Cruise to Sanity ~ PTR

Hope to see you on the cruise! We will on yours too. Good luck training on the 5K. I had foot surgery then I got plantar's fascitis in the other foot. I have not been allowed to run in 2 years. I will be rooting for you to complete! We are total nerds who plan on hitting the Yoda's guy store. We are doing a private tour through Bernard's. In San Juan, the boys are going scuba diving and depending on their timing, we will try to go the chocobar. It sounds so amazing. We are planned and now just have to wait the 60 days.....

Hope to see you on the cruise! We will on yours too. Good luck training on the 5K. I had foot surgery then I got plantar's fascitis in the other foot. I have not been allowed to run in 2 years. I will be rooting for you to complete! We are total nerds who plan on hitting the Yoda's guy store. We are doing a private tour through Bernard's. In San Juan, the boys are going scuba diving and depending on their timing, we will try to go the chocobar. It sounds so amazing. We are planned and now just have to wait the 60 days.....
I'm sorry, I must have missed your post!
Did you stop by our cruise group thread? We have a Fish Extender going on, it would be wonderful if you could join! ^_^
http://www.disboards.com/threads/april-25-2015-disney-fantasy-7-night-eastern-caribbean.3221504/

Thank you ^_^ I kind of stopped but will be starting up again soon :) Awe, I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm glad you're still being as active you can be and not let your feet keep you from cruising! :sunny:
Haha, well, we are similar in interests ^_^ It would be nice if we could go to those places (or one of them) together :) Wow, scuba diving? That must be exciting! I must admit, scuba diving kind of scares me.
Hehe yes! It's excrusiating having to wait! Did you take advantage of the *GT rates? We are anxiously waiting for our cabin assignment (GTY 7a cat).
We're also very excited for this cruise because it means that DH would have finished Winter trimester, he definitely needs a break lol. He's going through mid-terms now!

Hey, sorry to hear you didn't get into MAPSS. I hope you get another opportunity.
Awe, thank you for your sympathies :hug: Perhaps it was for the best. I'm still in the MLA program at UChicago, so that's okay. I'll be meeting with the dean to discuss my future here on Tuesday.
Though, this past wednesday, a man from the Smithsonian came to my class and watched us present our projects. He liked my group (me and 1 other person) presentation and will be presenting it to the museum board to use for an exibit! :eek: If successful, they'll be using our design and our names will be in the museum!
Not bad for not being accepted into MAPSS ;)

Thanks! I have not figured out the quote thing.....

I am part of the group. I hopefully will be at the meet! The first day is so busy now that they have added DVC meet. Not sure I am going to like that. We are excited to meet everyone. I have maintained contact with at least one or two families from our each of our 5 cruises. It's amazing the people you meet.

The foot thing is what it is and I just have to deal. I am almost back on the regular elliptical. I have been using the recumbent one or the bike forever. I am ready for something different. I try to not let it slow me down too much.

We actually booked concierge when we were on our 12/13 cruise. When we boom on board, it seems to get us a better deal. We did the VGT for one cruise and was pleasantly surprised. The only room we did not care for was a navigator's verandah on the Magic. That time it was just me and my hubby. We have a DS14 and we need as much space as we can get. He likes to hang out in the room, watch movies, and order cookies from room service. I do make him leave the room every now and then but heaven knows he could stay in there most of the day. He really loves the documentaries. We are the nerd family!

I will not be scuba diving due to my asthma. I cannot snorkel in Hawaii either because of the temperature of the water. I have tried in the winter and the summer with the same result. I am fine in the Caribbean. Looking forward to Castaway Cay. I will probably snorkel there if my foot is good.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hey, I need to ask you a DCL newbie question . . . How do you find out what the theme nights are for each night of your cruise? Like, how did you know which dining rotation to request?

I want to know which days I should be thinking about doing Palo and/or Remy. I found a really information-packed post on Disboards a while back and can't find it again -- then again, it was kind of old, so I don't know how up-to-date it was . . .

Yay! Finally got ou cabin assignment: 8034 cat. 5B :woohoo:Not a bad upgrade!

To Do List:
:snail: DCL Transport (airport RT)
:snail: Prepaid Gratuities
:snail: FE Items

Complete:
:flower: Cabin Assignment
:flower: Palo Brunch Rezzi (3rd Day)
:flower: St. Maarten ~ Two Flags Ex.
:flower: Request Dining Rotation
:flower: Request 2 person dining seating
:flower: PIF
:flower: Flights
:flower: Pre-cruise Hotel

Last edited:

Hey, I need to ask you a DCL newbie question . . . How do you find out what the theme nights are for each night of your cruise? Like, how did you know which dining rotation to request?

I want to know which days I should be thinking about doing Palo and/or Remy. I found a really information-packed post on Disboards a while back and can't find it again -- then again, it was kind of old, so I don't know how up-to-date it was . . .
Oh! I went to Disney Cruise Lin blog and took a look at the personal navigators and menus for our ifunerary.
Though, our pirate day changed and now I get to be a pirate in the Royal dining room lol

Are you trying for dinner or brunch?

Thanks! I have not figured out the quote thing.....

I am part of the group. I hopefully will be at the meet! The first day is so busy now that they have added DVC meet.

Looking forward to meeting you!
I'm so sorry, I must have missed your response :sad2:
Yeah, the quote thing is weird. I just click the quote button and then the reply button next to it.

Oh, yay! Do you mean the mixology meet? My husband is going to that :)
Lol I'm so jealous for your DVC membership. As soon as we pay off our credit cards and car, we will be getting DVC :)

Oh! I went to Disney Cruise Lin blog and took a look at the personal navigators and menus for our ifunerary.

If the most recent set of Personal Navigators for my itinerary -- that is *not* Christmas or Halloween party-related -- dates from June last year, will that still be reasonably accurate? I don't know how often these things change.

Are you trying for dinner or brunch?

I'm thinking Palo brunch and dinner at Remy. I'm wondering, though, if dinner at Remy might be duplicative of dinner at Victoria and Albert's, since they share one of the chefs. (My husband is a vegetarian, so it's likely he could end up getting the same meal at both, ha ha.)

If the most recent set of Personal Navigators for my itinerary -- that is *not* Christmas or Halloween party-related -- dates from June last year, will that still be reasonably accurate? I don't know how often these things change.
I'm thinking Palo brunch and dinner at Remy. I'm wondering, though, if dinner at Remy might be duplicative of dinner at Victoria and Albert's, since they share one of the chefs. (My husband is a vegetarian, so it's likely he could end up getting the same meal at both, ha ha.)

The navigators are fairly accurate, they help :) Of course, they can be changed. Our pirate night was going to be on day 4 but got moved to day 5 (we got an email about it though). They are nice to have to plan ahead of time … as close to as accurate as we can get anyways :)

I'm not sure about any of the meals, as we haven't eaten at Remy or V&A (only Palo for tea a few years back). I would highly recommend asking on the cruising boards :thumbsup2

Completed day 2 of training for CC5k ^_^

That's about all the news I have lol

Finally was able to add DCL transport to our reservation! I'm so excited :cool1:

Early next month we will take care of the pre-paid gratuities and next week, I will be working on the FE items for our group :goodvibes

To Do List:
:snail: Prepaid Gratuities

Complete:
:flower: DCL Transport (airport-port/port-resort)

Last edited:
This week is FE planning! Well ... more like construction. We have no money until this Friday (most likely). Thankfully bought some materials for FE stuff prior and so I just need to work on it. Was suppose to start today, but I didn't wanna lol

Got pushed back again from CC5k training due to final projects and some weird issues with my hip (as in, bad pain when moving, not the bad/good from using your muscles). I'm doing this 5k. Even if it takes me the longest, I'm doing it!!

Prepaid gratuities!!! Yay :) Other then just packing and printing off documents, we just have FE stuff to make/ put together

To Do List:

Complete:
:flower: Prepaid Gratuities
:flower: DCL Transport (airport-port/port-resort)

Wow, less than a month to go! So jealous!! (BTW, I am learning a lot just by following your PTR -- thank you.)

Wow, less than a month to go! So jealous!! (BTW, I am learning a lot just by following your PTR -- thank you.)

Haha, I wish I had more TIME!

Really? Oh, I'm glad it's helping someone! I don't post like crazy or get a lot of people but it helps with me kind of keeping track what I need to get done. I'm so glad I can help ^_^

I'm planning on doing a video to show how FE stuff happens and is done ^_^

Awesome on the class grade! I can't wait for our cruise. I am debating putting the FE stuff together on the boat or not. I bought some fun local stuff. I just have to put in in a bag all together. I was in a meeting today and had a reality check on how close our cruise is!!! I am freaking out a little.

Awesome on the class grade! I can't wait for our cruise. I am debating putting the FE stuff together on the boat or not. I bought some fun local stuff. I just have to put in in a bag all together. I was in a meeting today and had a reality check on how close our cruise is!!! I am freaking out a little.

Haha yes, reality checks are exciting yet alarming!

Thank you ^_^ I usually pack the FE stuff in a way that will save the most space. We have fun putting together the stuff in the room.

Got my new bathing suit today!! It looks really cute on me :) While we were sorting clothes for packing (washing), we realized that I must have donated my bathing suit when we moved! Lol so glad we figured out the lack of bathing suit now instead of later.

The one I got is this one:
k2-_69c276f6-2a52-42cc-923e-804d336a3370.v1.jpg

k2-_aed679fb-2031-4871-82d5-d532182e985b.v1.jpg

But in pink (going more towards the magenta spectrum though)

It's really cute! Didn't think I'd look as good in it as I did. Plus, walmart prices, so that works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter