Cruising with a "Green Card"????

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
Has anyone cruised DCL or other cruise lines with a green card? (since 9/11)? Can you do this? I keep getting the run around from the TA's about whether this is okay....

Tammy,

A relative of mine from another country was able to use a visitor's visa to go on a cruise with my family earlier this year.

We were told that as long as you had a valid visa with entry back into the USA there we would have not problem. It was smooth sailing for our family.

Good luck to you.

It certainly is OK to cruise with a green card, but you also need your passport. I am not sure why they would give you the run around.

Thanks for the responses! When I ask, they do say that the person with the green card needs to have a valid passport from their country, but, when I ask if that person requires a visa to visit the countries on the cruise itinerary, they direct me to some website that I find it hard to find the answer to my question or they tell me to call the consulate, which for the country (Iran) doesn't exist in the united states. So it is a big mess! I wish I had a person to talk to who had the answer.

i would play it safe and get a passport- i also have a green card but will get a passport before i cruise

good luck:sunny:

My husband had a green card (he is now an American Citizen - yeah!)

We did two DCL cruises with his green card - He did bring his passport -

Just a warning - when you check in, they WILL take your green card away from you - My husband was not too happy about that - He was always afraid of losing it - They put it in a zip-loc bag and returned it to him the morning you arrive back in Florida -

DH had no idea they were going to do that - So the second time around it wasn't a surprise - Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Karen

I have cruised with my green card three times now. You do need a passport. You do not need visas to visit the countries the ship stops in. You will be asked to hand over your green card at check in. They put it in a zip lock bag. It is returned to you the morning you have to go to immigration. I have done this three times and have found it to be easy and problem free (except for having to get up really early on immigration day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter