Current corkage fee & a couple other questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by auntsue, Oct 27, 2012.

1. auntsue

auntsue DIS Veteran

What is the current corkage fee on the Fantasy?

Do you have to pay the corkage fee if you only drink the wine you bring onboard in your cabin/verandah?

If you bring a 1.5 or 1.75 bottle? (double size), do you have to pay double the per bottle fee?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mstee777

mstee777 Mouseketeer

You only pay the $20 fee to drink your wine in the dining rooms. To drink in your room, you pay nothing.

4. auntsue

auntsue DIS Veteran

Thanks, that's great to know as DH likes to drink a glass before dinner and then get a martini or something with dinner.

5. askl293

askl293 Earning My Ears

Are you allowed to bring other types of alcohol onboard?

6. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Yep, you can bring any type you like, you must bring it on in your carry on bag, the carry on is limited in size, check the DCl website under Alcohol Policy, very informative.

Now I got a question, maybe someone knows, If I bring a bottle of wine to dinner one night and pay the corkage fee, drink half of the bottle, and bring the opened bottle back the next night for dinner, do I have to pay a corkage fee again?

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

You pay the corkage fee when you bring the BOTTLE into the dining room. You are welcome to enter the dining room carrying a glass of any beverage you choose with no fee.

You pay the fee once for each bottle. If you bring the bottle in one night and are charged, they are happy to re-cork and hold it for you till the next night--there will be no fee the next night. They will also recork and save any bottle you purchase in the dining room.

You do not pay for anything you enjoy in your room. You can bring any size bottle you wish of any legal beverage.

8. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info about them re-corking and holding the bottle for the next night, I was not sure if they did that. Perfect.:firefight

9. taylorfam

taylorfam Earning My Ears

I thought you could bring an already open bottle of wine to the dining room and avoid the corkage fee.....is that correct?

10. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

No, if it's the first time you bring it into the dining room, you will be charged the "corkage fee" even if they don't actually open it for you.

:cutie:

11. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

lol...we always managed to finish the bottle :P