Cs ?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
ok, if I am reading all this correctly, I think that my DS 13 will have to pay as an adult on the dining plan. Thats fine, but I gather from reading posts here, that even though he will be paying the higher price, he CANNOT get a childs meal at a CS place? He likes mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc,and is very picky! So, am I understanding the rule? Or am I confused? I could understand why a child 3-9 should be required to get a childs meal, but I can't see why a person paying the adult price can't get a cheaper childs meal? Help me understand this, or am I just mixed up? TIA!!!!:confused3

At TS meals, "adult" children on the DDP can usually get a larger portion of the kids' meal choices for their credits. I don't know whether CS restaurants have the same flexibility, or even the ability to just give you a regular sized kids' meal, especially now that adult and child credits are separated. If they won't, I think I'd use his CS credits for breakfast and just pay OOP for a kids' meal.

But first, check the menus at www.allearsnet.com. There aren't too many CS places anymore where you can get chicken nuggets as a kids' meal, but there are a few that have them (or chicken strips) only as an adult meal. Columbia Harbor House in the MK comes to mind. There was also a recent thread about being able to buy a McDonald's McNugget meal on the DDP, but only with adult CS credits. Here's the link to that:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1291887

I could understand why a child 3-9 should be required to get a childs meal, but I can't see why a person paying the adult price can't get a cheaper childs meal?
Right now, they have a big challenge just getting everyone, patrons and cast members, to know, understand, and follow the plan on face value. To the extent that they will or or won't make exchanges that are ostensibly in their favor, credit that to them understanding that they need to start doing things a bit more consistently, even if it is to their own detriment on the surface. That's not an answer to your question, or even a prediction of what they will or won't do, but rather an explanation about why they might not do as one of us would expect, in any specific moment.

Most childrens menus are specifically designated for children of a cretain age (in this case, it is children UNDER 10) If they decide to let someone who is over 10 get the kids meal (whether it is for WDWs benefit or not) Than the person who was allowed to break the under 10 rule is lucky, and should be greatfull. I imagine it may be allowed to use an adult credit for a kids meal, simply b/c it would be less expensive. But if the rule is under 10, than I wouldnt *expect* any breaks:confused3

look at some of the menu's for CS places you are going to go to, many of the menu's no longer include chicken nuggets, for instance. But they do have Adult CS burgers, chicken tenders etc.... The only thing I didn't see anywhere, I believe is adult CS mac and cheese--you might have to pay OOP for that.

Good Luck!! Have A Great Trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter