CSR, Port Or. FQ, or Port Or. River - which one?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DBurdette, Jun 7, 2008.

1. DBurdette

DBurdette Mouseketeer

If I can't rent points at the DVC, I want to stay at either CSR, PORFQ or PORRiver. Can you give me input on which you liked best? Which had more counter services than the others? Which had fewer bus crowds? :confused3 Thanks!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ols386

ols386 I want to live at Disney World!!

My vote would be for POR. We really like it. Stayed at CBR once, and it was nice also. We walked through POFQ, but we didn't stay there. It also looked nice, and is smaller than POR and CBR.

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We have stayed in only one mod but have visited all of them--walking the grounds, eating at food courts/table service restaurants. Our order of preference (and we will never leave "our" resort unless it is for Animal Kingdom Lodge) are:

CSR (staying for the 7th time in September)
    POFQ
    Caribbean
    POR

5. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

If you want a seat on the bus then CSR is definatly the way to go!! Great transportation! The food court is great too.. they have a ton of choices and it is a CS credit if you are on the dining plan.:cool1:

6. DBurdette

DBurdette Mouseketeer

That is what I need to know. We stayed at All Star Sports last year and the bus wait at the theme park to go back were terrible. My cousin stayed at CSR and said the buses were great for that resort. Not overcrowded at all. Kinda needed a confirmation. Also like the idea of a few choices to eat. Thank YOu. :yay:

7. tinkerbellmagic

tinkerbellmagic don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Well, I too, have to base my choices on transportation.
    My choices are in this order:
    CSR, POFQ, POR

I stayed at CSR and POR. CSR had great bus transpo. POR had, well, poor bus transpo. I only put POFQ in second place ahead of POR because it gets picked up before POR and dropped off before POR since they, many times, share buses. I have not stayed at POFQ.

To me, the grounds at all the mods are pretty, so you can't go wrong there.
    If I were to stay at a mod, I would go back to CSR for the buses alone. We had a nice time there last year.

8. jacksmom

jacksmom DIS Veteran

9. marineswfe99

marineswfe99 Earning My Ears

i love POFQ is my favorite to me it is like stayong at a B&B small and nice but ur at disney it is great

10. disneyworldluvr349

disneyworldluvr349 Disney World CM!

Port Orleans Riverside is and has been our favorite hotel. We have stayed there every year we go. (10 years now.) It is beautifully themed and it is quiet and peaceful. There is so much for everyone to do, the biking, the swimming, the food court with the coloring pages, the lobby with the T.V. playing old Disney movies. It is a truly wonderful hotel.

11. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

CSR!! Great main pool area, terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort and awesome food. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.