Current Cruise Directors

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nicnac0404, Nov 18, 2012.

1. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

Anyone who knows who will be on the wonder this summer?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Most likely, Christaan. He's the CD on the Wonder currently.

A note here about Christaan. Our first 3 cruises we had Brent, and we really loved him and his personality. I had read several comments on various threads about Christaan, and I wasn't sure it was going to be as good an experience with him.

Yes, Christiaan's style is different than Brent's, but it's totally in keeping with DCL standards. I don't remember any backflips on the 2 cruises we had with him, but in the public contact area, I was quite impressed. On our Dec cruise, we were hoping to snag a CM to take our picture in front of the Christmas tree late one night (after the late show). There was absolutly noone around. Then a couple of officers appeared on their way to somewhere. I (without really looking) just grabbed the closest one and said will you take our picture. As he said yes, I realized it was Christaan. Not only did he take the time to take the picture, he took two, because he thought the first one didn't come out so well.

Christaan also has another skill. He can play "Six degrees of separation" on the spot. You give him 2 random people and he can connect them within 6 pairings.

:cutie:

4. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

I certainly cannot explain what was going on with Christiaan when you sailed, but he has always been wonderful when we have sailed with him. He has taken the time for photos or just to chat. All I can say, is something must have been distracting him.

When did you sail with him?

5. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know who was on wonder in jan 1998 and on magic in July 1999?

6. disprincess4ever

disprincess4ever DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy in June and had Ray. As far as I know there was no assistant cruise director for our sailing. We loved Ray! I'm pretty sure my mother had a crush on him lol :rotfl2: She said he had the perfect "cruisey director" voice. He really was very friendly though. He stopped to chat in the hallway with my family one day and was gracious enough to take pictures with us and ask us what activities we were enjoying best. Overall he made a great impression.

7. TinksMomma

TinksMomma Mouseketeer

I wonder if it had to do with us being on the Inaugural sailing...more excitement and everyone was a bit hyped up? I hope that's not the case and we love him just as much the 2nd time!

8. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

my favorite CD's have to be Christiaan and Darren. I've a Christiaan a few times and Darren once on the Magic in August. On the last night of the August cruise got to chat with Darren and he said on every cruise the crew might see other cruisers more then some and I was one of the people he remembered seeing around that cruise so that was cool and Christiaan was awesome on cruises I had him on very nice to talk with an funny. Had Clayton as ACD and IMO he was more stand offish when I was on, still nice though

9. darwinsrule

darwinsrule DIS Veteran

Will always have good memories of Christiaan. Our first cruise in 2010 was after 6 days at WDW as part of a trip with my wife's relatives. Our 2.5 y old had a nap late in the day (she was just wayyy tooo excited). From about 9:30 pm on I was walking the ship with her trying to wear her out. The entire time DD is calling out "I'm coming Daisy". Met Christiaan and had a nice chat. At that point he had a newborn at home. Had a similar conversation with our server Mehmet from Turkey a few nights later. It was a reminder of the sacrifices the CM make as part of their job. Made me really appreciate the family time we get.

10. JanDave

JanDave DIS Veteran

We were on a July 1999 4 day Magic and I believe Rachel was the CD.