save money. Plus, we live in the Fort Lauderdale area, so there would be no driving or staying 1 night prior like there is with DCL. Just don't know if we have made a mistake?

The DCL 11-nighter goes Southern Caribbean to a lot of ports we haven't visited, if that counts for anything. Plus, this is comparing an 11-nighter to a 7-nighter.

If it wasn't for the FLR rate, we couldn't possibly even consider the 11 nights with DCL.

Comments welcome!

Did you look at Celebrity? They do some 11 night Southern Caribbean cruises out of Florida. We priced an 11 night in September and 2 adults in a veranda is $3K. We are considering the 11 night on the Fantasy but the price different is crazy and I am not sure we will be able to get over it.

Heads up on the 6/17/17, 11-night Florida resident rates. We've put our deposit down but are not PIF yet. I was just looking at the DCL website to see what was still available and found that our FLR rate (for a window cabin) of $5888.56 is now $5851.30! This is due to the taxes/fees/port charges changing. I called DCL and they adjusted our ressie by $37.26. Hey - I'll take it!

What to do depends on what you value more. The disney experience or the value. I havent done a cruise with Disney with my kids yet because as a passholder I decide to just visit the parks and save the money. I check here periodically to see what specials I can get, but they haven't been tempting enough for me yet.

What to do depends on what you value more. The disney experience or the value. I havent done a cruise with Disney with my kids yet because as a passholder I decide to just visit the parks and save the money. I check here periodically to see what specials I can get, but they haven't been tempting enough for me yet.
We're passholders, too. We are Florida residents, and are lucky enough to visit WDW frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter