CSR fans, can you help with requests, information

AdventurerKat

<font color=FF99FF>Cries in her Jello shots<br><fo
My early October trip was able to be booked into CSR with the BAT rate and for that, I am thankful!

I have never been a big fan of CSR, but then again, I have never stayed there, only visited. I really like the grounds of POR but with a discount, I am certainly willing to give CSR a try. :) And afterwards, I will have made my rounds of the moderates so that's good. (Quest to stay at all resorts...although I expect some of the Deluxes will be one night only!)

Can the CSR fans tell me what you like about it? Can you recommend a building to request? When I called I pretty much just asked to be placed towards the front but I just dont know any better. :)

Thanks all.

Hi, we stayed here in August and loved it!! It is a beautiful resort. We were in Cabana 9B, which was perfect, it is right next to El Centro. So I would recommend 9B, or maybe 9A which is next to it. On the other side are the Casitas, I'm not sure which building number is closest to El Centro. Check out a map of the resort to get a better feel. Buzz2001 and Epcotfan have good maps on their sites.

The only place I wouldn't recommend are the Ranchos, if you want to be close. I liked the look of them, but felt they were too far from the main building. What I also recommend, is having a good feel for the layout of the resort before you get there and then when they assign you your room, if you are not happy, keep seeing what else is available till you get what you want.

We also stayed in 9B. DH wanted to stay at this resort and I was a little hesitant. I was fantastic! It was gorgeous. The pool was a blast! Overall, great value for the money. We will go back!::yes::

I wouldn't make any room requests. That way if you don't get what you want, you won't be disappointed. All 3 sections are beautiful. Based on what I read on these boards, I wanted to be in the Cabanas section. When I got there, the CM put us in Ranchos since she didn't have anything in Cabanas. It ended up being great. Once I saw the Cabanas in person, they were my least favorite in appearance anyway. I think the size of CSR is exaggerated. It never took more than about 5 minutes for me to get where I needed at CSR. You'll have a great stay no matter what section you end up in.

We have stayed there 3 times, normally we choose a deluxe. CSR is a very nice resort. One of the things we like is getting a room close to the parking lot so that when we drag ourselves back from the parks, we don't have far to go. The gift shop in El Centro is excellent. The whole place is beautiful. We're staying this fall too.:earsboy:

F1Julie - so glad to hear you say that. When I made my ressies for CSR I didn't request a location. I want to be surprised. I love these boards but at times tend to overplan due to all the info available. SO, I'm gonna let them decide for me. I've never been disappointed in the past and I'm sure I won't be this time either. :D

My family also enjoyed our trip May 2003 to CSR. Cabanas 9b is the section we stayed in. Great location. Easy access to El Centro and the bus stop. Even though many people complain about the Pepper Market. We actually liked the food there. It offered a big variety and here is a tip, if you want to save on the automatic gratuity just take your food to your room. We did this a couple times.

I'm subscribing to this thread too as I'm trying to decide where to stay at CSR too. Keep those suggestions coming!

CajunWDWfan, Howdy neighbor!

Check out my website for pics, links and info.

We love CSR because the grounds are so beautiful, the main pool area is great and they have terrific transportation. CSR offers many amenities that are only available at the deluxe resorts such as a spa, gym and hair salon and from what I've read, the gym is now free (?). CSR is now has WiFi available for laptop users and the rooms also have access to the net.

We love the cabanas 9b & 8a are the favorites, but we recently stay in rancho 6b and it was too bad. It all depends on how much walking bothers you.

Have a great trip!

We stayed at Dixie Landings in 2000, after we had stayed at the poly in 99. DL or POR, just didn't compare to a deluxe. However, in 2003 we stayed at csr, because we couldn't get a discount at a deluxe.

CSR is more like a deluxe than POR. The bus service was exellent, even during the busy Easter week we were there. The pool was great, the food court was good, and the grounds are terrific.

Other than not having bell service and double bed vs queen size beds, it is every bit as nice as the deluxes we've stayed in.

Our dd and ds are teens and we need an extra bed, so we stay in a deluxe with a day bed, otherwize we'd probably always stay at CSR.

We stayed in the cabana section, but I liked the other areas also. The landscaping of the ranchos was really cool.

we stayed in february and loved it. we found it quiet and pretty. any section is nice. we stayed in ranchos. the pool is great and the waterslide is almost as fun as one you would find in a water park.

it is spread out, but all you have to do is ask and a cast member will drive you in a golf cart.

and you do not share bus service with any other resort so that is great.

We love CSR! Have stayed there the last two trips.
I agree with previous poster that CSR is really not as large as people say. We have stayed in the Ranchos which we loved the fun theming, close proximity to CSR's awesome pool area and Ranchos is a little more secluded and quiet. This past trip we decided to try a different section. Since the cabanas don't thrill us though everyone seems to love them, we requested and got Casitas. We were given a perfect 3rd floor room non smoking with a comp upgrade (it was our honeymoon) to a King Waterview. We had the best view overlooking the lake. The rooms at CSR are nice and spacious and we have always found them to be clean and fresh.
The grounds at CSR are beautiful and we always take a few walks around the resort during our visits.
The food court at CSR is by far the best. At the Pepper Market the food is fresher b/c much of it is made to order and you can sit down and have a real meal not fast food meal. If you take it to go you can skip the 10% gratuity added on for having a waitress in the Pepper Market. We have always enjoyed our meals here.
We absolutely love this resort and recommend it to everyone! Best of luck! :)

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I feel less "disappointed". I just need to give it a try, I know. I remember the first time I could not get into POR and had to stay at CBR and I was really upset but I enjoyed my stay at CBR just fine.

Can someone tell me more about how they do their food court? If I remember correctly you got a card where they stamp what you got on it? And they charge a tip at the end right? I think someone brought us our drinks or something. It has been a long while since I was there so I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly.

Yes, everyone in your party is given a card. Then you walk around to the different stations and order the food you want, and your card will be stamped with what you have ordered. After eating you take all your cards to the check out and pay, they will add 10% to the bill which is for the CM's seating you and filling/re-filling your drinks. The first time it was a little confusing, but after that, it was fine.

If you can get some Quick & Casual vouchers, you can get yourself a great steak dinner for $12.00 normally $34.00. Check out the budget board for info. They have a thread locked to the top.

We have stayed in Cabana 9B & 8B, & Casitas 3. We really like staying in the Casitas.
The Pepper Market has a good variety of food. Not only do they seat you, get your drinks and remove trays, you get real forks, knifes, dishes and cloth napkins. You don't have to eat off paper with plastic utensils.
The bus serves just the Coronado. You don't have to share the bus with anyother resort.
We also like sitting at Francescosat the end of the evening and the kids being able to go down the walkway to the arcade.

We really enjoyed the casitas too. You can imagine yourself in a mexican village there with the fountains and courtyards. The main pool was not very crowded late in the evenings in June. There are surrey bikes to rent and watermice too. And the business office shipped home a big box of stuff for me so I didn't have to lug it on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter