Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

That I have not been told but I would guess we would get a test run of something. Just makes sense.

If it happens, my 17-year-old DD will be over the moon, lol. But, I'm not going to say anything to her since nothing is for sure at this point. Thanks for the head's up!

I got excited at the prospect but it is on a port day, so probably not the full Frozen day. I'm still excited to try the new menu, though! And looks like I need to try to reschedule Palo dinner, cause I want to do that on Captain's Gala night. Thanks for the update!

I got excited at the prospect but it is on a port day, so probably not the full Frozen day. I'm still excited to try the new menu, though! And looks like I need to try to reschedule Palo dinner, cause I want to do that on Captain's Gala night. Thanks for the update!
True about the port day but we are only there till 3:30 so there maybe a lot going on.

Last edited:

True about the port day but we are only there till 3:30 so there maybe a lot going on.

I hope so! We would really love to get to see some of the special activities. They really sounded like they could be a lot of fun and so pretty!

To be honest I am not. I am so over Frozen.

I think that is often the case. It takes so long to actually get new things up and running, particularly when they never expected the adulation in the first place, that by the time they are in place everyone is already fed up with it. I guess though the little girls(mostly) will still be smitten. It will be nice to see something different around the ship though.

I think that is often the case. It takes so long to actually get new things up and running, particularly when they never expected the adulation in the first place, that by the time they are in place everyone is already fed up with it. I guess though the little girls(mostly) will still be smitten. It will be nice to see something different around the ship though.
Truth.

And agree, anything different is nice to have.

I humored my friends in January at Disneyland with the Olaf & Frozen girls character meets. I took group pics all smiling but I also took pics where I'm by myself with them doing a total disgusted eye roll expression. THOSE are awesome!

So there has been a change in the menus. Master chef is out and Frozen is in. Also Captians Gala has been moved up a day to our Purerto Vallarta day which will now be formal night. Frozen is now Cabo and casual.

Thank you for the info, I am looking forward to trying the new Frozen menu

I am posting this where ever I can... My husband Rick is looking for people that play bridge. He's a bit rusty since nowadays he only plays on cruise ships. He needs a partner for bridge too, since I don't play. One of the million things I want to do once we retire (in 37 days!) is work on learning to play bridge.

Are there and 20(ish) people going, we live away from our family, so our 23 year old nephew surprised my mother in law with this trip, he booked him and her to come with us, now I'm kind of thinking the poor guy might be bored stuck with us mature ( ok old ) people.

l
Are there and 20(ish) people going, we live away from our family, so our 23 year old nephew surprised my mother in law with this trip, he booked him and her to come with us, now I'm kind of thinking the poor guy might be bored stuck with us mature ( ok old ) people.

They usually have singles lunches and coffee meets so he could try one of those maybe? Perhaps hang around, hiding, watching till he sees who turns up:rolleyes1

My oldest is 19 but he acts like an old man often. LOL!

What a nice guy! I am sure there are lots of opportunities for him to meet other people in his general age range, though I've never been that age on a Disney cruise so I couldn't say exactly what they are. :) I do recall seeing 23- and 24-year-old brothers (or friends) on my FE list!

Look, I am a go to bed late guy. I love to hang in Wavebands late, have a few cocktails, and just enjoy the music. I personally do not dance. So any of the younger people here who are like me I would love to hang with you. Ok so I might have just turned 40 so some may not want to hang, but I just want the company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter