Cruising with a Type 1 Toddler?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dsneygirl, Jun 14, 2013.

1. dsneygirl

dsneygirl <font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font

Has anyone done it? He will be just past 2, so too young for the kids club. My parents are coming so we'll probably just skip the nursery.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. quickcat

quickcat Mouseketeer

Hi! Yes we have. My son was diagnosed at age 1 and he's been on 5 Disney cruises now. We also skipped the nursery. I never checked into it but I just didn't feel comfortable leaving him there. He didn't know if he was low/high at that age so I knew they for sure wouldn't either! :) I never checked into having them test- maybe someone else did- I just didn't feel comfortable with it.
    We just test a lot more often because of all the fat in food which usually causes for spikes at night with him but the swimming/excursions in the daytime really helps. Tell your TA or call Disney yourself and let them know you'll need a sharps container in your room and it will be in there when you enter the first day.
    You'll have a great time. :goodvibes

4. dsneygirl

Thank you! My DS was dx at 14 months.

5. quickcat

quickcat Mouseketeer

One tip I have that I forgot to say is we always take extra milk from the buffet (to save from waiting for room service to come) and just keep them in the fridge in your cabin. Same with some yogurt too. That way if you need carbs quickly, you will always have something on hand ;)

The juice from room service comes with covers on the glasses so we also order an extra and keep that in the fridge too.

6. dsneygirl

Good point. I was thinking about getting like an extra banana, grapes from breakfast as well to have on hand.