Crusing preggo and leaving in 3 days.... any tips?

Tink113

DIS Veteran
We are leaving a few days for our 7 night cruise on Saturday. I am 17 weeks preggo and wondering if there are any tips or things any previous preggo cruisers have.

Thanks!

I don't know if you've had issues with morning sickness or seasickness, but I'd definitely bring along something for that.

We did a Hawaii cruise with NCL several years ago. I was about 12 weeks & wasn't feeling well at all. I had my OB prescribe something (just in case) & lucky he did because we had really rough seas on the way to Fanning Island & back & I needed it.

Happy sailing!

Diane

I'm just curious as to what kind of responses you get as DH & I are planning a cruise and we are also hoping to to start our family soon as well :thumbsup2

I'll be a bit over 22 weeks when we cruise next month, so I'll be watching this thread. It'll be our last chance for DS to go to Disney and take a cruise before we have to wait until the new little one is old enough.

I haven't cruised while pregnant before, but when I was about 5 months pregnant with DS we went to Animal Kingdom. I made the mistake of letting myself get dehydrated and wearing flip-flops the entire time. Comfortable, supportive shoes are a must if you plan on walking around! My back rebelled for the entire trip. I'm taking my Sperries this time.

I haven't had an morning sickness, but I did ask my doc about seasickness and he said ginger pills and pressure point bands are my best bet.

I was only 10 weeks along on my first Disney cruise back in 2008. First of all I would say the second trimester is a very good time to go on a cruise so good choice there. Most women are over morning sickness and are more comfortable with the pegnancy at that time. I hate to take any drugs because most of them just make me feel worse but I did buy Sea bands for morning sickness you wear them on your wrists and they provide some pressure they really work. Even my 5 yr old could use them and she got over feeling sick on the bus ride fast. I got them at Walmart but I know my mother in law bought them for a reasonable price on another cruise line. Take your time enjoy yourself and relax as much as you can. The only problem I really ran into was eating. There is so much food and it all looked so good but on the second day I lost my appetite. It could have been the sun exposure on Castaway Cay. Gingerale became my drink of choice and I wish I had explained to the head waiter that I was not feeling well partly because of the pregnancy because he kept trying to to get me something else to eat and I just didn't want anything. Good luck and enjoy. Make sure you get plenty of tummy picks so you can tell your baby about his/her first Disney cruise.:goodvibes

I cruised during my second trimester and it was awesome. Lots of opportunities to nap, and all the food I could possibly crave! It limited excursions of course, but mostly I wanted to just chill, so that was good. I think there's nothing better than being in a pool when pregnant - help relax the back and all. I had no trouble whatsoever.

I cruised when I was about 4 1/2 to 5 months pregnant. Had lots of fun and no problems. Didn't get sea sick but we cruised in July - so no big storms or rough seas. Cruising during the second trimester is great. Past morning sickness, tiredness, etc. Starting to show but not huge. Just that happy to be pregnant and glowing feeling. It was great. Plus you could eat all you want and had on elastic pants! Doesn't get better than that! The only draw back is it does limit the excursions. Even some that you would think would be no big deal. They wont let you if you're pregnant. Liability reasons, obviously. I did take a note from my doctor just saying it was ok to cruise and I was healthy, etc. Just for my own peace of mind. The cruiseline says no crusing after 6 months. Since I was somewhat close to that mark I wanted documentation that I was only 4 1/2 to 5 months along. Didn't need it, but felt good knowing I had it. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter