CSR-how busy when....

66Tink

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. We have finally decided to book CSR for 2 days before we move to the BCV, but now I am a bit concerned. We are not doing any parks in the two days we just want some R&R and CSR looks like the place for us. My question is that I looked on Buzz's CSR website and a Fl state Elk's convention is listed for the weekend I want to book....will it feel super crowded due to the convention or no because of the large size of the resort? We really want to stay here, but are leery because of the convention. Any input would be greatly appreciated. As always TIA;)

The conventions are also listed here on the "unofficial faq thread." I can tell you that we've stayed at the CSR eight times...and every single time there has been at least one if not two conventions, from small to really large. They have never interfered with our stay. They are mostly in meetings during the day and therefore leave the pool and buses emptier. DH and I always take a 2-3 hour "midafternoon" break and we have never had a problem getting chairs by the main pool or the quiet pools and having "quiet" time.

When I was at CSR Sept 25th-Oct 3rd there were two conventions going on (Lamaze and Foresters). I never even noticed the foresters and the only reason I noticed the Lamaze ladies is that some were checking in the same day I was and checking out one day when I was walking into the gift shop.

On the other hand, several years ago my mom and I were in a room in Casitas 1 and had a group of very loud conventioneers on either side of us. They also took over the Casitas quiet pool at night. They were just a very rude, obnoxious, drunken group overall though. I don't remember what organization they were with though. I have to admit we never noticed them except early in the mornings and late at night. We never saw them during the day or at the main pool.

Thanks so much for the responses and for directing me to the list of conventions on the FAQ page :thumbsup2 Since we like it on the quieter side, I have decided to request the Ranchos section. There was one thing I was puzzled about and that is are there pool activities for the kids on a daily basis or not? This will not be a deal breaker because I am still booking there, just would be an added bonus if there were.

We just got back from CSR and were there during some sort of Air Force military convention. Lots of military figures walking around and carousing around the quiet pool at night, but other than that we didn't hardly see them. Plus that means less people going to parks and less waiting for the buses. So that's good.

We did not see anything that offered kids activities at the pool. Nothing was in our welcome packet and nothing was in the room. If they had something like that we had no idea about it.

The kids participate in the "official" pool opening every morning. It's been so long since my kids were little that I don't remember the exact time -- I want to say it is 10;00, but hopefully someone who has been there recently with young kids can fill us in.

Ranchos would be a good choice if you are looking for peace and quiet. It's a desert landscape...which is not my favorite theme. However I believe conventioneers are housed in Casitas for the most part so you should be away from the ruckus.

We always found CSR to be very relaxing and laid back. Not a lot of kids or chaos. It's still Disney, but a bit more refined. It's like a budget GF...

Thank you KatMark and PigPen for your responses. I have been reading over the CSR thread started by KatMark, thank you :worship: and what great information it has. I am not to concerned about the kids activities, just wanted to ask. The reason I was thinking the Ranchos section would be good for us was because it seems to be a bit remote and somewhat quiet...that and the fact that DH does not like all Disney all the time...honestly I don't know what is wrong with the man :rotfl:, so I figured CSR would be a good choice because while it is absolutely gorgeous, it is also not over the top Disneyish.

Thank you KatMark and PigPen for your responses. I have been reading over the CSR thread started by KatMark, thank you :worship: and what great information it has. I am not to concerned about the kids activities, just wanted to ask. The reason I was thinking the Ranchos section would be good for us was because it seems to be a bit remote and somewhat quiet...that and the fact that DH does not like all Disney all the time...honestly I don't know what is wrong with the man :rotfl:, so I figured CSR would be a good choice because while it is absolutely gorgeous, it is also not over the top Disneyish.

Joanne, the Ranchos is the ONLY section we've not stayed in (we've done Casitas 7 times and Cabanas 1 time). The Ranchos is the furthest from everything, but from friends that have stayed they indicated it is very quiet in the Ranchos and has some beautiful scenery and close to the bus stop and the main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter