CSR- Building Pros and Cons

mjohn9083

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I just got back from a Sept. trip to the Poly and we're planning for a Sept 2014 trip and CSR is our top contender!

I've never visited the property and I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of each of the 3 buildings. DH has never been so this will be his first trip. He loves to hunt/fish but isn't super big on the beach. I've read through the thread and LOVE the resort as a whole, but can't decide on a section.

Any pros and cons as far as calm, quiet, easy access, etc.? Or any stories you might share as to why you prefer one section to another? We don't have children but we will be traveling with another family (DH cousin, husband and 4 yr old.).

Thanks to anyone who can share CSR info :cool1:

We stayed there this past March, in Casitas #4, and it was a great location. The first bus stop that is picked up/dropped off is right behind the building. The fitness room is right next door, as is a quiet pool. And it is not a very long walk to the main building.

We stayed there this past March, in Casitas #4, and it was a great location. The first bus stop that is picked up/dropped off is right behind the building. The fitness room is right next door, as is a quiet pool. And it is not a very long walk to the main building.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! :thumbsup2 I hadn't even thought about asking about the bus stops so DH will like being able to get on and off close by. Did you ask for Casitas when you did your room request by chance?

The only section I'm not really feeling is the cabanas, so I wasn't sure if I should make my room request be more like "anywhere but cabanas" or ask for a specfic section like Casitas.

Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred buildings. Cabanas 9B is business class (club level "lite") starting January 2013. The other buildings (casitas 4 and 5, ranchos 6A, 6B, 7A and 7B, and cabanas 8A, 8B and 9A) contain standard and waterview rooms and are by request. Rooms in each building are the same size and have the same amenities (with the exception of the suites).

When going to and from the parks, buses stop first at casitas, then ranchos, then cabanas, then the main building. Bus stops are near casitas 4, ranchos 6A, cabanas 8A and the main building.

The quietest area is the ranchos - it is also the most remote and the least requested. It can be a 10-15 minute walk to the main building from the ranchos, or you can get on any park bus and get off at El Centro. The cabanas are very popular with families and the casitas are popular with couples and people attending conventions (but you will likely find all types of groups/families in each section).

Ranchos is pretty far from el centro....I would not have wanted to stay there....we are a family that goes to the main building everyday tho.....so if you want to be close to the pool and bus stop it may work for you:thumbsup2

Overall, we really enjoyed CSR, very pretty resort, great food and gift shop options, nice rooms, GREAT staff.....great vacation=)

Happy Planning!

As a first trip onsite for DBF and myself, we went with the flow and stayed in ranchos 7B. It was a 10minute stroll to the main building, 5 to the Dig site pool, and about 3 minutes to bus stop 4...

We didn't know any different (and still don't!) But it was perfect, quiet and romantic!!

Xx

Thank you so much for the quick reply! :thumbsup2 I hadn't even thought about asking about the bus stops so DH will like being able to get on and off close by. Did you ask for Casitas when you did your room request by chance?

The only section I'm not really feeling is the cabanas, so I wasn't sure if I should make my room request be more like "anywhere but cabanas" or ask for a specfic section like Casitas.

I had actually requested Cabanas, to try and be close to the feature pool. However Casitas 4 ended up being perfect! Being first on and off the bus was great! And my nephew liked being able to go to the fitness center for a quick work out.

I would probably go ahead and request Casitas if that sounds like the place you want to be. It can't hurt! And from what I understand Cabanas is pretty popular with the non-preferred crowd, so you odds of getting Casitas are pretty good.

I hope you love CSR as much as we did! If you're looking for convenience and are likely to visit El Centro frequently, then request casitas. We enjoyed the ranchos and found it was a convenient walk to anywhere we wanted to go, but we didn't go to the main building that much. Whichever section you end up in, I would request to be close to a bus stop and to an elevator if you are in a section that has them.

Casitas 4 or 5 s very close to the 1st bus stop.
Casitas 1,2,3 are very close to El Centro, the main building.
If there's a convention during your stay, a lot of attendees will be housed in Casitsas. We've never had a problem with anyone attending a convention.
Casitas has a quiet pool (unthemed) and are farther from the Dig Site Pool (themed pool).

Cabanas 9A and 9 B are short walks to both E Centro and the Dig Site Pool. There's a nice beach area with hammocks.
Cabanas 8A and 8B are right near the Dig Site Pool and play area. There's a walkway/bridge to El Centro and it's not a far walk.

Ranchos is farthest from El Centro. That said, it's also the quietest building area 7B is very close to the Dig Site area. If you like going to El Centro for meals, it also affords the nicest walk which enables seeing all the beautiful landscaping.

1st bus stop is between Casitas 4 & 5.
2nd bus stop is near Ranchos 6A and 7A.
3rd bus stop 3 near Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A and 8B
4th bus stop is El Centro.

While the main restaurants and Cafe Rix are in El Centro, there is Siesta's Pool Bar and Grill at the Dig Site pool area for sandwiches, hot dogs, etc. So if you're in Ranchos or Cabanas 8A or B, there's a foods option close to your building.

This is basically what I can share from our CSR stays. If you don't get your first choice building all of CSR is wonderful!

Casitas 4 is very convenient...we also like to walk to the lobby and retaurants, and this was a nice walk...the resort is lovely but quite spread out

Casitas 4 is very convenient...we also like to walk to the lobby and retaurants, and this was a nice walk...the resort is lovely but quite spread out

I think I'm leaning towards Casitas 4 ... it seems to have positive experiences and is close to a lot of things.

We'll be driving from Mississippi so we're looking forward to a relaxing resort because come park time - we're non-stop!

Thank you to everyone for all the help - I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter