Crystal Palace @ 1:00?

KelleyK75

DIS Veteran
I made a lunch reservation at Crystal Palace for 1:00 thinking that would be enough time to eat, see the characters and get out to see the parade at 3:00. Now I am doubting myself that we'll have enough time to get outside and still find a good place to watch the parade. Thoughts? I checked today and there was an 11:55 reservation available but I wanted to leave enough time for us to do some things in the morning.

If you are really worried about it, take the earlier ADR. If you get to the park early, you will have plenty of time to get the big stuff out of the way by 11:55 and then you can do a few more things before the parade and just watch the time but you must get to the park at opening if you want to do a lot without waiting in long lines.

I think the 1pm is actually fine. It is a buffet so its not like you would have to wait for a server to bring the food to you if they are backed up or anything. As long as they take you in right away, you would probly be done eating within a hour or just over a hour. The characters come around pretty fast here too. So, you probly would have enough time to get a good spot, but like i said thats if they are not running behind in seating people in the first place so maybe you should just take the earlier ADR to avoid risking missing the parade.

Hi,

You should be fine...you can always show up at CP early and if they have room they will seat you.

For mid-September, you should be fine.

Expect to be back out on Main Street by 2:15, assuming you are seated by 1. You can check in by about 12:40 and should be at your table before 1.

Especially if you are there mid-week, you should have no problem finding a spot for the parade. Our favorite parade spot is at the bridge into Liberty Square from the hub - near Sleepy Hollow. This area is very close to the Crystal Palace, if you come outside and Main Street looks crowded, maybe try over there.

Thanks so much everyone! I think we should be fine with 1:00 and we'll just try to show up early and hope to get out early. :)

For mid-September, you should be fine.

Expect to be back out on Main Street by 2:15, assuming you are seated by 1. You can check in by about 12:40 and should be at your table before 1.

Especially if you are there mid-week, you should have no problem finding a spot for the parade. Our favorite parade spot is at the bridge into Liberty Square from the hub - near Sleepy Hollow. This area is very close to the Crystal Palace, if you come outside and Main Street looks crowded, maybe try over there.

Thanks! And thanks for the advice on the parade spot!! I haven't been there in so long and I know my nephews are going to love the parade, so I want to make sure they'll have a good spot and be able to see ok. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter