Current best off site seafood

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by gamomof2, Feb 11, 2012.

1. gamomof2

gamomof2 You know, that SeaWitch is really giving me a bad

Spending first two nights at Bonnet Creek before moving onsite to Bay Lake Tower.

DH, me, my mom (60's) and our 16 yr old daughter.

Looking for a sit down seafood meal for Sunday night. Buffet or menu.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bearlyanne

bearlyanne DIS Veteran

I can tell you where not to go. Landry's on Vineland.It is decent, but overpriced and the service is soooooo slow. Even though
    is 5 minutes from the DTD gates,but I am not interested in going back.

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We had a wonderful meal at a place called Oceanaire which is up by the convention center. Expensive but very nice.

5. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

We had a wonderful time at Landry's (same location as mentioned by PP). The food was good, portions were large, server was attentive, nice atmosphere ... I have only good things to say about the place. When we went, they were also honoring 10% AAA discount.

6. mrzrich

mrzrich DIS Veteran

7. BonnieA

BonnieA I don't need no stinkin tag

We also love Landrys. We have always had good experiences there and the seafood is wonderful.

8. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

We have been to Oceanaire several times and found it quite enjoyable. Food was very good service was a hit on a few occasions and an awful miss on one.

We also really enjoy Bluezoo over at the Dolphin.

9. NJFireman22

NJFireman22 Mouseketeer

We had a very nice meal at Blue Zoo in Jan. The service was top notch, and the food terrific. I had the nights "Flying Fish" which was Grouper and DW
    had wild caught Salmon.

10. gamomof2

gamomof2 You know, that SeaWitch is really giving me a bad

So originally we made a reservation for Oceanaire for Sunday night for the 4 of us. Then I started reading different reviews (some professional, some travel forum user reviews). I wasn't real encouraged by what I saw.

So I cancelled that reservation and today placed one for the Captain's Grille which is right next door and seems to have much better reviews.

Now though our daughter has found a friend to bring on the trip so they won't be doing the meal with us and it will just be DH and my mom. We're excited though to try the place.

11. 61maris61

61maris61 Mouseketeer

Deep Blu is a seafood restaurant right in the complex, in the Wyndham Grand Orlando.

You can find the menu and reviews by googling it (tried to link them here, but I'm a newbie and it wouldn't let me :guilty:).

It might be a little pricey, but if you don't mind that, it looks like a good choice.