Cruising in July??????????

MaryJPixie

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any advice on cruising in July?? We are new to cruising and I'd like to try a 4 day Wonder to see if we would like it during that time....:love:
I was able to reserve a secret porthole room so it is a good deal....:cool1:
TIA:flower3:

Anyone have any advice on cruising in July?? We are new to cruising and I'd like to try a 4 day Wonder to see if we would like it during that time....:love:

Great time of year.. did a 7 day in July 2008 water was nice and warm:thumbsup2

We did back-to-backs on the Wonder last July 20-27 in one of the SPH rooms! It was awesome (both the room AND the cruises)... HOT (just the way we like it)!!:beach: We spent a day at Atlantis and 'bout scorched our feet off...take water shoes if you go there. Weather was good all week 'cept for a couple of thunderstorms in late afternoon. I'd recommend doing any excursions early as late afternoon runs a higher risk of storms. But it was good. :thumbsup2 Definitely better weather in the Caribbean than on the Mexican Riviera in July!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

July is our favorite time to cruise. Actually it's the only time we cruise. Number 5 is coming this July. It's hot but the ship is moving so there's always a great breeze. Sometimes we have afternoon rain but not as often as at WDW. Seas have always been remarkably calm too!

We did the 3 day Wonder in mid July and it was hot, hot, hot on deck when the ship was not moving, but the water on Castaway Cay was wonderful! Sunny and blue sky the whole cruise. Enjoy! :)

You should be fine.

My only recommendation is get to the castaway cay beach early. The short walk to the beach can be really hot as noon approaches if you have little ones. Even with the tram.

Once you cool off in the water it is quite nice.

Thanks everyone......it sounds like we are going to love it!!!! I love the hot weather:banana: ...........I could use some of the warm breezes right now I am so sick of winter here in Mass.!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: ......I am going to book the Hyatt at MCO the night before so we don't have to worry about our flights......does anyone know what time the buses leave to Port Canaveral from MCO??????? TIA:love: :flower3:

Happy Valentines Day:love:

Thanks everyone......it sounds like we are going to love it!!!! I love the hot weather:banana: ...........I could use some of the warm breezes right now I am so sick of winter here in Mass.!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: ......I am going to book the Hyatt at MCO the night before so we don't have to worry about our flights......does anyone know what time the buses leave to Port Canaveral from MCO??????? TIA:love: :flower3:

As I recall you have to sign up but they usually leave about 10:30.
You have to put your luggage out the night before in the Hyatt so keep that in mind. Your buses should be at the Hyatt and not with the other Disney Cruise Buses that are collecting passengers arriving that day.

Another alternative is depending on how many people you have is hire a van or town car service to a Port Canaveral Hotel. The benefit there is that you can book a grocery store stop.

As I recall you have to sign up but they usually leave about 10:30.
You have to put your luggage out the night before in the Hyatt so keep that in mind. Your buses should be at the Hyatt and not with the other Disney Cruise Buses that are collecting passengers arriving that day.

Another alternative is depending on how many people you have is hire a van or town car service to a Port Canaveral Hotel. The benefit there is that you can book a grocery store stop.

You have to put your luggage out by 8 am at the hotel and by midnight on the ship:thumbsup2

Rob

My sister tried to warn me about cruising in July.. I have always sailed in October..she said it would be hot and no breeze. She said we shouldn't get a veranda because it was so hot out we wouldn't be able to use it (we were upgraded to a Secret Veranda room)

Yes it was hot, but we lucked out in the breezed department it was great but we weren't in the room enough to really enjoy the veranda. Because the Wonder doesn't go very fast (it isn't trucking down to the Caribbean as fast as the Magic runs) it can be still at night but we enjoyed our champagne out there anyway

Nice breeze in Nassau!
4sbm39.jpg

When we stayed at the Hyatt MCO the buses began leaving shortly after 9am (9:15am to be exact). Hyatt guests are among the first buses to arrive at port.

If you are going to book the Hyatt, you can save a bundle by buying one of their "stay Certificates" for $135+$6 shipping instead of the usual $240+ a night

Rob

Thanks for all the input everyone I really appreciate it.......:flower3:
on another note.......has anyone booked the Romantic Escape at Sea package add on lately?
I was thinking about it but it is like $300 and I was wondering if it was still worth it....especially on the 4 day cruise:confused3
TIA:love:

Just did the DCL bus from the Hyatt last month. We used the Hyatt Stay Certificate for $135.00 plus $6 shipping. Bought it online.

The first bus left the Hyatt around 9:20 or so....we were at the port by 10:15 ish.

Make sure you get down to the Hyatt early and wait outside the conference room where they set up for checking in for the buses. We were on the first bus (about 3rd in line). After we checked in for the bus they tell you to have a seat in the lobby and wait for the bus to be called...our bus was the Captain Mickey bus. They led us as a group down the elevators to the ground level where the bus was waiting. I have some pics at the link below of the Hyatt and our cruise from last month.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570040566eitymX?vhost=travel&vhost=travel

MJ

Can you verify for me...the transportation at the Hyatt is not DCL??

Or is it DCL with a discountated rate when booked online?

Very confused....cruising next year and looking for options.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter