1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

CSR not what I expected...

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cass'mom, Jun 25, 2007.

1. cass'mom

cass'mom So, de beency bouncy burger, eh?

...it was better! :love: The pictures don't do it justice! I have to admit I was hesitant about staying here because I was never a fan of the southwest motif but this place is absolutely beautiful. We spent a wonderful week (6/2-6/8) here.

We arrived about 11:30 am and went in line to check in. There was a pretty good line but the kids watched TV in the lobby area with my DH while I waited so all was well. I waited about 10 minutes or so... The CM appeared to be new and was unsure about some of the computer procedures. They weren't overly friendly at the desk but I may have had HUGE expectations for our first ever trip. Heck, I was expecting the trumpets to be sounding and confetti to

be flying... :rotfl2: I guess what I really wanted was a bit more conversation and gushing!

We were given 5422 in Casita 5. I had asked my TA to put in a request for the Cabanas but didn't get it. I didn't say anything as I was happy we were able to get a room right away. So we walked over to the Casitas. The grounds are just beautiful. It is pretty far from El Centro and we didn't see any carts going by. In fact, during our vacation we only saw carts going by twice. On checkout, we called for one to help us hike our luggage!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures from just outside our room:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We ordered groceries from GardenGrocer.com and that too was a wonderful experience. Bell services had our groceries and brought them to our room for us. They forgot to bring our cold stuff in the fridge and the CM ran back to get it for us. The order and delivery was perfect.

The best part I feel about the Casitas was Bus Stop #2! We were the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off from a day at the parks. It was wonderful. We always had a seat. Overall, CSR buses were the best IMO. We really never waited any appreciable time for a CSR bus to come while at any of the parks. Half the time we were running to catch the bus as it was already there waiting! I knew Buzz said that the parks were close by and he's not kidding. MK was the longest trip and that wasn't any more than 10-13 minutes (I timed it each time! and that was from Bus Stop 2).

I can't comment too much on Pepper Market as we didn't eat there. We did use snack credits there to go. They had awesome baked items!

The quiet pool near the Casitas was wonderful and empty every time we walked past it. We never had a chance to swim at the Dig Site during the day but we went there one night and that was so much fun to swim in that awesome pool at night. The slide was closed at night as were the water falls etc but it didn't matter at all. The pool is so big that even though there were a lot of people there, it felt that we had the pool to ourselves!

We had wonderful housekeeping and the room was always clean and new toiletries each day. I happened to like the H20 shampoo, conditioner, and lotion and never used my own. We always had plenty of towels and a phone call had more to our door in minutes! Very fast!

The amenities at CSR are great too. My girls loved the Surrey Bike and hammocks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, this was a very positive experience for our first trip and I don't hesitate to recommend CSR to anyone! Thanks to everyone, especially Buzz, that provided info to make our first stay a magical experience.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation. Where to next time? :thumbsup2

4. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your stay!! :thumbsup2

5. alldiz

alldiz DIS Veteran

So glad you had a great trip....

Thanks for the pics....they are great....

CSR is next on my list to try....can't wait
    Kerri

6. ToyStory

ToyStory DIS Veteran

Thanks for you trip report. I am so looking forward to our trip everytime I read someone's trip report.:banana:

7. Tinkerbell_Girl

Tinkerbell_Girl <font color=red>2<font color=purple>3<font color=t

Thanks for the great review and pics!

8. mamamary

mamamary DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading your review. CSR looks wonderful.

9. Iluvthemouse

Iluvthemouse DIS Veteran

We totally LOVE CSR,

So glad you loved it as well and had a great trip. We were in the Casitas section also. I thought it was the most beautiful part of the resort.

I know I will be disappointed this upcoming trip in Sept because we are staying at All Star Music but I am about to lose my job so I am lucky to be still going. :cool1: :cool1:

10. parith1114

parith1114 DIS Veteran

Yeah, I'm so excited, we changed our split stay to a single at CSR in Sept during free dinning, and with reviews like this I can't wait to go.:cool1: I hope our experience is as nice as yours.

11. tink70

tink70 Just keep swimming.....

Glad you had a great time at CSR, we also loved it when we went in November for the first time. I also found the front desk not to be overly friendly, but they honored my request for casitas, and were helpful when we had a problem, so it was no big deal.
    I think they get a little immune to us being so excited about being there on vacation and estatic.
    We loved the casitas, it was so beautiful at night, with the fountains lit up.

I am trying to plan a return trip for May 2008!:cool1:

12. mermaid86

mermaid86 Mouseketeer

I was also just at CSR.. in the Rancho's section and it was FABULOUS! Absolutly loved it all. I posted some pictures in the official CSR thread, but could also post my rancho pics. here if you wanted.. (didn't want to start posting things in your thread without asking first! lol!)

13. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!! Glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR.

The more pics the merrier or start your own just back thread.

14. cass'mom

Thanks everyone!

By all means, add to the post! I love seeing pictures! :thumbsup2

15. Schucraig

Schucraig Disney World is my World!

Great report and pictures! Glad to hear you had a great time!:thumbsup2

16. tinkerbellmagic

tinkerbellmagic don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Thanks for the report! :)
    What gorgeous pictures! They are stunning. Such a beautiful resort. Do you mind if I ask what type of camera you used?

Got a chuckle out of the pic on the surrey bike. Your hubby is putting his hand up like he either does not want his pic taken or he is not ready to have his pic taken. ;)

We will be staying at CSR for the first time in Aug. I'm so glad you had a great time. Thanks again for sharing the pretty photos. It makes me wish I was there now.:goodvibes

tink

17. mermaid86

mermaid86 Mouseketeer

Here's some pictures from my stay there! June 12-19

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And my favorite!
    [​IMG]

18. cass'mom

Those are gorgeous! That last one is priceless!

Thanks for sharing!

19. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Nice photos!

20. 7nqb00

7nqb00 Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!

21. BadgerBruce

BadgerBruce DIS Veteran

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!